Current time: 03-28-2024, 07:16 PM
Teh interesting PHL-related news stub thread
Pedicab driver killed while trying to foil robbery near DLSU.

Hard to find that kind of valor in this day and age. Sad
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Miriam files Internet freedom bill

meanwhile...

Nancy Binay files bill seeking to regulate social media.

[Image: miriamvsnancy.png]

If the two ever get around to debating this and it gets televised on a weekday, i am so taking a day off to watch this.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(07-03-2013, 07:41 AM)Fox Wrote: Miriam files Internet freedom bill

meanwhile...

Nancy Binay files bill seeking to regulate social media.

[Image: miriamvsnancy.png]

If the two ever get around to debating this and it gets televised on a weekday, i am so taking a day off to watch this.

Someone should record this!
Nag-iisip si Pacquiao na tumakbo bilang presidente.

Anak ng kalungkutan, sana naman nagbibiro ito.
Sa kasamaang palad, mukhang hindi sya nagbibiro. Natututo man na mag-isip ng mas maayos at mabuti ang mga botante sa kung sino ang kanilang iboboto. mayroon pa ding mga hindi makakapag-isip ng dahil sa kahirapan at kagustuhan mabalatuhan.
'Signatures are overrated.'
http://chorvaworld.com/abscbnpost.html
Storm currently ravaging Visayas is the strongest ever seen so far.

Yep, saw some videos at work earlier and the rain was pouring horizontally. And the hail was flying roof sheets.
Not to mention the howling winds and the fact that the rain has taken a misty quality, stay safe pips!
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

dang, why is mother nature seemingly hellbent on wiping out bohol? massive earthquake, sinkholes, now the strongest storm ever.
And while parts of the South was being pounded that day, the previous day's events were enough to make me go out for popcorn.

[Image: napoles_punyeta.jpg]
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1063497
Hot on the heels of the farce that was a "privilege speech" by Bong Revilla (really just another way to spout empty platitudes and emotionally appeal to his fans), I read this. Quite spot on.

Quote:Why are we so corrupt

It is quite correct to ascribe so many evils in our society as accruements of a colonial past. We must bear in mind though that the colonialists are gone, that though vestiges of colonialism remain, as the Spanish writer Salvador de Madariaga stated, a country need not be colonized by a foreign power — it can well be a colony of its own elites and leaders. And this is what we have become.

What aggravates our moral decay is our very nature, our sociability and hypocrisy. Although we are familiar with the crimes of our leaders, we continue to fete them, invite them in social functions, often bonded as they are with us not just by social ties but by gratitude for what these politicians must have done for us.

I found the article very apt.
Tanginang mga bulbul na mga taong to nakakahiya
Car crushed by bus along EDSA.

Good Lord. Blink
No kidding. Commuting here is an adventure. Literally. But instead of being killed by dragons and similar behemoths, we have to worry about stupid drivers. Just the other day, the jeep I was on almost hit a ten-wheeler and it's the jeepney driver's fault. He wasn't paying attention when the security guard was signaling him to stop and wait.
'Signatures are overrated.'

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Teh interesting animal-related news stub thread Twin-Skies 241 297,695 01-24-2017, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  Teh interesting (non-PHL-related) news stub thread Sforza 1,527 1,630,029 07-29-2014, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman
  Organized Religion Discussion Thread Sforza 326 405,903 02-12-2013, 07:16 PM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  LGBT Pride 2010 and Filipino Freethinkers in mainsteam news :) Twin-Skies 2 5,917 12-10-2010, 07:01 PM
Last Post: HayWire
  2010 RP Elections Discussion Thread Sforza 159 176,912 06-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Fox
  The Obama thread atdsutm 16 22,013 04-24-2010, 12:44 AM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  If you've kept up with news, this shouldn't be new NiX 19 22,016 03-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Last Post: NiX