Current time: 03-29-2024, 06:08 PM
K.O.B. tournament (king of blades)
(03-02-2012, 10:32 PM)Moonlight_Raven Wrote: NO inside parts should be allowed

Unlike other weapons, inside weapons don't get purged. Once they run out of ammo, they become dead weight. Being allowed to have ECM pods is enough as they don't do any direct damage.

Quote:Laser Blade SHOULD be the only weapon here Jason

Parry blades are a bit difficult to use. Nakita na ako ng Rasetsu na naubos pero hindi tumama and a Nioh that hit at halos umubos.

Parry blades are optional.

Quote:(i wish head parts w/ radar function and back unit radar WILL be banned)

Fights will end up taking too much time dahil sa hanapan. I see your point though. Back radars are also optional.

For me, the main issue are the boosters. So I agree with banning V2, Gull and Pegasus for this type of tournament.
'Signatures are overrated.'
Ok, Excuse absent nanaman sa work nito Clapping

(Battle Thirst mode) Jason
Scary. ._.

I can go to watch, but I'm not so sure I'm throwing my hat in for this one.

Btw, how bout TOTAL, is that still on?
(03-03-2012, 12:37 PM)Serene Wrote:
(03-02-2012, 10:32 PM)Moonlight_Raven Wrote: NO inside parts should be allowed

Unlike other weapons, inside weapons don't get purged. Once they run out of ammo, they become dead weight. Being allowed to have ECM pods is enough as they don't do any direct damage.

Quote:Laser Blade SHOULD be the only weapon here Jason

Parry blades are a bit difficult to use. Nakita na ako ng Rasetsu na naubos pero hindi tumama and a Nioh that hit at halos umubos.

Parry blades are optional.

Quote:(i wish head parts w/ radar function and back unit radar WILL be banned)

Fights will end up taking too much time dahil sa hanapan. I see your point though. Back radars are also optional.

For me, the main issue are the boosters. So I agree with banning V2, Gull and Pegasus for this type of tournament.

ok, i see the point about the radar.

i guess having insides, ECM and parry blades will not be a big issue. parry blades will have 0.01% chance to connect Ermm . anyone can use inside rockets, mines, etc... IF those will hit Ermm .

agree with not allowing V2, GULL, PEGASUS Ninja

=^.^=
[Image: upeo113pr8.gif]

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
"I am more of a Teacher rather than a Pilot"
I also like the v2 gull and pegasus restrictions. Kinda makes things interesting without them high powered boosters. Tongue
(03-04-2012, 01:02 PM)Moonlight_Raven Wrote: parry blades will have 0.01% chance to connect Ermm

Para ba yang mga "98% smooth" statistics? LOL
(03-04-2012, 10:57 PM)NiX Wrote:
(03-04-2012, 01:02 PM)Moonlight_Raven Wrote: parry blades will have 0.01% chance to connect Ermm

hehehe... kinda sort of... Happy unless someone will do some serious-timing-tracking of parry-poking Jason , and it can happen (hopefully Chair )

=^.^=

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
(03-05-2012, 12:30 AM)Moonlight_Raven Wrote:
(03-04-2012, 10:57 PM)NiX Wrote:

hehehe... kinda sort of... Happy unless someone will do some serious-timing-tracking of parry-poking Jason , and it can happen (hopefully Chair )

=^.^=
I won't be surprised if one of you people here suddenly pull off his/her version of Defeat Zinaida with a Parry Blade.

[Image: nines.jpg]
Recommending to ban ELF3 as well. With the new info coming from Medusa0's thread, it looks like we have one really broken blade here.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(03-05-2012, 04:23 PM)Fox Wrote: Recommending to ban ELF3 as well. With the new info coming from Medusa0's thread, it looks like we have one really broken blade here.

But doesn't ELF3 have a really short range? This is the orange knife, right? Or do we evaluate blade ranges to be a non-factor for the K.O.B. tournament format?
updated

rules:
banned
tp, gull, v2, peg
eo cores
rockets, flamethrowers
/shoulder/hand/inside/
radar heads and back radar
elf3 (thank you medusa0)

legal
parry blades
adhesive/floating mines

double elimination
no time limit
best of 3 rounds

map determined by dice toss 1d6
1-ruin
2-hole aqua
3-site s
4-barn arena
5-deck cage
6-laboratory
(03-05-2012, 04:49 PM)Grim Wrote:
(03-05-2012, 04:23 PM)Fox Wrote: Recommending to ban ELF3 as well. With the new info coming from Medusa0's thread, it looks like we have one really broken blade here.

But doesn't ELF3 have a really short range? This is the orange knife, right? Or do we evaluate blade ranges to be a non-factor for the K.O.B. tournament format?

Taking into consideration the small size of most of the maps for this particular tournament, i'd say that blade range will be less important than the overall damage potential.

It's just for KOB anyway.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
a knife that deals 2.5k damage LOL

but if I also remember correctly blade range comes into play more for quads and tanks because of the stabbing motion or so I remember from an old discussion.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Just to clarify though - when exactly is this tournament gonna take place? I don't think a lot of guys can go on the 19th, since it's a weekday.
quads and tanks DO more laser blade damage due to their stabbing way of attack Ninja

btw, the ELF3's in-game stats is a lie Glare , it out-powered LB3 on the actual combat, even if LB3's attack power is greater than the ELF3, stat-wise Ermm

=^.^=

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  T.O.T.A.L. Tournament NiX 51 65,055 02-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Moonlight_Raven
  Philippine Armored Core Tournament I Grim 131 127,474 01-18-2007, 11:07 PM