Current time: 03-28-2024, 10:38 PM
ACV Tips and Q&A
Ever since I found out you could just hold jump to auto-wall bounce, life's been so much easier. LOL
WOOT! Thanks for that NiX. I didint know that it's possible. I'll try it all later...
hhhmm read a couple of these post, I have a lot of questions

How many parts are there in the game? I did like 6 story missions and like 20 order missions, the reason I ask this is because it doesn't seem like I am unlocking new parts in the store, I unlocked like 3 cores, and 4 weapons and I really need a more powerful generator so I have more energy reserves for my "IN YO FACE" play style.

I haven't played online yet so I want to know, are heavy weights a good or at least decent way to go or should I just screw them and just go with Medium and Lights weights?

Are people rude, evil, and rage like on other multiplayer games? and is the operator position given out randomly because my mic broke recently

How many territories are there? are there a couple of teams that just rape pretty much every one else and owns all the territory?

you guys have a team right? I wanna join because Im pretty sure no one is gonna join mines
what do i fight for? i have nothing to fight for but i fight i LIVE because it is my only defiance to what ever gods may be for making my life a living hell
(03-25-2012, 09:08 AM)spartansgestugatenso Wrote: hhhmm read a couple of these post, I have a lot of questions

How many parts are there in the game? I did like 6 story missions and like 20 order missions, the reason I ask this is because it doesn't seem like I am unlocking new parts in the store, I unlocked like 3 cores, and 4 weapons and I really need a more powerful generator so I have more energy reserves for my "IN YO FACE" play style.

I haven't played online yet so I want to know, are heavy weights a good or at least decent way to go or should I just screw them and just go with Medium and Lights weights?

Are people rude, evil, and rage like on other multiplayer games? and is the operator position given out randomly because my mic broke recently

How many territories are there? are there a couple of teams that just rape pretty much every one else and owns all the territory?

you guys have a team right? I wanna join because Im pretty sure no one is gonna join mines

how many parts? - well a lot, you need to increase your team level to buy new parts, lv 50 i think is the team level wherein you can buy all the parts

heavies? mids or lightweights? - IMHO use what gives you the more enjoyment factor while playing

are people rude evil rage etc? - i dunno, coz i play the JP version, people there don't do no talkin unless you're a jap i think

how many territories? - 16 all in all 3 in each map, there are a total of 8 maps
Just started playing yesterday and got up to a rude awakening:

Boost hoping is gone?!Wtf(or is it). Can you guys show me the ropes on evading in this game? Besides qb/hb-ing sideways, I'm still having problems evading heavy fire. I know this might have been discussed earlier on, but pardon my laziness of back readingUnsure
This is also a punishment for you.
You will be the defender of justice and wear a mask forever,
you won't be able to live as yourself.
You will sacrifice all your happiness for the world.. Eternally..
(Last words to Zero - Lelouch Vi Britania)
^Dodging now is all down to well-timed jumps, hi-boosts (QB), glide boosts (OB), wall jumps, and just taking cover.

Learning when to toggle your booster is the new quick boost.

A really helpful tip for new guys is that just holding down the jump button makes you automatically jump off stuff continuously. No need to tap.
The emphasis on out-piloting in this game is significantly less, as it's not really a dueling game as what we were used to.

It's there to a degree, but now significantly more importance is placed on taking cover, positioning self, knowing when to go out and shoot-then taking cover afterwards regardless if the opp is dead or not. Just deal your share of damage, get out, wait for another opportunity to do so again while trying to not get shot yourself.

The typical slugfest while moving around etc. is not really viable anymore. As evidenced by our mock battles, getting impatient will really get you killed. Coordination with team, map and awareness of what's happening is very very important. Recon units are now a must with scan mode, as you absolutely need to know where the opponents are.

Scan mode-always try to stay in this mode when not shooting or when in a safe area....it makes you regen energy faster, and yeah, scanning.
Thanks for the quick reply guys, looks like I'll be practicing this new dodging techs for the time being, I'm so not used to taking cover in ac games, I'm more of a dodge type, but it looks like I'll hafta adopt to stay alive in this game longerChair
This is also a punishment for you.
You will be the defender of justice and wear a mask forever,
you won't be able to live as yourself.
You will sacrifice all your happiness for the world.. Eternally..
(Last words to Zero - Lelouch Vi Britania)
(03-27-2012, 02:47 PM)Doom Trigger Wrote: Thanks for the quick reply guys, looks like I'll be practicing this new dodging techs for the time being, I'm so not used to taking cover in ac games, I'm more of a dodge type, but it looks like I'll hafta adopt to stay alive in this game longerChair

I feel for you man, were pretty much the same. Using Heavy types doesnt feel right at all. A light weight AC is still viable as long as you do pot shots. The only problem I am having with a light weight AC is how to maximize its speed during a team battle. You really cant go head on.
Hi guys. Im being attacked by my curiosity for 3 days now if there are any hidden parts in the game? last night me and my friend played story mission co-op style. We found this scrap component C, dunno what it does, thought it was some kind of hidden weapon, but we couldnt interact with it. Do you guys have any idea what that scrap component was?

Also another question to help me settle with my build, this is regarding the preference of which attack source defense you prefer to raise..

In my set up my KE defense is around 1800-1900, CE plays around 1050- 1100, and my TE is at 1200+. As I see it, the defense distribution is pretty balanced, but it just bothers me to know that a lot of people i fight online always use the battle rifle which we know is a solid CE hitter, so i was thinking to just raise my CE defense more to around 1500 and leave my TE defense to 500+. what would you prefer? KE and CE defense? or the somehow balanced KE CE TE defense?
Ya, collect all the scrap parts to unlock some Overed/Ultimate Weapons. There are some video tutorials online. It's quite tedious.

As for designing, it really depends on what your goal is. Is it a 1v1 AC? Is it a team AC? If so, what role do you intend to fill in a team? Those are the things you need to consider when you build your AC. The game really forces you to specialize in something. You'll always have a weakness. You'll just have to choose which.
Is emblem-making still done manually? <.<
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
You mean using tools like pencil/ line tool? I dont think so. Just noticed it now.

Aside from the unlocked emblems there's hundreds of decals that you can buy from the shop . You can then change their color, size and orientation and use layers.
(03-28-2012, 02:36 PM)NiX Wrote: You'll always have a weakness. You'll just have to choose which.

Hasn't that always been the first constant of the Armored core Series? lol Anyway so how does this game differ from the other Armored core games I have yet to buy it due to lack of money Ermm
Raven name: Rexzo
AC name: Propagation, Melancholy, & Gotterdammerung (Soon: Omni Seraph)
AC type:MW Bipedal or MW Reverse Joint (either way)
Favored weapons: Rifles, Machine Guns, Hand Guns, Micro Missiles, and Laser Blades
Attack Style: Either Aggressive or Backpedaling

Being born with angel wings (Propagation)
Rose after fallen from paradise (Depression) (Melancholy)
Accepted my inner devil for if I fought; I would have ultimately lost (Gotterdammerung)

Having undergone these trials I've have become an Omnious Seraph

"I'm a Mercenary, I'm used to betrayal...
But power is all that matters now...
In the end, Human arrogance will eventually usher in our own downfall... -Genobee"\

Mindlessly killing is something everyone can do; however, only a few think and efficiently complete the task at hand
Dumb question: How do you manually purge weapons? Enlighten me? ;_;