Current time: 04-20-2024, 08:01 PM
Dragon's Dogma
I liked the open-endedness of Fallout, and I realize this game may be like that, but with a bit more medieval Diablo-ness thrown in, so that seems good.

I'd like to confirm with the actual people who've played it though: is it any good? Worth the purchase?
^Only if you actually have the time to play it.

(I don't own it XD)
(05-29-2012, 03:50 PM)NiX Wrote: ^Only if you actually have the time to play it.

Well yeah, there's that. LOL
thinking of trying out the game as well

might play as a mystic knight

party members

1.obviously someone to tank
2. nuker and healer if its possible
3. archer and partly healer

prefer to have at least 1 main and 1 secondary healer in a party XD
Ive been playing for roughly a max of 32 hours I think.. So far..

-Loving the exploration, lots of things to find and such, monster ambush, treasure etc.. Im afraid its gonna end eventually if I keep exploring.. Sad

-Difficulty. The early days are tough, been dying a lot due to wandering too far without gears and such. Currently, I have decent enough gears and I dont find monsters and huge monsters challenging anymore.. Still fun regardless.. (Used to playing Demon souls so yeah, everything else seems easier and less challenging)

-Its more akin to monster hunter+Fall out= Dragons Dogma. I just wished they'd include a hardcore mode wherein you have to keep mind of fatigue,Hunger, sickness etc. It will make the game 3 times more awesome!

-Crafting. Unless I havent found it yet there isnt one. I wish they had so you can make armors like how you did in Monster hunter.

-Capcom is obviously trying to out shine Monster hunter with this or they're testing something out for Monster Hunter

-Gotta love that unique opening music on the menu.. Smile

P.S. Feel free to ask specific questions! (I Also has screenshots on mg FB account if you guys wanna check it out)
Fuunyaah~
Didn't know we had a thread for this game because I was too busy playing it non-stop LOL I finished it yesterday at Rick's place after taking a lot of time to explore the world and do almost all the side quests. Is the game worth it for the price? I'd say yes, definitely. It's like Skyrim/Fallout and MH combined, with a bit of the grit in Dark Souls.

As of last night, I'm still finding out hidden locations in the game just by exploring all over the world map. I wish there was fast travel and horses Tongue

Right now I'm finishing up the epilogue, but still woefully underleveled to fight the Ur-Dragon (google it) which I ran into by accident last night. It promptly squashed my party btw, which was made up of a: level 108 sorc, level 79 and 40 something warriors, and level 40-something assassin LOL All the other monsters in the game aren't too hard to beat anymore though.

Edit: Oh and use my pawn! He's named Raffy but he doesn't fail as much as he used to.
Just finished the main game itself around level 65ish.. Currently in the new game and freshly defeated Ur-Dragon (Offline) Took me roughly 2 hours or so to put it down.. XD No chance with the online Ur Dragon.. I aint doing enough damage to it yet.. XD

Really worth it for the price as Jake mentioned. Though personally, Id want to see a lot of improvements to make the game better. Its one of those games you'd have fun with but wont be on your game of the year list.

Just sharing! LUCKY!!!

[Image: GEDC1428.jpg]
Fuunyaah~
just started this afternoon.

am a level 5 warrior who hired maria theresa and raffy.

hire my pawn too. her name is sora (character by trace Happy )
(06-05-2012, 04:07 PM)AEA1 Wrote: just started this afternoon.

am a level 5 warrior who hired maria theresa and raffy.

hire my pawn too. her name is sora (character by trace Happy )

Will do! I will have her fight something tough! Ahaha! Will add you later!
Fuunyaah~
Finally bought the game as well; got the game a few hours ago. I've been using Sforza and Hell Heart's pawns until now. Not to mention one of them is named Raffy (please don't cause game overs ;_; ). LOL LOL LOL

And I bought a buckethelm for my character. I do not want it to have a face, therefore I hate towns. I just need a fully-plated armor for the chest now, just so I can look like ordinary dragon fodder!
I am afraid to Hire the pawn named Raffy..lol
Fuunyaah~
Raffy hasn't failed me so far, except for one thing he does regularly to me.

Raffy: This looks interesting...
Raffy: *picks up rock*
To the people who started recently, remember to update the pawns from time to time. Just release the pawn and re-hire them by accessing the friends pawns list.

For the guys using Raffy, from yesterday to today, he's jumped quite a lot in levels (I think around 6 or 7), got a huge gear upgrade...
and he turned into a woman!! LOL LOL
(06-06-2012, 02:07 AM)Sforza Wrote: To the people who started recently, remember to update the pawns from time to time. Just release the pawn and re-hire them by accessing the friends pawns list.

For the guys using Raffy, from yesterday to today, he's jumped quite a lot in levels (I think around 6 or 7), got a huge gear upgrade...
and he turned into a woman!! LOL LOL

Now this I gotta see!
Fuunyaah~
That definitely sounds Raffy random, what next?
[Image: 213920.gif?v=1]
"It's snowing women." -Tsukika.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon Age 2 HayWire 4 5,787 03-31-2011, 10:28 AM
Last Post: HayWire