Current time: 05-08-2024, 08:57 AM
PlayStation 3 Talk
Artic Cooling MX-2
Artic Silver 5

which is better?
Dunno. You can check the differences on the product description on the site. I usually see people using Arctic Silver 5.
hmm, maybe ill just have it cleaned by a pro. i hope he doesnt say that the problem lies on the "lens"
I plan on selling my old ps3 unit for 4,000php.
The buyer could just get it fixed like what fox did to his unit.
So all in all (Unit + reball fee) will just be around 8000php.
Anyone interested? Happy
Ninja Ninja 
My cousin who tinkers around with electronics a lot (A LOT) swears by Arctic Silver. He said there's no competition to it. But as always, please check with other sources.
If it's only for reapplication of the thermal paste, you can probably have it done by any PS3 repair shop, since no real technical work is involved.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(03-09-2012, 11:12 PM)cabs Wrote: I plan on selling my old ps3 unit for 4,000php.
The buyer could just get it fixed like what fox did to his unit.
So all in all (Unit + reball fee) will just be around 8000php.
Anyone interested? Happy

id rather buy a new one than a unit with a history of a YLOD, its not even worth 4k imo.

keep the sales posts in the trading section pls

anyways does anyone have an old 80gb with ACV, can you guys test it if the fan runs at max speed?

@Fox how much is the maintenance fee for ps3, if i want it to be cleaned and reapply a thermal paste?
I dunno actually. I'll just PM or text you the repair guy's contact details.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Finally! My PS3's wifi is working again, after about a month of repeated router and console power cycles. One thing left: actually connecting to SEN.
can anyone help me on this?

im having a weird YLOD problem 80gb fat model that has gotten a hardrive change.

usually when i start a game, it loads and scans trophies for the loading game. there it goes YLOD to red blinking bar, but after turn on again ps3 turns on again and repair/restore/backuping

(the one that ps3 does when you have a power outage and didnt close the console correctly),

there after the repair/restore/backupi can use it with no problems, until i shut it off and wait for 3 hours and play again

it happens always when i turn off the ps3 for a long time then use it. but when does the weird YLOD and turn on again for reformat. it is actually good to go.

sort of a warming up or something? but i have to do this all the time to play the ps3 and it has become annoying.

is this a problem of the HDD?
Word to the wise never change your resolution on the PS3's internet browser
[Image: 213920.gif?v=1]
"It's snowing women." -Tsukika.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
(07-12-2012, 04:30 AM)atdsutm Wrote: can anyone help me on this?

im having a weird YLOD problem 80gb fat model that has gotten a hardrive change.

usually when i start a game, it loads and scans trophies for the loading game. there it goes YLOD to red blinking bar, but after turn on again ps3 turns on again and repair/restore/backuping

(the one that ps3 does when you have a power outage and didnt close the console correctly),

there after the repair/restore/backupi can use it with no problems, until i shut it off and wait for 3 hours and play again

it happens always when i turn off the ps3 for a long time then use it. but when does the weird YLOD and turn on again for reformat. it is actually good to go.

sort of a warming up or something? but i have to do this all the time to play the ps3 and it has become annoying.

is this a problem of the HDD?

your PS3 is dying and you can't do anything by yourself about it, the only clear solution you can do is to buy a new one worth 12k and sell the broken one for less than um...4k since its not even worth shit anymore like u said.
The other dodgy solution is to have it reballed for 4k and pray that it doesn't kick the bucket again anytime soon.

tu che Gentleman
Ninja Ninja 
I hear Sony's working on an even slimmer PS3. Maybe you can wait for that one.
Slimmer? I don't think thats possible with most of the default features it comes with, probably can't even play PSX games like the current slim can't play PS2 games.
[Image: 213920.gif?v=1]
"It's snowing women." -Tsukika.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
I already have a ps3 here. just wait for me to get back andrew. We can then transfer the stuff from that ps3 to this one.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal BlitzKey 3 5,882 04-28-2012, 02:54 PM
Last Post: BlitzKey
  (And yet another) PlayStation 3 hack Twin-Skies 29 35,703 01-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Last Post: atdsutm
  Tekken 5, with some SC3 talk Sforza 39 36,833 12-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Last Post: Serene
  Let's Talk War Games Sforza 11 11,641 12-17-2007, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Sforza
  New Sub-$400 Sony PlayStation 3 NiX 7 9,088 11-14-2007, 11:26 PM
Last Post: NiX