Current time: 04-19-2024, 03:33 AM
ACV Tips and Q&A
PS3 is a region free system, you can buy any game from any region and your PS3 will read it.
[Image: nqnseb.jpg]
My vision is for the good of everyone. Mostly me
(05-21-2012, 02:25 PM)gatchiravs Wrote: Is it possible to play in R1 without doing anything special to my ps3?

The PS3 itself is region-free. The games aren't.

R1 - US
R2 - Japan
R3 - Asia
R4 - EU / Australia

Some games with online multiplayer modes (such as ACV) have locked-in servers for each game region.

TLDR: Yes, you can any game from any region, even online modes, on any kind of PS3.
Hey, I just wanted to ask you guys how to use Battle Rifles effectively? im using the UBR-05 BRs Spec for Rapid Fire, I tried using it onine. While I was spamming my enemy with my Battle Rifles, I see my opponents deflecting them most of the time lol. Im using a low weight AC btw.
Rapid-fire UBR-05s usually max out at a little under 1,500 attack power. They have short range, too. And most ACs have at least 1,000 CE defense.

Deflection happens when your weapon has less attack power than the enemy's defense, and/or if you're shooting from beyond the weapon's effective range.

The more popular Battle Rifles are Strekoza (2500+ attack power) and Lotus (1900+ attack power). But note that the ever popular heavyweight RJs average at around 2,500 CE defense, and therefore cannot be dented by ANY Battle Rifle..
(05-23-2012, 11:41 AM)NiX Wrote: Rapid-fire UBR-05s usually max out at a little under 1,500 attack power. They have short range, too. And most ACs have at least 1,000 CE defense.

Deflection happens when your weapon has less attack power than the enemy's defense, and/or if you're shooting from beyond the weapon's effective range.

The more popular Battle Rifles are Strekoza (2500+ attack power) and Lotus (1900+ attack power). But note that the ever popular heavyweight RJs average at around 2,500 CE defense, and therefore cannot be dented by ANY Battle Rifle..

That sucks! hahaha! Well I guess I need to switch to a Lotus or Strekoza for more attack power, but I really like rapid fire BRs they are cool.
Arms with high stability can make the strekozas slightly more rapid.. Well, rapid enough to pulverize an enemy at least
(05-23-2012, 01:45 PM)R.Leonhardt Wrote: Arms with high stability can make the strekozas slightly more rapid.. Well, rapid enough to pulverize an enemy at least

How about Podenka BRs? I prefer them than Strekozas. Im not sure about this, but as I can remember, a grade 9 Strekoza (specialized in rapid-fire) has an attack power around 1700-1800, a Podenka with the same specialization has around 1600-1700. Strekoza's stats are better over-all, but the faster reload time of Podenka makes up for it. I have 2 grade 9 strekozas (specialized in rapid-fire) and the best reload time that I got was from 60 down to 55, im not sure if the Strekoza's reload time could go lower. The 2 grade 9 Podenkas (specialized in rapid-fire) I have on the other hand has 48 reload time. So what do you guys think? Strekoza or Podenka?
I think it's already obvious that you like the PODENKA. Use it if you like it. But I'm not sure how you're looking at the stats. If this excel sheet I'm looking at is correct, is shows that Strekoza is better in every way, even in reload and growth rates in general.

Check my weapon-grinding FAQ: http://ravenrepublic.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=3039
There's a link there that'll let you know how far a weapon can grow.
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl...ml&act=url

Also note that with sub-2000 CE attack power, you'll only be killing light/midweight bipeds and light RJs with your BRs.

And note that one of the biggest factors for rate of fire is the firing stability on your arms, with the notorious SVIR being the highest.
Thanks for the info ill go with strekozas. Smile
Is it worth-it to get subcomputer for battle rifles?
Yup. Very worth it as BRs tend to take a while to lock on.
oh thanks, ill start equipping it now. I just hate the high energy consumption of subcomputers :|
Ya. Note, too, that dual shoulder slot arms nearly double the effect of subcomputers, along with other shoulder parts.
Notable arms are Severn (KE), /I (TE), and Animas (TE). Downside of these is the low firing stability, which lowers your rate of fire.
Dont you guys think that shotguns are overpowered as much as gatling guns?
Yep, shotguns are broken right now.