Current time: 03-29-2024, 04:30 PM
ACV Tips and Q&A
Hold down on the d-pad then press the trigger button for the weapon you want to purge.
That thing that you turn into when you die in a team battle...is that supposed to be the pilot wearing a jet pack? LOL LOL :Lol:

Also, is there no other way to check how much damage you do per energy type (KE,CE,TE) aside from looking at each and every weapon your AC carries? ._.
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
I have a question about TE weapons. I have a MW build that utilizes all kinds of weapons i have a rifle for my right hand a battle cannon (strekoza) for the left hand, L bay unit, is a pulse machine gun, and r bay unit holds a shotgun for short range weapon.

Everytime i do battle with people, I scan them first and observe their weaknesses , everytime i use my pulse machine gun or my laser rifle(which i switch from time to time) , i feel like im not doing enough damage, so that's why im thinking of just removing the laser rifle/pulse machine gun to increase my boost power, reduce weight, and increase the energy conductivity.

also as i read in the patch. flash rockets are gonna be nerfed hard. I am a flash rocket user, and i was thinking of just totally replacing the weapon to something else. what would be a good offensive weapon for me? CE missiles or the auto gun?
If you really like flash rockets, you can just keep using them. They are incredibly annoying to fight against, though.

And pulse machine guns are amazing. I don't know why you'd need to change it. Maybe try a different one or a different tuning path?
I have a very if not similar setup to yours. BR, Rifle, then for me a shotgun and a pulse mg on the back. I have a Ciws on the shoulders however, for invasion and missiles, which definitely will get buffed in future patches.

Pulse Mgs are really good. Especially if paired with another strong short range gun, like a shotgun.
(03-30-2012, 08:49 AM)HayWire Wrote: That thing that you turn into when you die in a team battle...is that supposed to be the pilot wearing a jet pack? LOL LOL :Lol:

Also, is there no other way to check how much damage you do per energy type (KE,CE,TE) aside from looking at each and every weapon your AC carries? ._.

The pilot's just there for the lulz. You can change it at the team menu, first option iirc. Any member can change it, and will also affect all team members' avatar.

As for your second question, no. There's a reason why we always play mock battles other than playing with loltactics. There's also the AC test mode.

Edit: Misunderstood your second question. Refer to Zefyr's post instead.
@HayWire when you target an enemy in Combat Mode it shows their AP. So if you want to test relative damage your weapon is doing get a staple test subject, either the ACs in the test arena or an easy Order Mission AC, and just fire away and see how much damage you're doing. If you want to calculate per shot, that's trickier, since that includes manual mathematics XD

@blackdeath Do you use your weapons against ACs that are weak to them? It's a silly question, but it could happen. Pulse MGs are deadly up close, I've been an avid fan of them. Laser Rifles as well, more so if you put effort in it to charge shots. Any weapon can be effective as long as your using them against the correct enemy. I could also be the slight lag people get when fighting online, since the Pulse MGs shots dissipate at a set distance, so you may not be noticing that. Stay as close as possible with a Pulse MG and you'll tear away the AP of an AC weak to TE.
Andrew asked me how to get the 5 OW/UWs in ACV and just told me to post it here instead.

Anyway, in order to gain access to OWs in general, you need to clear the story missions, then you'd get the first three (chainsaw, mass blade, mass cannon).

As for the fourth one, you would need to clear all order missions. Take note that you would need to clear the story missions in order to gain access to OWs in general though.

As for the fifth one, aka the massive missile launcher, you need to kill the Zodiac ACs in the story missions. http://gamers-high.com/ac5/mission/rush-power.html
Getting some of those hidden Zodiac guys to appear is pretty tough quest. Not to mention some of the trophies...

including the one for killing Exusia, the last boss. Sad
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
I followed that site but it still takes a bit of trial and error.
Anyway here's how I got the 5th UW(Giga Missile). Keep in mind having minimal damage and no resupplying when doing these missions.

Mission 01:
-Clear all the enemies, reach the tunnel, destroy the Armored train in 4-ish minutes. When the cutscene starts, the police AC get's killed by an RJ Zodiac. He's the toughest zodiac I've fought since he fucks up your FCS hand he'll kick you to death if you get too close. I highly recommend 2 USG-23/H gatlings and additional shoulder ammunition for this mission.

Mission 04:
-This is mostly a speed run. Just ignore all the enemies and kill the 2 scavenger ACs as quickly as possible(use dual pulse guns). Once you've killed the Scavengers head immediately to the center of the city and you'll notice in the cutscene a Zodiac AC(heavy RJ iirc) will show up instead of the police AC.

Mission 06:
-You'll have to unlock 2 Gemini ACs separately. Both are HW bipeds, one using a KE core, the other a TE core.

-To unlock the first AC Gemini you simply need to do a speedrun. Ignore all enemies and Destroy all the explosivel tanks, the LLL, then the enemies in the square as quickly as possible.

-Unlocking the second is more complicated since you'll have to complete a few sub-objectives along the way.

[Image: th_ACGEMINICL.jpg]

ok, ive got the giga missles thanks to our resident baphomet.

are weapon stat growth random?
Yeah they are, for the sake of extending the replay value.
oh ok, its just because whenever i try to grow 4 weapons of the same name. the ones at the back ends up a bit better, maybe its just coincidence.
[vid]MSEfoC0pAYg[/vid]

Good info in this vid by Godlyperfection.

Basically proves that during scan mode, the drain of your head/boosters/legs/recon is irrelevant. For me, this means that the equip drain of my weapons and core becomes a much bigger consideration.

Anyone know how to do that long boost he did near the end of the video, when he was comparing the length of the long boost and the Boost Charge? Seems to up the distance by quite a bit. Dunno if I've been doing it before, since it seems like he holds the button until right before the boost charge which is what I do out of habit to conserve energy, but I don't know if the lengths are the same. Will try later when I get on.