Current time: 05-13-2024, 02:34 AM
ACV General Discussion
As what NiX said, just use whatever you like and make sure to get good at it. As for me, I won't be forced upon any parts I don't want to use unless I know I'm capable of it.
As always, I AM THE PLASMA BULLET THAT SHALL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!

Apparently there really are no draws when it comes to 1 on 1s. I fought a Heavy RJ dual-shotgun user, and we each stayed at point blank, with me using my Plasma Gun and the 4 barreled shotgun. I was already prepared to lose, but when my 'Break Down' screen came up, I noticed the other guy also reached 0 AP, then the 'All Enemies Destroyed' screen came up for me. Needless to say it was a pleasant surprise, but it would've been pretty awesome if Draws could happen XD

I've also gone back to my high-speed-handles-like-a-turtle-on-downers Heavy Biped because some people on Free Battles seem to be wising up and using TE weaponry, sometimes the 4 shot 10k Karasawas at full charge, which just rip apart my Mid-weight setup. I've also put Energy Amplifiers on it, but I honestly don't know if they've been doing any better. Seems as if the range got better, but I don't know what the modifiers do. Is that supposed to be percentage, or does it really only add 100+ damage to my Plasma Gun ._.?
(04-10-2012, 08:20 PM)Zefyr Wrote: As always, I AM THE PLASMA BULLET THAT SHALL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!

Apparently there really are no draws when it comes to 1 on 1s. I fought a Heavy RJ dual-shotgun user, and we each stayed at point blank, with me using my Plasma Gun and the 4 barreled shotgun. I was already prepared to lose, but when my 'Break Down' screen came up, I noticed the other guy also reached 0 AP, then the 'All Enemies Destroyed' screen came up for me. Needless to say it was a pleasant surprise, but it would've been pretty awesome if Draws could happen XD

I've also been experimenting with a plasma gun + shotgun combi for my medium biped frame. I can't do a head-on attack like you can due to the thinner armor, but I've noticed it combos nicely with flash rockets.

Can anybody recommend weapons that synchronize well with the range of the Karasawa - the 11k dmg , 4-shot laser rifle? I've been experimenting with is as a ranged backstab weapon.
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
Actually, even with my Medium Biped, I try to stick to them as close as I can like a suicide bomber. Usually the Plasma + Shotgun/BR is enough to win a damage race. If I have to stay at a range I'll need to use my BRs, but if they're strong to CE I'll have to find a way to get in close with the Shotgun and the Plasma. What I do to my Biped is get around 1.5k defense for KE and CE so it has relative survivability to most weapon choices, but there's a growing community to people who use TE weapons which all Midweights are susceptible to, so I flit back an forth from my Heavyweight and my Midweight. I actually have the exact same weapon setup for both my Heavyweight and my Midweight, so I generally don't have to switch tactics much. And yeah, dem flash rockets. Really useful, though I don't use them myself XD

Well, since you're probably going to be at a range while using the Karasawa, try BRs or Sniper Rifles, and have mid-to-close weapons on hand. One guy I fought before just used two of them in tandem, charging both before firing. It can punch a hole even into high TE-defense ACs. He had dual 1k Gats as backup, so I'm thinking you can either stay at a range with BRs/Sniper Rifles or go close with shotguns or Gats to switch up tactics and confuse your enemy. It's a theory, but hey XD
I for one am still fidgeting with everything.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Stronghold finally happened.
Too bad I'm the only active member left in the team(20 members) and the only available merc was hired by the invading team.
^Import na. LOL

I think the only thing sadder than the R2 version is the R3 version. Really glad we didn't get that one.
Import ka na JE wala kang mapupulot jan! LOL LOL LOL
Mas may value pa nga yung japanese demo LOL I'll have an r1 copy in a couple of weeks.

(04-12-2012, 04:25 PM)NiX Wrote: I think the only thing sadder than the R2 version is the R3 version. Really glad we didn't get that one.
Well my disc is region 4 and I've played merc with several EU players so I don't get why they've separated us from the US players.
^I meant R4. Tongue R2 is JPN ata.
I was just wondering, which voice do you guys use for you onboard AI in AC V?

I like Voice 1 personally.
^^Voice 1 is awesome. But I got tired of hearing her over and over again so I'm currently using type 2

My brother lost my headset.. I wanted to try being an operator for the trophy thing but apparently, an operator who can't communicate is useless.
It's funny how he brought it up:

Bro:"Bro, that (official)PS3 wireless headset you lend me was awesome!"
Me:"Ok,cool"
Bro:"Too bad though..."
Me:"Why?"
Bro:"Coz I lost the dongle thing"
Me:"...Fuc-"
(04-15-2012, 01:41 PM)[REDACTED] Wrote: I was just wondering, which voice do you guys use for you onboard AI in AC V?

I like Voice 1 personally.

Voice 3 here. Voice 1 is too British for me.
[Image: 213920.gif?v=1]
"It's snowing women." -Tsukika.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
Too british?...
pls continue your conversation on the "ACV general discussion thread"

http://ravenrepublic.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=2966

this thread is for calling out players and scheduling of game meet ups

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LRp Discussion J.E_Magog 76 101,036 04-05-2016, 10:52 PM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  LR: OB Core Discussion NiX 26 30,059 04-28-2011, 11:55 PM
Last Post: adiyel
  SLp Discussion J.E_Magog 46 68,627 02-12-2010, 10:33 AM
Last Post: DaiZengar666