Current time: 05-11-2024, 02:24 PM
ACV General Discussion
WUT they nerfed pulse guns? And I started to like using them Sad
I'm curious though, are we going to see these "regulations" immediately when ACV hits the US or will it take a while?

Anyway, I'm not sure this is important news, but ACV is approved for manufacturing and stuff. Some press release details too.
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressrelea...TURING.php

Other than that, nothing really new. Doesn't look like we're getting a US demo, which makes me sad Sad

And a bonus: trailer by Mechaverse (non-dubstep as I'm sure all of you are glad to far Smile )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9-qgz0PSzs&hd=1
It's about 90% complete, but I hope you guys like it. We're planning an extended trailer in the near future.
I checked some discussions, all I saw was the shotgun nerf. reload time iirc.
AFAIK regulations might be released immediately after launch. I remember Dark Souls' (another Fromsoft/Bamco game) US release immediately getting patched to 1.03 (via online update). That was about a week or 2 after the JPN release.

Japan got ver 1.05 two weeks ahead of the US release f the patch though. Part of it was due to extensive bug testing and fixes introduced from 1.04.

TBH SGs are a little too good, especially considering that each buckshot does like x2 the normal damage of a rifle.
EDIT: My bad, each buckshot is equivalent to that of a rifle bullet at max KE damage potential.
I can understand the regular SG, that thing was pretty killer from the vids I saw of the JP online. I tried using dual shotties in the demo and they do serious damage to a MW despite it having high KE defense.

But the pulse ones? They have pretty short range to begin with and do splash damage if you fire them too close. They didn't come across to me as particularly dominant or OP.
I was thinking of using Shotguns when it came out, but then again I think I'm a lot more comfortable with mid-range.

Maaaaybe the Pulse guns.... were... dealing too much..... splash... damage...? ._.
I can only guess since I don't have the hard facts, nor do I have the actual link that has the version change log of the game. In any case, the splash damage caused by pulse weapons is pretty useful especially against speedy opponents. In spite of it all, rifles and battle rifles appear the way to go for a relatively safe fight 1-on-1 as you can pick off targets at a distance while worrying less about retaliation. In particular, the more accurate battle rifles seem to be favored since they don't lose damage over distance as compared to comparable KE weapons.

In addition, and I'm only speculating this based on the trend of the demo, lighter ACs tend to be KE defense biased while having low CE and KE defense (At least the core and legs, which determine what primary defense attributes your AC has), thus making both pulse weapons and Battle Rifles ideal armaments for fighting against light ACs.

SGs on the other hand deal a lot of KE damage at close range, their light weight and DPS potential make them ideal for close encounters. With the absence of a radar system and losing a lock-on behind cover, SGs suddenly become well suited for back stab operations aside from their traditional role of being CQ weapons. This can be utilized by lighter ACs that sneak up behind enemy lines and deliver punishment on slower unsuspecting opponents, namely heavies and heavier quads, which is very much possible now due to the changes in the game mechanics I mentioned earlier. I don't know if there are KE defense focused heavy units in the full game (w/o compromising CE and TE defense for that mater), which might blow away my whole theory on how to use SGs in the game.

The dynamics change when facing multiple combatants though, and other factors like weapon and AC loadout compatibility with your allies, player skill, and terrain factors come into play.
when is the game coming out anyways?
Tomorrow (Or Wednesday if following US release) Ninja
Somebody update us as soon as you see the games in stores. So far, none in Datablitz GB1, Market Market, and ATC.
None in Rockwell as well, I just checked earlier.
Consensus then, people? If the majority of the Republic will get R3, then that's what i'll be getting as well.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
OK I GOT A TEXT FROM DATABLITZ. MERON NA DAW R3. =/ If someone can confirm that multiplayer isn't region-locked, I'm getting it.
OK RR, unless someone can confirm that multiplayer isn't region-locked, we'll have to decide: Region 1 or Region 3? I don't care either way as long as we're all on the same server. LOL
JE, reply. LOL Pero whatever the case, sana na lang talaga, hindi region-locked multiplayer.
Should we do a poll for this? Tongue
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
The fate of the universe hangs in the balance.
This is a crisis the likes of which the Republic has never faced before.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LRp Discussion J.E_Magog 76 101,015 04-05-2016, 10:52 PM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  LR: OB Core Discussion NiX 26 30,044 04-28-2011, 11:55 PM
Last Post: adiyel
  SLp Discussion J.E_Magog 46 68,614 02-12-2010, 10:33 AM
Last Post: DaiZengar666
  AC3p Discussion Black Dragon 115 155,112 11-18-2009, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Fox
  FA Discussion J.E_Magog 307 344,758 08-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Last Post: R.Leonhardt