Current time: 03-29-2024, 05:53 PM
ACV: Connection Problems
^ I've been in that space for a week now T__T internet in my area is getting crappier and crappier everyday. The best speed is during lunch(300 kbps) but still nowhere near the speed I had during ACfA days(1.4mbps).

What do you guys recommend? My routers currently on DMZ too but still crappy. I'm currently on PLDT's DSL 999(1mbps). Should I upgrade to 2mbps?? My father said it's useless though.. Or I could buy a new router( my current router is 8 years old, it might have deteriorated or sumthing, idannow -___-)

Am really frustrated that I can't participate much on conquest missions...
^Latency isn't really related to the bandwidth of your internet plan. Not really sure what you can do aside from trying another provider.

Edit: And the abyss thing doesn't seem to be related to your internet connection. It's really more of a server issue.
True latency isnt related to bandwidth. Im planning to switch providers soon and based what I found out. It really boils down to what provider is best in your area, in my case.

Currently, Im using Bayantel, everything is great if youre probably direct downloading and watching youtube. Its awesome and all. Problem with Bayantel is latency with anything outside Philippines. Its not great for Playing online games.

Skycable is pretty much the same as Bayantel, good for torrents,Direct DL and stuff but bad for games.

As for globe, based on what I know is that its great for international games since they have good connection and from my point of view, they intend to improve their infrastructures. I dont find much hate messages on their FB page as well so I guess that counts for something. The only complaint I seem to notice with globe is their capping. Basically, you have a limited amount of bandwidth you can use for a day. The amount of bandwidth depends on what plan you choose. If you used all that Bandwidth up, then everything goes to a crawl. Im planning to switch to globe eventually.
I think there are certain IP addresses that PLDT doesn't allow at first (it'll give an error message) probably because it's not cached as not enough users in the network request it, and their sockets are full or they're performing some sort of load balancing. Does it apply to the entire DSL network or only specific areas? That I don't know.

That's probably what's causing us to be sent to the abyss.
Ok, so I cant seem to join the lobby since Clonezero is playing.. LOL

So, I think it either has something to do with NAT type or something do with ISP's since you know how Bayantel and PLDT works..
Ever since the server update, i still get sent to the Abyss every now and then but i no longer get that "Failed to join Team Session" error message.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
I plan to upgarde to PLDT 2mbps and hope it fixes the problem.. Or will it?? -___-
Unless you're upgrading to a fiber-optic plan, I don't think the increased bandwidth will do you much good. Theoretically, even a 384kbps connection should be good enough to play.
Then, switch providers? My friends told me PLDT is the best choice for gaming though..
You're still in Davao, right? Provider reliability really depends on your area.
Yep. Really have no idea which one to pick, though more or less 80% of the populace uses PLDT and SMART bro here. Either case, it's about time we upgrade, internet is shared by 5 computers, speed is worsen when my bros torrent -__-
^Oh, well if you're sharing with lots of people, then you definitely need to upgrade. Likely, that affects your latency as well.
Guys, I've found the culprit of the abyss server issues. You just need to play ACPP and beat Phantasma every time you can't connect.

Joking aside, I'm using PLDT with their updated wiring already (iirc 'tis already using fiber-optics), so even with a not-so-high bandwidth, it should still take care of the job, assuming you're not downloading anything of course.
I bought a new router, it sort of fixed the connection problem

[Image: 60586005.png]

With the other router, it was D... How much is fiber optic plan anyway?
Just added note about the "Abyss"

-It seems when someone gets thrown to the abyss, there is a good chance someone else will get thrown to the abyss. So If ever someone is on the abyss server and someone else gets thrown in with you, its best that both of you logout and if you guys just go alternating logouts, you both will get stuck.

-You can still do free battles with your team-mates who are on the main lobby

Sidenote: Really cant join the main lobby when Clonezero is around.. LOL! (Same with Goat XD)