Current time: 04-18-2024, 08:34 PM
ACV General Discussion
(01-25-2012, 09:22 PM)Niji Wrote: I just updated the howitzer vid with a new recording of it. I've been working on my video settings all night to try and make them look good for the stream, but it turns out that my Internet connection is just plain terrible for streaming anyway, so I'll be trying to get new Internet over the next few days. Hopefully I can take this 500Kbps upload speed and get it to 2Mbps. Then I could stream quality stuff. With my settings as they are right now the actual stream lags terribly, but it makes for better recordings.

Check out the video and tell me if the quality is alright!

Much better quality, thanks for the uploads.
"I firmly believe there are three tenets that determine victory in warfare; and they are firepower, firepower, and more firepower."
(01-25-2012, 05:49 PM)Niji Wrote: Well, due to the extremely high attack power of a howitzer cannon it's very difficult to reduce any of its damage at all. It also shoots three shots at once. So if you were to aim it at a large boss you'd probably hit all three shots from a single cannon for 25,000 - 27,000 AP damage immediately. Then the three shots also have 3,000 explosive power each, so assuming your boss has high defenses he might only take about 1,500 damage from each explosion. This would total to about 4,500 minimum damage with a maximum of 9,000 explosive damage if he happens to be weak against CE damage. So a single howitzer cannon can do roughly 29,500 to about 36,000 AP damage in a single volley to enemy ACs and bosses if the entire volley hits.

It all sounds impressive on paper, but I'm more worried about how workable the howitzers will be in a firefight.\

Predicting the shot's trajectory looks challenging enough when you're aiming at a stationary target, what more something that's zipping around?

Not that I'm dissing the howitzers. I'm just saying that you'd need some pretty skilled team mates to pin the enemy down properly so the howie can properly give them a taste of god's wrath.

On a side note, I think I found the in-game autocannon's real-life counterpart. They even sound the same, and have the same ridiculously fast rate of fire. The Oerlikon in the vid is actually a "revolver cannon," which works on a similar principle as a gatling gun.

The difference is that it's the firing chamber, and not the barrel, that spins up, much like a revolver/six-shooter.

[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
Just got to play the demo a few days ago. I'm... still lost and don't understand a thing. Haha.
Does the demo give a good feel of the upcoming game?

And, sup RR? I gotta get back on-board.
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
(01-26-2012, 10:07 PM)maitreya Wrote: Does the demo give a good feel of the upcoming game?

the beta schedule and the release data (jp) are very close enough that the demo easily represents whats coming up.
(01-26-2012, 10:07 PM)maitreya Wrote: Just got to play the demo a few days ago. I'm... still lost and don't understand a thing. Haha.
Does the demo give a good feel of the upcoming game?

And, sup RR? I gotta get back on-board.

He lives!!!

These should help you. Done by various people around the English AC Community:
ACV Setup Guide
Part List Translation
Operator Guide (Multiplayer)

Oh, and yeah, in general it gave a good impression of how the game will work. It's the new focus of teamplay aspect and tactical gameplay of ACV that makes it attracting, which got me hyped at the game somehow. There were some things that they didn't show though, such as being able to fully customize stuff and set up your own defenses if your team captured a territory. Basically, it's like piloting next-gen Wanzers.

It may feel like Kojima Core due to the QB still present, but it's not as stupidly spammable and fast like in ACFA anymore, unless you're a LW that can die in a handful of hits. Not to mention it doesn't seem that 'logical' to spam them anymore, unless you're panicking. LOL

Also, I think I've been even playing it by reacting than being proactive at all, which makes it more dynamic. The way I played ACV in the multiplayer demo, I focused more on taking cover, releasing recon probes to know where your enemies are, and thinking of routes to intercept/ambush them.

My two cents, think of it this way; ACFA was leaning on being proactive by actively pressing that QB button at frequent times where you think an opponent may or may not shoot you.

Then there's LR that requires more thought in action and being reactive by focusing on how you're going to counter this certain move, rather than just QBing front, back, left, and right.

ACV also tends to get a little proactive imo, but so are the last-gen console games (boost-hop, people). Currently there's just too many surprises to make it lean more on being labelled as such. Not to mention the whole balancing transformed from high-low parts tier, to a sort of rock-paper-scissors thing, so it's like, responding to a certain situation rather than create one.
Multiplayer vid guys... IN ENGLISH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...oUJluzvqDg
And a bonus: music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iAAMw9REw8&hd=1
(01-27-2012, 07:19 AM)farmboy28 Wrote: And a bonus: music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iAAMw9REw8&hd=1
Second.Best.Soundtrack.Evar.Period.

AC emblem making is back as usual, but not the one that allows us to make shapes from scratch, because it's using ACFA's friendlier emblem-making system. Oh, and look at the garages too (1st and 2nd video). They seem to be dependent on where you're stationed at.

Anyway, dude makes another reference to figure-designing (iirc he's also the guy who made the FA emblems as well; not sure). Compared to ACFA, it looks like they have more basic shapes to offer this time, even as so far as being able to make JP characters and Kanji in his emblem on the second video. Considering what happened to Disgaea 4's NA censorship for being able to make phallic symbols on custom maps in the JP version, I might reconsider from getting a US version. LOL

Part1 (no need to register)
Part2 (no need to register)

http://www.nicovideo.jp.am/watch/sm16829660
君の肛門を整える。

vague presentation is vague
(01-30-2012, 02:24 PM)atdsutm Wrote:

vague presentation is vague

that could have been presented better, I agree.

++EDIT++
Can someone explain how exactly the sentry weapons work? is it like putting a turret down in a game like team fortress 2 or what? how many can you control at once or are they autonomous?
"I firmly believe there are three tenets that determine victory in warfare; and they are firepower, firepower, and more firepower."
You bring a gun that has sentries in it. You push the fire button and you poop one out onto the ground. From there it starts shooting people that get too close. They never go away until they've been blown up and never run out of ammo. Very useful. Your FCS determines how many you can have out at once. If you lay more than you can handle the oldest one dissappears.
Fuck terran.
Sex
A painful activity in which a man, using the stiffest and pointiest part of his pelvic region, repeatedly stabs
a female in her crotch until he feels satisfied.

[Image: Niji87.png]
(01-31-2012, 06:02 PM)Niji Wrote: You bring a gun that has sentries in it. You push the fire button and you poop one out onto the ground. From there it starts shooting people that get too close. They never go away until they've been blown up and never run out of ammo. Very useful. Your FCS determines how many you can have out at once. If you lay more than you can handle the oldest one dissappears.

Just wondering. are there different varants of sentry guns? Like, not just being missile launchers all the time? LOL

@ Thread:

ACV has one current issue afaik, look at this article (google translate should suffice). Basically more territories = more loading times LOL.

---

And since I never cared about mission spoilers about AC that much (this isn't Dark Souls), I've watched every mission available in Nicovideo and linked some of my favorite ones here:

http://www.nicovideo.jp.am/watch/sm16808797 (Mission 02)

I like how the city doesn't look like a place spammed with the same buildings, but it would've been much better if there were additional elements, such as moving cars and more civilian involvement. It still looks lively and somewhat realistic though.

http://www.nicovideo.jp.am/watch/sm16839989 (Mission 08)

Mission 08 also gives away the nostalgia flavor from the PSX series.

---

There's also another boss fight near the end of the story afaik (order missions are another story). Teh boss looks like a combination of various AC bosses (U9B, Stinger with Phantasma, Rayleonard Aretha, that sea-based AF in ACFA, etc). Didn't embed the VIDEO due to spoiler reasons, even though there's a spoiler tag.

Basically it just looks like you're fighting a Michael Bay Cybertronian.

Edit: Fixed. I dunno what I'm smoking, but some parts were just completely off from what I was supposed to say.
Yes. I recently had someone drop a battle rifle version of a sentry gun.
Fuck terran.
Sex
A painful activity in which a man, using the stiffest and pointiest part of his pelvic region, repeatedly stabs
a female in her crotch until he feels satisfied.

[Image: Niji87.png]
Yo Niji, what happened to ACU?
Niji's going to switch hosts!

I want to read Penguin Deus's AC fic in his sig so bad. Sad

@ Sentry Guns; oh wow. I was sort of expecting From Software to do everything with missiles.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LRp Discussion J.E_Magog 76 100,257 04-05-2016, 10:52 PM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  LR: OB Core Discussion NiX 26 29,819 04-28-2011, 11:55 PM
Last Post: adiyel
  SLp Discussion J.E_Magog 46 68,150 02-12-2010, 10:33 AM
Last Post: DaiZengar666
  AC3p Discussion Black Dragon 115 154,011 11-18-2009, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Fox
  FA Discussion J.E_Magog 307 342,268 08-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Last Post: R.Leonhardt