Current time: 03-29-2024, 12:50 PM
Mark (mjting/arch_angel) in Japan
since some people requested.
Since some guys here have requested me to do so, here is a thread about my 8-9 month stay here in awesome-superiority land.

Got in a new company, which is a japanese firm. got a position as a purchasing supervisor.

the company sent me over here for technical training with their head office, but before that, i have to undergo general orientation training with Aots, now hida, japan's overseas job training thingee. all of it is sponsored by their government.

here is their website. http://www.aots.or.jp/eng/about/guide/index.html

i'm in the kenshu center right now, which is sort of a big training center, which has a dormitory too-good enough to be sort of considered a hotel room. there are three meals a day, gym facilities, front desk and store, chill out lounge with billiard table, vending machines and all of those, with the 3 meals a day not being a available only on sundays.

if you check the website, there are 4 kenshu centers. im in chubu, which is in toyota city, nagoya, aichi.

this kenshu center is a bit far from the actual japan urban metropolis everyone expects, but its nice here.

then, once i wrap up my 7 weeks here, im off to saitama, in the tokyo urban metropolis area, where i have access to akiba, shinjuku,odaiba(gandamuuu), and shibuya. that is when the real work starts. i have an apartment there too.

the allowance aots gives me is around 800 yen per day, which was given to me here. the meals here are part of the allowance too, but here in the center, they are given in kind(as food) so when i go to tokyo, the meal allowance here will be converted to raw cash, which i will not disclose anymore.

if you guys want to visit, just tell me and ill gladly accommodate you. i recommend going here in the cold season, which starts september.

well, that's it. just post if you have questions etc. thank you.
Wow pare, kelan ka pa nasa Japan?
'Signatures are overrated.'
(05-12-2012, 07:45 AM)Mjting Wrote: so when i go to tokyo, the meal allowance here will be converted to raw cash, which i will not disclose anymore.

Raking in the ¥¥¥! LOL

Seriously though dude, good for you. The food pictures on your Facebook album look particularly good. And it goes without saying, you have the awesome opportunity to do three things:

1. Go around Japan.
2. Save money.
3. Get a Japanese girlfriend.

Number three's the most important one, of course...
PRIORITIES!
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(05-12-2012, 11:50 AM)Grim Wrote:
(05-12-2012, 07:45 AM)Mjting Wrote: so when i go to tokyo, the meal allowance here will be converted to raw cash, which i will not disclose anymore.

Raking in the ¥¥¥! LOL

Seriously though dude, good for you. The food pictures on your Facebook album look particularly good. And it goes without saying, you have the awesome opportunity to do three things:

1. Go around Japan.
2. Save money.
3. Get a Japanese girlfriend.

Number three's the most important one, of course...

thanks boss! yeah saving is my biggest priority here. and while im at it, i guess il have to start to learn to cook as it will help in saving money too.
Dude, he totally stated #3 as top! Keep us posted, I think I can say that we always want to see more of you (kyaa) LOL

inb4 waifu or gtfo LOL
Get a Japanese 3D Waifu! Post pictures!
(05-12-2012, 12:51 PM)Shintetsu Wrote: Dude, he totally stated #3 as top! Keep us posted, I think I can say that we always want to see more of you (kyaa) LOL

uh oh. LOL
goodluck man, so i bet we won't see you online very often then? since you're doin some work work work hehe XD
Haha, when I get to saitama I'll be on every night. XD
Mark, please test:

[vid]WknMhk9J_EE[/vid]
1:45 was epic. LOL

Oh Japan.
Yea!. Glad to hear our Arch_Angel's having lots of fun. XD
[Image: Sig07.png]

"I love chocolate-covered Sophie." A. Nina
Sad to be leaving the kenshu center in a couple of days.

now I totally regret trying to say i prefer kensai center or the yokohama one. this center is definitely the best after having stayed in kansai. great great people too. imma miss this place.

Sad Sad

imma be moving to saitama on tuesday evening. time to get back to armored core 5, online bb, and some other game.

good thing LR has been keeping my fingers busy here. Tongue
sorry for the lack of updates guys, I'm gonna post some pics here when i get to saitama.
So, ugh, in saitama now. really missing the kenshu center now.

good news: godly net. 2mb torrent. good apartment. big and very good looking.

bad news: two filips im joining are apparently the biggest douchebags in the company-and they managed to make the good apartment look like absolute shit. the refrigirator reminded me of the episode in cowboy bebop where it was full of god-knows-what. apartment unkept. the room that was given to me had an unusable cabinet as there are tons of shit in there, so im relegated to using the other patungans in the room for clothes. had to use a big card board box for a pc table.

cant use the tv. douches always using the whole living room area. cant cook as the utensils are always unkept and the rice cooker is always filled with old rice that the dudes dont want removed. atm, i can only stay in my extremely dusty room.

yeah fast internet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cabs in japan AEA1 270 286,566 06-10-2011, 06:45 AM
Last Post: iraya-sama
  Life Size Gundam In Japan Sforza 21 24,615 06-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Last Post: Sforza