Current time: 03-28-2024, 04:15 PM
LR: Blade Waves
Research
After a while of testing normal laser blades, wave-only blades, and SYURA, I have come to the following conclusions:

1. O07-PRIMER affects both the blade wave and the blade strike itself.

2. O04-GOLGI do NOT affect blade waves, even those coming from wave-only blades and SYURA.

3. Blade aptitude DO affect the damage of the blade wave; although the difference between say, a blade aptitude of 67 (CR-A75A) and 110 (A08-DRILL2) is negligible, the blade aptitude of 133 (YA10-LORIS) do more than 110.

This is what I used to test the attack power of each blade wave, launched head-on:
Attacker: Heavy biped, A08-DRILL2, blade aptitude 110 or SYURA, blade aptitude ?, equipped with PRIMER.
Defender: Heavy quadruple, EN Def 2170, AP 8495.

Stats:
CR-WL69LB
Average damage: 87
Attack power (est): 366

WL01LB-ELF (Not tested because of difficulty of connecting all three or a single wave)

CR-WL79LB2
Average damage: 121
Attack power (est): 508

CR-WL88LB3
Average damage: 168
Attack power (est): 706

YWL03LB-TAROS
Average damage: 137
Attack power (est): 576

WL14LB-ELF2
Average damage: 81
Attack power (est): 340

WL-MOONLIGHT
Average damage: 205
Attack power (est): 861

FUHJIN
Average damage: 296
Attack power: 1246

RAIJIN
Average damage: 396
Attack power: 1664

CR-WL06LB4
Average damage: 99
Attack power (est): 416

YWL16LB-ELF3
Average damage: 433
Attack power (est): 1819

SYURA (Blade aptitude ~?)
Average damage: 167
Attack power: 700
Edit 1: Added part about SYURA and optional part.

Edit 2: Added estimated attack power of each blade.
Nice find. Seems Elf3 stats are perma-ban worthy LOL
Great info here. Thanks for testing. Will be helpful for that KOB tourney. Smile

IIRC from Silent Line, the AC's blade swing (horizontal or diagonal), which also affects the damage, is also affected by the weight category of its core and arms.
And that is why I would like to swap the giant wave explosion of LB3 with the ELF3 (and nothing screams broken like the firepower of a large rocket that is infinitely spammable and could be pocketed)! Yep, I am well aware of the difference in blade damage by different frame parts, hence the usage of a single AC in the test. LOL

Just as speculation though, the SYURA arms should have a blade aptitude of 100, if that number is a percentage of the damage done by the blade coupled with the arm (where is that old thread anyway?).