Current time: 03-28-2024, 09:36 PM
The Thing we call "Stagger"
Myth busted!
Alright, some of you may know already the factors and stuff about stagger..

We've done some testing using both Shotguns with around 1.4k Impact force and an Oxeye with 1.7k Impact force..

Based on the test we did, the Oxeye will stagger anyone provided that it scores a direct hit. Anything other than a direct hit will only score a damage and no stagger at all. You will still get a notification that it hit but it wont mean a stagger.

Stagger can easily be avoided by changing direction quickly. You will still get damaged but it wont be a direct hit.

Shotguns, on the other hand will most of the time score a direct hit and stagger your target due to multiple projectiles launched.

This can also be true with Sniper rifles.

Its just speculation but it might be how latency/lag can affect the gameplay, it might be that the servers will count it as a hit and wont count it as a direct hit.
how about legs, do they affect the chances of you getting staggered?
I think it only affects how long you get staggered.. Just another speculation, it might be affecting that chance to do a "direct hit"
Whenever I'm looking for resistance against staggering, I usually look at the 'recoil resistance' stat. If the weapon I encounter has less impact force than I have recoil resistance, then I won't get staggered. However, if the weapon's impact force exceeds my recoil resistance, I begin staggering.

The most recoil resistance you can get on an AC (without becoming overweight) is around 1810. Most non-cannon weapons, oxeye included, will usually deal less than 1810 in impact force.
PSN: Man_in_the_Armor, ManintheArmor, Reugenic (brother's profile)
Current AC Game: ACV
Deviantart: ManintheArmor (currently retired)
Furaffinity: Man_in_the_Armor (currently retired)
FurrytoFurry: ManintheArmor
Youtube: ManintheArmor

Note, not available on ACV during the afternoon or weekends. Usually.

Current Team: Traitor Legion 01, The Men in Armor

Father is always watching.
It's pretty annoying how RJs got the highest stability compared to other legs.
What's the highest recoil assistance can we get from a MW Biped without losing too much boost speed? I can only get it a little over 1000, just enough to withstand those high speed KE missiles.
Fuck high speed KE missiles.
omg. i love to stagger the AC's im up against
I swear by the uvf-17

staggers lw a lot. very accurate too

combined it with the oxeye and a pmg.

now I'm torn between e-amps and the uvf-17

I wish they bring back core optional parts in the expansion.
Repost from MV

A note about stagger. There are three types: Pseudo-Stagger, Partial Stagger, Full Stagger.

Pseudo Stagger - Provides only the error message in the top left hand corner ERROR STAGGER. You will get this anytime you are hit.

Partial Stagger - Results in you being unable to move, but still are able to fire your weapon straight forward (you cannot turn). If you are a biped, your AC will crouch forward a little.

Full Stagger - This is true stagger, where you can neither move nor shoot. If you are a biped, you will not only crouch forward, but your arms will flail to the side as well, signalling you cannot shoot.

All three can be observed with a shotgun at various ranges. The conditions for Partial Stagger are not quite as clear, but I will test later.

Something else I found.

Perma Stunlock Stagger - Occurs when you are caught in a mobility jammer which reduces your stability and get caught against a weapon that constantly stuns you. For a biped, your AC will make an erratic movement, constantly swiveling its upper body left and right like its being punched.
Perma Stunlock Stagger - Occurs when you are caught in a mobility jammer which reduces your stability and get caught against a weapon that constantly stuns you. For a biped, your AC will make an erratic movement, constantly swiveling its upper body left and right like its being punched.
[/quote]

that happen to me once when i was playing in JP servers. i was about to win the guy had 5k left anf he got me in a corner with a jammer. they he hit me with oxeyes and i lost Sad
(06-22-2012, 08:38 AM)J.E_Magog Wrote: It's pretty annoying how RJs got the highest stability compared to other legs.
What's the highest recoil assistance can we get from a MW Biped without losing too much boost speed? I can only get it a little over 1000, just enough to withstand those high speed KE missiles.

The weight of your AC determines how much additional recoil resistance you will have. Sometimes the smallest adjustments to your AC, such as your FCS, head, or booster, will give you additional recoil resistance.

The 11/H shotgun (unspecced) will stagger just about anyone below 1200 impact force. It's an ideal weapon for tanks and heavies trying to avoid a pile driver from mobile ACs.

EDIT: Did some testing today. The maximum amount of recoil resistance you can get off a middleweight is 1055.

Note, if you want to properly stagger your opponent, your weapon has to have at least 200 more impact force than what your opponent can take.
PSN: Man_in_the_Armor, ManintheArmor, Reugenic (brother's profile)
Current AC Game: ACV
Deviantart: ManintheArmor (currently retired)
Furaffinity: Man_in_the_Armor (currently retired)
FurrytoFurry: ManintheArmor
Youtube: ManintheArmor

Note, not available on ACV during the afternoon or weekends. Usually.

Current Team: Traitor Legion 01, The Men in Armor

Father is always watching.