Current time: 03-28-2024, 06:37 PM
Camera Performance Lock-on bonus
I did some testing on how much does the Camera Performance affect your FCS' lock on range and here's what I found out: Your head's camera performance affects FCS lock range as a percentage, here's the formula:

(Camera Performance - 500) / 1000 = Percentage bonus to be added to your FCS' lock range. Then, (Percentage bonus to be added to your FCS' lock range + 1) * FCS lock range = Actual lock on range.

Take for example the Roland which has 821 camera performance and the Glance, which has a lock on range of 200.

(821 - 500) / 1000 = .321 Then (.321 + 1) * 200 = 264.2

Thus your lock on range with the Glance + Roland is 264. Try it out and see for yourself.

Applications: you can actually boost short-range but fast locking FCS by using high camera performance heads. Say Beowulf + Glance for around 280 ranged quick locking system for your weapons and such. This is more crucial for long range ACs such as snipers or tanks with cannons as they both need range and lock on speed to use to their advantage.

Complete table here:

[Image: MCeQD.jpg]
Nice info, I think I will have to refine my Pulse AC to accommodate a better performance head without compromising energy recovery that much. The real problem with my AC was since I close in quick, I tend to only have a split second in shooting where most of the time I didnt have an opportunity to lock-on due to me using a wide FCS.
Fuunyaah~
Given the limited range of pule weapons (under just a hundred for pulse MGs, about 70-ish for pulse guns, and about 75 for plasma guns, pulse cannons just under 200), you can just use the 100 ranged FCS if you're using those weapons exclusively. EN weapons have quick lock speeds anyway, so you don't have to worry about the lock performance of FCS' that much. Then again, you'll have to consider other weapons in your back hangars, so you might want to use a more well rounded FCS for that purpose if ever you go for that route. :p

For pulse cannons though, the Glance is good enough, or the 150 ranged one buffed up with long camera performance heads to make the lock range just around 180-ish (Roland and Beowulf come to mind). Anyway, your mileage may vary.
ok, but what if blade tracking came back?
[Image: 213920.gif?v=1]
"It's snowing women." -Tsukika.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
Updated with complete chart. Find your real lock on range with it :p.

EDIT: Updated again, hopefully easier to read this time.
This seems to be the reason why I get lock-ons beyond the weapon's optimal range.
Pulse gun lock-ons arent enough! Ahaha! Will experiment a bit.. XD
Fuunyaah~
Weirdest, but very convenient glitch I encountered when using the G-Cannon and my twin Valedosas. Apparently after you fire it the reload time, damage, and range went through the roof on these babies rivaling even the USG's.
[Image: 213920.gif?v=1]
"It's snowing women." -Tsukika.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LR: Replay Camera Mechanics seraquiem 18 23,708 06-25-2011, 04:51 AM
Last Post: Caspian