Current time: 04-20-2024, 03:41 AM
Armored Core: Resonance, Chapter 1: Broken night.
“Yes, Mother…I understand, thank you for the notice.”

A beautiful young woman, tall with long, platinum blonde hair was chatting into her cellphone; it looked to be a typical conversation between a mother and daughter. The woman stood in some kind of abandoned stadium…it was in near ruin—almost completely destroyed—and in the distance one could hear the blare of firing automatic weapons and the crashing bellows of explosions.

“Yes…I’ve got everything covered; toothbrush, change of clothes…Oh god, Mother! Don’t start with the thing about the towels—That’s private!” The woman avoided the personal question that most mothers that worry over their daughters ask with time, but after listening to more of her mother’s words, the woman smiled.

“Right. I promise that I’ll come home like always; I’ll be home in about four days. Would you like to go and see a movie? Or maybe you’d rather go eat out somewhere?”

The woman nodded various times as, listening to her mother’s words, smiling once again.

“Alright, so we’ll settle on that then. I’ll see you in four days.”

Finishing up her call, she put away the phone in her pocket then took a long, drawn breath.

“I’d get home sooner; but I have to tolerate two other people.”

If one where there, looking to the middle of the stadium, they would see an old, closed van, rocking gently from one side to the other. At ease, the young woman began to walk back to the van. As she got closer to the vehicle she could hear moans—they were, without a single doubt, moans of pleasure. Once she was at the van’s side, the girl threw open the van’s door carelessly—inside the rocking transportation was a young man thrusting deeply into a girl of the same age. He was on top of her, his thrusting stopping brusquely as he noticed the young woman’s intrusion.

“Whoa! Celice! What the hell’s wrong with you?!”

The young woman, Celice, studied the pair for a moment before sighing deeply. “Mark, Ashleigh…when are you going to finish? We have to rendezvous with the others in an hour.”

Ashleigh, the girl laying under Mark, lazily turned her head and right into Celice’s eyes.

“Celice, please don’t be such a killjoy. This idiot was just about to cum when you barged in.”

“Fine, fine. I’m going to close these doors again, but you two better finish up quickly. I’m sure you don’t want to get into trouble with Captain Edwards.”

With a dulled slam, the doors were closed and the two lovers were alone in the vehicle interior once again.

“Well, I think it should be easier to finish after that, huh?” Said Mark.

“Don’t be such an idiot! I felt it when you got bigger inside of me. Do you get turned on by things like this? Getting caught?” Asked Ashleigh.

Letting out a small chuckle, Marked responded, “You’re probably right about that. But let’s finish what we started.” He began to move freely.

Celice stood beside the van and lit up a cigarette, seeing how she had nothing better to do, and began to smoke. As the smoke filled her lungs she could hear how Mark and Ashleigh’s groans of pleasure picked up, becoming louder and louder with time; the rocking movement of the van picked up pace as well, making it much more apparent how close Mark was getting to the end. With due time, a long awaited declaration came from inside the vehicle.

“Ashleigh…I’m gonna cum…Ah!”

“Give me all of it!” Yelled out his partner.

The woman outside of the van listened to the symphony of sighs and groans that came as Mark released his load into the deepest parts of Ashleigh’s body. As the chorus finished, a totally red-faced Celice took a long drag from her cigarette to calm herself down a little—having been excited a little by the sounds. Then she took a deep breath.

“How the hell did I end up in this situation?”

Celice looked toward a certain part of the stadium where three enormous robots were stationed, one next to the other…

-FIVE HOURS AGO-

Everything was in darkness. She couldn’t see a single thing around her it was so dark. Eyes closed, Celice sat alone in that black solitude. She could only feel the cold of her surroundings and a slight sensation on movement. Suddenly, a small screen appeared near her side—it was Ashleigh, dressed in strict military uniform and looked to be inside the cockpit of somekind of vehicle. She looked completely animated and began to talk to Celice in an enthusiastic voice.

“This is so exciting! I haven’t been in combat in forever!”

Celice smiled lightly and opened her eyes at Ashleigh’s words.

“I would never have thought that the mobilization would have been so immediate...In any case, we will do what we usually do; we'll go in, give support, and get some cold beers after—my treat.”

A great series of monitors activated in front of Celice; one in the front and two on either side of her. On the screen to her right two more communication windows opened up. One was Mark; the other was from another person.

That's what I like to hear! With Celice on our side, each victory is more lively than the last!" Chimed in Mark.

Hearing this, the other person took over the line.

"Ah, don't forget that we have minors among us."

Celice pondered for a moment, then spoke.

"Oh, right. We have the kid."

Celice opened up a small window in the large screen in the middle. It showed a fairly young man, dressed in military garb and his cockpit almost identical to the others.

"Hey, kid, how do you feel about your first mission?"

"I will not be able to give an opinion until we actual experience battle. Also, could I please ask you to stop calling me 'kid'? My name is Richler," the boy said, a bit of anger in his voice.

"No can do! Until you get to be like us we're gonna keep calling you a kid, kid," Ashleigh with a mocking look on her face.

Everyone let out a laugh, mark looked a little disillusioned, but Celice jumped in an cheered him up a bit.

"Don't worry. Think of this as an initiation. I started off the same way as you and look at where I am now."

"Celice Marquet, second in command of the Myrmidon squadron!" Exclaimed Mark proudly.

A laugh came from Celice as she heard that comment.

"Come on, it isn't such a fancy title, but listen to me, Kid. just do what Captain Edwards or I order and you'll be fine."

Mark nodded after hearing Celice’s words.

"Yeah, I get it…I'll give it my all; for the Myrmidons!"

With that, a transition appeared on all the screens—it was an adult man with a red beret on his head and a scar over his right eye.

"Hate to say it,boys. But it's time for the main event."

Once he said this, red lights illuminated the container where Celice and the other were traveling, along withtheir vehicles. The man talking on the screen was their commander--Captain Edwards.

"Remember the mission. We will crush the anti-air defenses in order to clear out the landing zone for the principal forces. Team one will occupy the north sector. Team two, that's us people, will take control of the zone to the south. Prepare yourselves to deploy and complete the mission quickly and efficiently."

The team nodded and everyone began to prepare activating circuits, starting up systems, and the rest. As they finished, a voice came thought a loudspeaker.

"We are now entering in the red zone. Hold on tight, we'll be having anti-air artillery on our asses."

The pilot nodded and continued to fly the enormous Antonov aircraft though the hail of artillery, his voice coming through the loudspeaker once more.

"Drop Zone coming in twenty seconds—I repeat, twenty seconds!"

Everyone in the Myrmidon squadron, including Celine placed their hands on the special controls in front of them. Celine breathed out a small breath and glanced over to a photograph that as taped to the upmost part of the main screen. It was a picture of her and her mother when she was just a girl. With a grin, Celice addressed the picture with a low tone.

"I'll come back alive..."

Pushing a button on one of the central panels, her cock pick shut down completely--only to be illuminated once more with a feminine voice greeting her.

"AC activated, all systems are a go, entering assault mode."

Various robots were activated insidethe aircraft's cargo zone; the lights firing up everywhere and Captain Edward's voice coming over the air again.

"Remember, we're going for a job well done. We're Ravens, this is what we do; let's go, Myrmidons!"

The lights of the aircraft turned red and rails began to move the AC toward the void.

"Here we go again!" Mark said eagerly.

Under the intense rain of artillery, the two giant Antonov let go of their mortal cargo of six Armored Cores, the most powerful war machines known to man. The two squadrons of Myrmidons began to free fall, the shells of the anti-air weapons whistling by mere centimeters of each of the powerful Mechs.

"Um, this is pretty intense—Do you think we'll live?"

Richler was completely terrified, but Celice maneuvered her AC so that it was just in front of him.

"Hey, there's nothing to fear, Rich. Remember; Our ACs—"

She was violently interrupted when a projectile hit her AC Squarely in the side. Rich yelled out in a mix of surprise and fear; however, Celice's AC continued itsdescent as though nothing had even happened. Clearing her throat, Celice continued with what she had been trying to say.

"Like I was saying...There's nothing to fear. Our AC’s are our bulletproof skins"

Once saying this, Celice activated her boosters, gaining a greater berth of control of her fall while reducing the velocity of the drop. The rest of the group did the same. While she still fell, Ashleigh marked all of the targets using her recon system.

"I've localized the primary batteries close to the building most likely to have commanding control of this street. What do you say, Mark? Will you take it out?"

Mark grinned greedily and responded gleefully.

"With pleasure!"

He shut off his booster sand fell to the ground, hitting an area where many enemy soldiers with such force that the mech made a small crater upon impact.

"Alrighty then...let's see; create a crater in the ground--check. Now what's next? Oh, right—shoot until I can't shoot anymore!"

Using a pair of Gatling Guns, Mark's AC began to shoot into the soldiers and machines of the enemy. Edwards smiled wryly and shut down his own booster, beginning a dive very much like Mark's.

"Save some of that for the rest of us, Mark."

The Captain opened fire with a pair of rifles, causing severe damage to the surrounding occupied infrastructure. Meanwhile, Celice landed smoothly along with Richler near the enemy turrets.

"Alright, Kid, you ready?" Asked Celice with authority.

"Yeah! I'll cover your six!' Responded Richler.

Both ACs began to advance, destroying everything in their path and seriously damaging enemy equipment. Ashleigh landed near Edwards and began to support the commander. Team one continued its advance and began to complete its assigned mission. Edwards felt pretty optimistic at this point and turned to Celice's machine.

"Celice! I want you to go on ahead and destroy those communication antennas—we have to scramble them!"

Celice maneuvered her AC to point her rifles towards the said gigantic antennas—finding the objects in her range, she grinned.

"Consider it done, sir!"

She fireda pair of volleys that were more than sufficient to destroy the communication towers.

"Won't be looking at Facebook any time soon!" Celice laughed happily.

"Good job, Celice. Kid! Stay with her and help her sweep the zone."

"Understood, Sir!" Richler said brightly.

Mark was dashing through the zone and spotted the rest of them through the cameras of his AC."

"See? Things look pretty good for the moment, if only--"

A strong impact jerked his AC forward, making the machine fall like a rock, crushing a tank that had somehow found its way right under the AC.

Worrying for her boyfriend, Ashleigh spoke to him though his emergency line.

"Mark! Mark! Are you okay?"

Mark shook his head abit and looked to the monitors.

"It was just a little Jolt. Ah, damn. They have long distance cannons."

Ashleigh gave a relieved nod.

"Got it. In this case... launching recon!"

With a push of a button, a probe shot out of the back of her AC.

"Entering Scan-Mode."

The monitors in front of Ashleigh turned blue; she could see enemies in the distance, including some behind walls or behind buildings.

"I've got the cannons. They're localized en one of the buildings near the river. Captain Edwards, you're close by." Reported Ashleigh.

"Thanks, I'll take care of it." Responded Edwards.

Using his boosters, the captain's AC vaulted amongst the buildings, jumping off the walls and cornices until the he reach the point where he could see the cannons

"Bogeys in sight, they're mine."

Instead of firing his two rifles, he launched various missiles from a special compartment on his arm. Not only did he destroy the cannons, but he also totaled the entire building, making it collapse in an colossal explosion.

"Great job, Captain. I didn't know you were a demolitions expert," joked Mark.

"I didn't want to do it, but I do think I might have overdone it a little," laughed Edwards.

Ashleigh monitored the area around them one more time then sighed.

"Looks like we caused a riot; the entire enemy force are falling back. Good job, boys--we did it again."

"That's it? I wanted some more action," remarked Richler.

"Cool it, Kid. There's never a shortage in action when you're with the Myrmidons," Celice said with a smirk.

Mark and Ashleigh rendezvoused with Richler and Celice while Edwards came flying back through the buildings.

"Good work, crew. Team one needs some backup...Kid, since you wanted some more action, you're coming along with me."

"Sir, yes, sir!" Beamed Richler.

"Good luck, Rookie! Make sure the big, bad enemies don't kill you," teased Ashleigh.

Celice got closer to the Captain in her AC, asking, "And what are my orders, Sir?"

After think for a bit, Edwards gave his response.

"Secure the area and, if you want, rest for a while--why don't you three head out to that stadium over there? I think there might be something there. At the very least, you might have some seats."

"Roger, Sir. We'll go immediately."

Edwards activated his Ac's boosters once more and glanced over a t Richler though his cockpit's screen.

"Forward march, boy-o."

"Yes, sir!"

Both the ACs dashed off though the buildings. Moments later, Ashleigh let out a giggle and turned her AC to face her friends.

"Well, it doesn't sound too bad to pass some...quality time together, right~? Just the three of us all alone together."

"That sounded odd, Ash. Do me a favor and say that differently," responded Celice.

"What she's trying to say is that we should just relax. After a small victory like this we need to relax a little. What say we forget about inspecting the area and we just go straight to the stadium?"

Thinking over the situation for a bit, Celice couldn't do much more but sigh.

"Alright.Let's go to the stadium. It'd be good to breath in some fresh air."

-Five hours later-

"Let's go to the stadium I said...it'd be good to breath in some fresh air I said... I came here for a little R&R, not to hear you two have sex!"

Celice was a little uncomfortable, remembering the complete turn of events. Ashleigh and Mark came out of the van, somewhat dressed, grinning like a pair of dumbasses.

"Aw, C'mon, Celice. Have a little patience--this is pretty normal behavior for a couple.

"Unless you want to join us next time," Mark said mischievously.

"Not even if I was crazy!" Snapped Celice.

She had already finished her cigarette—she watched both Ashleigh and mark as they finished pulling on their clothes, and then stared up at the sky. The night was illuminated but hundreds upon thousands of stars and a beautiful full moon."

"Hm, well that's interesting. The stars in this sky look completely different."

"Yep, that's true.This is the first time we've ever had a mission in the Middle East. Too bad that it's in Iran. A friend of mine in California has basically all her family in this place," Replied Ashleigh.

"That's their fault. They paid the price for bothering everyone and showing off their nuclear weapons. Now, while the powers of the coalition are securing the installation of nukes, Ravens like us have to clean up the controlled areas for the rest of the armed forces...not that they don't pay well for it," A large grin spread on Mark's face.

Celice gave a glance over to the ACs that were parked near the, and felt a little saddened to see them scratched and pockmarked by enemy fire.

"Even though they're the ones having a bad time--we really have to treat them better than this."

"You're worrying over an AC like if it were a pet! They're only our protection against bullets; machines designed to fight—nothing more, nothing less."

"Say what you whatever you want, Mark. When we get backto the base, I'm going to make sure that he's going to get a new coat of paint—he deserves it," Celice said, gazing at her AC.

Ashleigh smiled warmly and touched Celice's arm.

"That's pretty sentimental, Celice. Don't you ever change."

Hearing these words, Celice opened her mouth to respond, but a voice came over her communicator.

"Celice, respond, Celice.You there?"

It was the voice of Captain Edwards. Celice pulled out her communicator and responded.

"Yes sir. Present."

"Perfect. We've finished securing all our objectives. The coalition will arrive in a few hours, so we'll all be meeting up at the airport. The Antonov will be arriving there to pick us up."

"Hell yeah! It was about time we got out of this place!" Exclaimed Mark.

"If you feel that way, then get your ACs out to the airport. You've got fifteen minutes." Edwards said.

The transmission ended and Celice looked to her friends, putting away the communications device.

"Well, I guess it's about time we headed out. If we get back to base, I'm buying the burgers."

"With cold beers?" Asked Ashleigh hopefully.

"What do you think, Ash?" Answered Celice.

"In that case, the hell are we waiting for? Let's get a move on!" Mark shouted, already climbing into his AC.

A few moments later, Celice and the other two were in their ACs and had activated the war machines, using their boosters to quickly maneuverthrough the city at maximum speed. Ten minutes after leaving the stadium, they arrived at the airport, reuniting with everyone else. The rest of the team, along with Team One were waiting at the main landing strip.

"Good job, guys. Our work's done for the moment. All there's left is to relax and wait for evac," Edwards greeted the three.

Celice switched her AC into standby mode and relaxed in her seat.

"I'm happy. The moment after a victory is always the sweetest."

Richler looked around at his surroundings. He could see the destroyed city in the distance—still showing some flashes from the enemy resistance.

"We'll be going to other places just like this one, won't we?"

"Of course, rookie! All in all, this IS our job. What? Scared?" Ashleigh asked mockingly.

"You wish. It was only a random thought.In the end, I'm a bit proud to be part of a group like this one." Richler said, a bit bashfully.

"Keep going like this and maybe after a few mission we just might start using your actual name, Kid—if you’re lucky that is," teased Mark.

At that time, Ashleigh received a transmission, it came from the Antonovs that were coming closer.

"Captain, the Antonovs are nearby--estimated time of contact is five minutes.”

Edwards nodded at the news.

"Thanks Ash. Team one will be the first to evacuate--we'll be going second."

The first Antonov landed, but the second continued to hover around the area.

"Boys, we've got a problem. The strip is way too damaged and there's only room for one of us to land at a time. I'm gonna have to fly around while we wait for Cargo two to take-off." The pilot announced.

"Copy, Cargo one; we'll wait," Responded Edwards.

The Captain raised on of his AC's arms, indicating that Team One should start boarding their ACs in the Antonov. One by one, the entire team walked in through the enormous doors of the cargo being assisted by a set of pulleys.Celice was relaxing in her AC listening to some music, while Richler was reviewing some archives from the mission...but he a doubt crossed his mind and called out to Celice.

"Um, pardon me Celice, but what's the next siting we'll be visiting?"

"Let me see...after a break at the base, they're going to need us at the capital. Apparently, the final offensive isclose at hand and they want us to clear out the areas nearby so that the Coalition's forces can pass through without a hitch."

"I see. So it going to be large-scale attack, huh? This is going to be the first time I've ever been in one. What happened here tonight was only a skirmish."

Richler grew a little worried, but Celice gave him a little pep talk.

"Hey, don't worry over it. I'm really not supposed to tell you this, but the group sees promise in you, we know that you'll be fine. Besides, if all else fails, we'll be at your side."

She finished up her statement with a cute little wink; Richler couldn't help but smile. From above came the sounds of engines.

"This is Cargo Two, returning to base," announce the pilot.

"Copy that. Have a good trip, boys." The Captain responded.

The Antonov began to advance down the strip, preparing to take off. All of the team waited to see off the launch without any mishaps.

"I'm dying to get back to the base! Ugh, so much food and beer," remarked Mark.

"Mm. I think I'm a starting to get a little hungry too...if you know what I mean, right, Mark?" Ashleigh said a little sultrily.

Mark let out a loud chuckle.

"Oh, believe me when I say I'm feeling a little 'hungry' too."

Edwards took a sudden interest in their "hunger", stepping into the conversation.

"Tell me, what do you suppose you'll be eating?"

Ashleigh and Rick suddenly grew quiet, then tried to change the subject.

"Ah...well, you see, Chief...we..."

"We are thinking about having a special barbeque with everyone!" Ashliegh chimed in, covering for Mark.

The Antonov advance at full speed down the strip, achieving take-off perfectly in a few seconds. Once the plane was off, Edwards turned to Celice.

"Celice, just curious...what did you guys do at the stadium?"

"Eh, I didn't do anything with them, sir. They...they were off doing their own thing." Answered Celice.

"Oh, I see. Mind telling me what they were doing?" Asked Richler.

"Hey, hey! That's private, Rookie! We'll tell you when you're older or maybe even never!" Ashleigh exclaimed

"Both of you know that doing that kind of thing on the battle field goes completely against regulations. How many times do I have to keep telling you?"

Edwards was starting to get angry, but instead of blowing up at them, he merely have a large sigh.

"What am I going to do with you? In any case, try not to do this kind of thing again. We're in a battle field—it's dangerous."

Mark gave his leader a challenging grin.

"Oh, c'mon, Chief. What’s the worst could happen?"

Out of nowhere, the Antonov that had just taken off exploded in a mammoth ball of flame after being hit by a ray of blue light. The team stared in silence for a single long instant as pieces of the plain and Team Two's AC fell from the sky."

"What...What the fuck just happened?" Asked Richler, growing scared.

Without warning the voice of one of the Pilots of the second Antonov came over their communications arrays. "Multiple missiles inbound! Shit! Evasive maneuvers!"

The group looked to the sky to see the Antonov release of hundreds of flares against the missiles. But it proved to be a futile attempt because it seemed like the missles where being guided by hand; they passed by the flare and grew closer to the aircraft at a maximum velocity.

"Impossible! They passed through out defenses! This is Cargo One requesti—"

The missiles impacted against the plane, making it explode into millions of pieces. The team was paralyzed. Including the very Captain.

"It...it can't be...there were still enemies in the area?"

"I-I have no idea, sir! Nothing appeared on the radar or on Scan-mode--it didn't detect anything!" Yelled Ashleigh panicking, her fingers flying over her controls.

Suddenly, Richler pointed at the sky with two of his AC's fingers.

"Guys? What...what's that?"

The rest of the team set their sights on the firmament. Flying in the middle of a cloud of smoke was an AC taller and was stylized so that it was hovering over the area. The unit that it had for a head waslooking right at the group that stared up at it from the ground. It's colors were red on white and was armed with a type of energy rifle—a long distance energy rifle.

"It-it's an AC?!" Asked Mark.

Celice turned on her Scan-Mode to analyze the enemy, but her system couldn't identify it for some reason.

"I-I can't Analyze it! There's some sort of interference field around it."

Once it approached, Edwards eyes widened in horror. That form of AC--the weapons that is carried...it made a drop of cold sweat run down his face. The team stayed in a silence that was brokenby a single terrified word from Edwards...

"NEXT"
[Image: nqnseb.jpg]
My vision is for the good of everyone. Mostly me

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reiki's Touch : False Messiah Deleted Chapter Immaterial 0 3,023 06-01-2014, 11:46 PM
Last Post: Immaterial
  A Raven's Broken Wing - Repaired White_Rain 0 2,715 01-17-2014, 12:08 PM
Last Post: White_Rain
  Armored Core: Silent Calamity gomezcreative01 6 11,465 01-03-2013, 11:50 AM
Last Post: gomezcreative01
  Armored Core: Exhibito, Fabulam Part 1 Saika Darkmoon 0 3,085 08-21-2012, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Saika Darkmoon
  Armored Core: SEED Factor Evil Panda 1 3,212 02-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Evil Panda
  Armored Core - Code Destiny Terminator98 0 2,918 12-23-2009, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Terminator98
  Armored Core - Destined Encounter CrystalHeart 1 3,309 12-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Last Post: CrystalHeart