Current time: 03-29-2024, 12:09 AM
AC Last Raven
PSP button set up
Im having a little trouble adjusting to the default button set up in Armored Core Last Raven Portable. Especially when I have to look up and down with triangle and circle. Does anyone have suggestions for an easier or more efficient button set up? Its really hard to track and fight AC's that like to fly alot and jump in the air with the default button set up.

Id appreciate any help, thank you.
If you can handle the strain, this should work well enough for you. It's what i used for the Portable series.

(11-24-2009, 07:23 PM)Fox Wrote: This is how i define pain at the moment.

[Image: PSPpain.jpg]

Left middle finger is for strafing left, left pointer for movement and left thumb on the stick for look up/look down, core functions and extensions. Right middle finger is for strafing right, right pointer for left-arm guns and right thumb for boosting and right-arm weapons.

It's a modified control scheme similar to the Type B controls from the PS2 games. The only downside to it is that you can't drop equipment. It should be usable by anyone with experience using that control scheme, after a finger-breakingly painful slight learning curve. Tongue
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
that. is. crazy.

but worth a damn try my friend! Ill let you know how it goes.
having experience playing monster hunter on the psp would really help you with this XD.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

(01-03-2012, 03:48 PM)Fox Wrote: If you can handle the strain, this should work well enough for you. It's what i used for the Portable series.

(11-24-2009, 07:23 PM)Fox Wrote: This is how i define pain at the moment.

[Image: PSPpain.jpg]

Left middle finger is for strafing left, left pointer for movement and left thumb on the stick for look up/look down, core functions and extensions. Right middle finger is for strafing right, right pointer for left-arm guns and right thumb for boosting and right-arm weapons.

It's a modified control scheme similar to the Type B controls from the PS2 games. The only downside to it is that you can't drop equipment. It should be usable by anyone with experience using that control scheme, after a finger-breakingly painful slight learning curve. Tongue
Wow, we're pretty much the same (well until the damn psp broke down) LOL
[Image: nines.jpg]
Hahah I don't have a PSP but that's also how I play type-B on the PS2!
it's actually not that hard for the default scheme I've actually beat Final Ziniada
with it (With out the cheap linear arm parts) what you're doing wrong is:
Left hand: Your thumb should be big enough to use the analog stick and press down on the d-pad (if not I don't know what to say as my hand size is that of an average girl and I'm a guy) so put that pointer finger back to the left trigger
Right hand: Again you should be able to press multiple buttons with just your thumb so put that pointer finger at the R trigger

P.S. Bunny hoping helps 2 you know (no not the bunny hoping where you just hop and land have to wait to stabilize to more again)

P.S.S. might i suggest as to go to cockpit settings and add more things that always helps me...oh don't forget to get at least a detailed head part (as they tell you what parts on you're opponent's AC are damaged/destroyed)
Example: most AC's in the game if you destroy the leg parts you pretty much won as if you back-pedal they go after you and since they're turning speed is now crap, they barely hit you while you pummel them (works especially well with: Rim Fire, & Final Zinaida)
Raven name: Rexzo
AC name: Propagation, Melancholy, & Gotterdammerung (Soon: Omni Seraph)
AC type:MW Bipedal or MW Reverse Joint (either way)
Favored weapons: Rifles, Machine Guns, Hand Guns, Micro Missiles, and Laser Blades
Attack Style: Either Aggressive or Backpedaling

Being born with angel wings (Propagation)
Rose after fallen from paradise (Depression) (Melancholy)
Accepted my inner devil for if I fought; I would have ultimately lost (Gotterdammerung)

Having undergone these trials I've have become an Omnious Seraph

"I'm a Mercenary, I'm used to betrayal...
But power is all that matters now...
In the end, Human arrogance will eventually usher in our own downfall... -Genobee"\

Mindlessly killing is something everyone can do; however, only a few think and efficiently complete the task at hand
dpad up - look up
dpad right- look down
dpad left - ext.
dpad down- boost
triangle-change weapon
square-primary
circle-seconardy
x-jump
L-strafe left
R-strafe right
analog- movement
I cant drop ext. but I can drop everything else
Your death sentence is to die by the hands of my anger. My anger is relentless, you can run but its worthless and the furious angels will bring you back to me with your head on a pike for the world to see as I rip you to shredds with my wings of destruction....
unless you have a side shield the extension can be quite...drainy and energy packs r heavy. idk i just thing purging extensions r quite important
Favored weapons: Rifles, Machine Guns, Hand Guns, Micro Missiles, and Laser Blades

Accepted my inner devil for if I fought; I would have ultimately lost (Gotterdammerung)

In the end, Human arrogance will eventually usher in our own downfall... -Genobee"\

Mindlessly killing is something everyone can do; however, only a few think and efficiently complete the task at hand
you gotta understand that the controls for portable are alot more difficult to deal with than the ps2 version
Your death sentence is to die by the hands of my anger. My anger is relentless, you can run but its worthless and the furious angels will bring you back to me with your head on a pike for the world to see as I rip you to shredds with my wings of destruction....
I understand XP
However I mastered the default controls it's better to start AC3P w/ default controls tho if you want to master them but it also depends on you're determination

Edit: Besides I've never played Last Raven on the ps2 XD

In fact I'm thinking of making a walkthrough/Let's Play on youtube (thinking if i should talk or not) of the portables anyone know a good way to record psp game-play?

^ Remotejoy and Fraps might do.
but doesn't remotejoy require a hacked psp?

(02-02-2012, 02:13 AM)Rexzo Wrote: but doesn't remotejoy require a hacked psp?

That, I don't know.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Help: Last Raven BerserkFury 3 7,918 11-10-2015, 01:28 PM
Last Post: gundam_obelisk