Current time: 03-28-2024, 05:39 PM
Game Center CX
Kacho! On!
Also known as Retro Game Master in the US.

Basically, a Japanese game show staring Game Center CX's section chief as he attempts to finish a particular game within a given time period. Share his pain and triumph, his joy and sadness, his suffering and victory.

Watch him as he attempts to finish Mega Man in one sitting for example:

As of the moment the show has 136 episodes, 136 games played by Chief Arino, his latest challenge was finishing Gradius in one sitting.

This show is making me think of silly ideas like Game Center PH, or Mecha Game Master for example. :p
LOL we can do this too. LOL
Very much, Fox and I were even talking about it too. We can pool our games and have one guy finish the game and others assisting him in doing so LOL. Even RPGs count, Game Center CX finished Ocarina of Time in 3 days in one episode for example.

We had that idea where we'll have a "One Token Game Challenge" where we try to finish an arcade game with just 1 credit (Time Crisis 4, Razing Storm, Virtual On, Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram, at least those on my end) though. It's similar to the show's segment where he visits various game centers in Japan except there's a challenge involved :p.
Implement punishments and rewards!
Yeah, akin to Batsu Game's crazy punishments!
im already thinking about games such as

Godhand
Gradius
Contra
MARIO BROS
After burner
Battle Toads and Ninja Turtles on NES. Good fucking luck.
Quote:Battle Toads and Ninja Turtles on NES. Good fucking luck.

Lol I'm feeling nostalgic. Can't remember if I've played the first one though.
(03-20-2012, 12:30 PM)NiX Wrote: Battle Toads and Ninja Turtles on NES. Good fucking luck.

Oh, they did finish Battletoads (eps 132-133). Ninja Turtles, they haven't attempted yet tho. :p
sounds awesome. i dont have any of my old nes cartridges tho, but im willing to help ^^
If we're gonna do this, i'd prefer having the challenges on the older 8-bit to 16-bit consoles. Nothing screams "HARD AS FUCK" than the first to third generations.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(03-20-2012, 01:18 PM)Goat Wrote:
Quote:Battle Toads and Ninja Turtles on NES. Good fucking luck.

Lol I'm feeling nostalgic. Can't remember if I've played the first one though.

The first one is the fucking hard side scroller with an overworld. LOL