Current time: 03-28-2024, 06:58 PM
ACV General Discussion
(01-23-2012, 03:18 PM)Niji Wrote: I recently updated my ACV Setup Guide topic and added me doing a playthrough of the ACV demo mission where I get all the subquests done but two. A third one is greyed out, but that's the Speed Kill B subquest, which is buggy. It randomly doesn't count itself at times. All you have to do is blow up the AC in the middle of mission quickly and you should get it, though the cutscene that starts immediately afterwards where he runs away bugs it out a good portion of the time.

JP ACV Demo - Story Mission Playthrough

EDIT: I forgot to mention I also did an AC Showcase of my ACs in the demo as well as a LW Bipedal Gameplay Showcase on Justin.TV. Mind you it was streamed, so the quality is lower than normal. It should still help showcase just how LWs move and play, though. Also take note that this LW is at its absolute max in weight and I even had to give up on equipping recon units (which are how you scan stuff through buildings/radar) so I lost track of my target a few times more than I normally would. Weight caps in ACV are serious business and you can't carry much on bipedals, especially LWs.

Here's the link to the video if any of you want to watch it.

ACV Demo - Niji's AC Showcase + LW Biped Play

Thanks for putting your translation guides up when we needed them the most lol, and how did it go for you btw? (ah wth you played the beta anyway)

I was busy playing with the people from ACO. It was a blast though. Not to mention for a demo, it can get pretty immersive, given that you can just get your base handed at any moment if your team has one.

One of my experiences so far on the multiplayer demo:

Goat Wrote:Two days ago, I logged the fuck in around 3-5am JST. From what it seems, a lifebar of our territory had been cut down by 90% when I checked it. I was the only member online, and didn't know how to recruit mercenaries. So I went off to get more details by myself, and then I suddenly became a lone operator with my AC on standby.

It felt really tense as how I just sat there on standby-operator mode at the Buried Facility, waiting to repel against invaders. Alone.

After about 5 seconds, alarms were set out, and there I went on to focus on the game instead. A single invader showed up; a HW biped AC appeared on the my (operator) radar, which was trying to do a quick sweep desperately so I deployed my AC. I crushed the guy because I had all damage attributes and he wasn't aiming for me, just rushing towards other commodities to keep pummeling the base to the ground... and filling up that damn paycheck.

I felt relieved that I was able to repel it, but then after about a few seconds of going back to standby mode at the same place, two more ACs have appaeared. I knew I'd be fucked this time, but I had no choice anyway and wanted to see if I can pull it off and became a little cocky. One was another HW biped with two Sentry Gun-deploying weapons on hand, and a RJ sniper that looked like Sight Hawk. Only now did they remind me of the LR duo.

The time limit is 10 mins, and they were destroying a bunch of other stuff again. I already knew what they were up to; the fat guy will destroy stuff while the RJ will keep me from his fat lover. I was almost able to destroy this fat guy (10% AP left) while dodging the other fucker's stream of sniper rifles and battle rifles + missiles, but of course I got hit a few times; the fat one also had those sentry guns. Not to mention I just couldn't seem to hit that RJ whenever it boosted upwards, causing some of my shells to miss while being sure that I hit him. Must be either my or his connection.

I kept hiding and using guerilla tactics against the duo and putting some recon drones just to make sure no one's stalking me, but I still had the feeling that the RJ had an idea on my current position, which was indeed true anyway. Had to take advantage of the buildings to take cover until I saw from what seemed to be a bulky AC QBing on land, I then charged, then set off another barrage of my own.

I couldn't reach the fat guy anymore when he glided away from me, with the RJ blocking my path before I could do so. I was also running out of ammo except for the laser rifle, but I couldn't charge and shoot it without getting interrupted, because I was getting an unending barrage of missiles from sentries and random, quick projectiles from that RJ, forcing me to stick to scan mode and waste his ammo. I finally got tired and just got the fuck out and charged teh lazzor, which then resulted me on having about 800 AP remaining. I then tried to shoot back whilst backpedalling from that RJ, thinking that my lazzor could hit him from long range, which was a bad idea to begin with. He has a sniper rifle LOL.

I finally assploded, but I saw the RJ's AC burning for some reason while boosting. Did I almost get him too? I checked the replay and found out that I wasn't even able to reduce its AP down to 50%. I wanted a more detailed replay, but only the operator's view was available. I wanted to save it too, but there wasn't an option to iirc.

The fight lasted for 5.5 minutes and I finally went full yaranaika because it all happened too intense and fast for me.

[Image: FFFFF.png]

The next thing I knew, the base is gone... and then the cavalry arrives! Too late though. I had to explain what happened, like a man caught cheating on his wife. Hahah. Good times, I guess.

^ TL;DR I got attacked and there's lag, and more importantly, tactics! Big grin

For a demo it sure had a lot of content, too bad I wasn't able to play the 'boss' missions. LOL
Wow, great read. I have been having fun with it too! Feels REALLY slow and tactical.
Has anyone established RR territory yet?
I believe Cabs made one already. Dunno if the current teams will be carried over once the full version arrives.

Any word on NA, JPN/Asia, EU connectivity for the game?
There won't be any carried over data from what I know. Everybody's hoping on the other hand though.

Oh, and no region lock too, based from what I've read in one of ACO's thread. Never saw any source though, but here's the thread in question (might have to register first though).

http://andriasang.com/comznv/acv_demo/
Quote:It does not have data that can be carried over to the final version.

Not sure if the info is legit. ^
I've been playing mostly as a merc last weekend. This is my first wtf / putang ina moment right after I got into multiplayer. I wish it's March already Sad

^ Yeah, same thing happened to me except I was the one who dropkicked an ally. >___<
Dumb question, but what's the difference between the rifles and battle rifles?
Rifles are high DPS KE weapons, as well as being lighter. Battle Rifles are high damage (not DPS) CE weapons. A BR will kill a standard MW real fast, whereas a rifle will take much longer. MWs have high KE and low CE defense is why. They're like slower, higher damage rifles that do CE instead basically.
Fuck terran.
Sex
A painful activity in which a man, using the stiffest and pointiest part of his pelvic region, repeatedly stabs
a female in her crotch until he feels satisfied.

[Image: Niji87.png]
Thanks Niji. As I haven't played it as long as you have, what do you think of the other weapons? like the gatling guns, shotguns, blades, pilebunkers, and energy machineguns? Thanks!
They're all pretty good besides the really low attack power guns like the gatling gun and the energy machineguns. The reason being that defense is relative to attack power now instead of seperate from it. So instead of X defense giving Y amount of damage reduction from all weapons of that type, it's now X defense gives Y damage reduction vs Z attack power. Low attack power weapons get screwed, basically. Except vs people with very low defenses. Gatling guns and energy machineguns are really buff vs people with low defenses in the KE and TE categories as they have literally insane refire rates. They both fire 8 shots a second with max stability arms. Yes, higher stability means higher firing rate (up to the maximum the gun can shoot).

If someone has say 200 KE defense vs the gatling guns 400 KE attack power, you'll do about 400 AP damage a bullet (defense system changed from beta). If someone has say 800 KE defense vs the gatling guns 400 KE attack power, you'll do about 100 AP damage a bullet. At 1,500 KE defense the gatling gun does its minimum damage of 75 AP damage a bullet (defense system changed from beta here too). That's basically how it goes, too. At around 75% of attack power in defense the opponent gets no damage reduction. At about 200% of attack power in defense the opponent reduces 75% of your damage, and at 300% of your attack power in defense your opponent takes the bare minimum damage (19%).

As you can probably see, this means that some guns just aren't too amazing vs the wrong opponents. The weaker the guns base attack power, the more likely it is to get demolished by defenses. While some of these guns may have high reload rates, the lack of raw attack power means their DPS isn't going to be too amazing at all vs someone with about 1000-1500 defense in the given field.

Even more importantly, these guns have an optimal and falloff rating. Once you exit optimal your damage starts to shit out. The amazing thing, and probably one of the more redeeming things, about gatling guns and energy machineguns is that they have a surprisingly large optimal and falloff. The gatling gun has 150m optimal range with a 60m falloff (decay rate). Compare that to the shotgun, which has 18m optimal with a 4m falloff. Idk what they make these gatling guns out of, but it's some high tech stuff. The sniper only has 250m optimal with a 6m falloff. Anyway, the gatling gun and energy machinegun and other weapons are all usable. You just have to be sure you target the right people with them or you'll die.

As for blades and pile bunkers... the heat pile in the game is just a bit too difficult for even me to use vs anyone other than unsuspecting quads (not uncommon). It is basically a 1hko since it has 35,000 CE attack power. I don't think anything is getting defense high enough to stop that from scoring full damage, and there isn't much stuff in the game that can handle eating 35,000 AP damage and walk away just fine. The problem is it's very hard to use and a laser blade or your knee is generally easier, especiallly since it can also be used more easily vs tanks.
Fuck terran.
Sex
A painful activity in which a man, using the stiffest and pointiest part of his pelvic region, repeatedly stabs
a female in her crotch until he feels satisfied.

[Image: Niji87.png]
I also have been trying shotguns and blades as close range last ditch weapons. So far the shotgun seems strong. As for the laser blade, I'll play with it later I guess. Thanks a bunch Niji!
Quote: Idk what they make these gatling guns out of, but it's some high tech stuff.

I think they're just trying to replicate their real-life counterparts.

Shotguns firing normal 10 to 12-gauge shells shells have a very short range because of the blast power is dissipated over each buckshot.

Rotary cannons, on the other hand, are built from the ground up to punish targets at long range. A GAU-8 cannon, for example, has an effective range of 1.2km; each AP slug from the gun can penetrate 38 mm of armor plating at 1,000 meters.
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
Thanks so much, Niji. You've been doing a great service to everyone.
Quote:Rifles are high DPS KE weapons, as well as being lighter. Battle Rifles are high damage (not DPS) CE weapons. A BR will kill a standard MW real fast, whereas a rifle will take much longer. MWs have high KE and low CE defense is why. They're like slower, higher damage rifles that do CE instead basically.

Which actually makes sense in context of IRL weapons.

Assault rifles seem to fire a lower calibre bullet than the BR's; real-life guns generally have less options for specialized ammo the smaller their calibre gets. For example, a typical assault rifle is usually limited to standard jacketed, armor-piercing, or tracer ammunition. Bigger guns such as .50 or 20-mm AT rifles can use these, along with more exotic bullets such as APHE, AP, HE, or even flechettes.

They even got the terminologies right:

Assault Rifles = Fully automatic fire, built for close-to-mid-range combat (Ex. M4A1)
Battle Rifle = Heavy bullets, semi-automatic fire, mid to long-range combat (Ex. Mark 14 Mod 0 EBR)

Sorry about the comments if they're OT - just geeking out over how much research From Software seems to have put into the gun physics Smile
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LRp Discussion J.E_Magog 76 99,967 04-05-2016, 10:52 PM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  LR: OB Core Discussion NiX 26 29,704 04-28-2011, 11:55 PM
Last Post: adiyel
  SLp Discussion J.E_Magog 46 67,909 02-12-2010, 10:33 AM
Last Post: DaiZengar666
  AC3p Discussion Black Dragon 115 153,503 11-18-2009, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Fox
  FA Discussion J.E_Magog 307 341,176 08-25-2009, 11:53 AM