Current time: 03-29-2024, 05:50 PM
Reikitsunamizu’s Touch: False Messiah
Chapter 1 done - WIP
And the day proceeded normally after that, until evening came, both Chikane and Kumatora keeping quiet as they made their way back to their hut. Each girl bothered by their own thoughts and worries. The young Channeler was worried about the ceremony while the lion-girl was worried to what would happen to her best friend. Still, both tried to act normal as they could as not to worry the other. The silence continued till dinnertime; the silver-haired wolf-girl preparing dinner as always as the blonde Guardian waited patiently.

Chikane-chan, what is happening? Kumatora thought to herself as she stared at the direction of the kitchen where the sounds of cooking echoed across the hut, Will you be okay?

Chikane sighed to herself as she did her best to concentrate on her cooking to no avail. She was worried about the ceremony, how it will go about. Though her mentor had reassured her, Houko too, the young Channeler couldn’t help be worried, especially since she has heard about the risks of the Ceremony of Sealing so she wondered if things will proceed as smooth as they wanted. There was Kumatora too, who she has this nagging feeling has an idea of what will happen. Somehow, Chikane didn’t know how to break the news to the lion-eared girl. She shook her head. What was she thinking? This is her best friend, she should tell her.

Yes, she should.

“Dinner’s ready, Kuma-chan.” Chikane called out cheerfully from the kitchen just as she came in with a tray of food in her arms.

And both started to eat in silence until the young Channeler herself spoke up, breaking the silence. Kumatora could only look up from her food as her companion spoke.

“I’m going to go through the Ceremony of Sealing, Kuma-chan.” Chikane said softly as she turned to the lion-eared girl.

Ceremony of Sealing? Kumatora blinked as she tilted her head.

“It is said the ceremony is for those chosen to be the Goddess’ Reincarnate and it is also said it will enhance one’s own Channeling abilities, “ The wolf-girl continued as she looked down, “But…somehow, it worries me what could happen.“

“What’s wrong, Chikane-chan?” Kumatora inquired as her expression turned to that of concern.

Chikane shook her head.

“I don’t know really. But…” The wolf-eared girl bit her lip, “I think it’s the fact five other Channeler s are needed for the Ceremony. But Cyrene-sama said I will be fine, so maybe there’s nothing to worry about, ne?”

Those five Channelers are for the ceremony? Kumatora’s brow furrowed at the prospect of actually letting those group of Channelers from earlier handle anything related to her best friend. She shook her head before forcing a smile. No, those Channelers don’t matter. What mattered was Chikane.

“I’m pretty sure there isn’t.” The lion-eared girl reassured the young Channeler as she kept the smile on her face, “I’m sure everyone knows what they are doing.” Kumatora nodded.

“Sou ne.“ Chikane mirrored Kumatora’s smile, “You are probably right, Kuma-chan.”

The blonde Guardian just giggled, somehow satisfied to see the wolf-eared girl’s smile. Her lion-ears and tail twitched once.

“So, when will the Ceremony take place?” The lion-girl inquired, blinking as she did so.

“Tonight, ” Chikane replied, “Cyrene-sama will come over later to help me with the preparations.”

“Eh? That soon?” Kumatora’s eyes opened wide.

“H-hai.” The silver-haired wolf-girl managed to say, “I’m surprised myself but Houko-san said they needed my help as soon as possible so…well, they have to do the ceremony as soon as they can.”

Kumatora frowned, deep in thought as her tail began to move side to side.

“Houko-san…she’s that Guardian, Tsukihana-sama’s Guardian, right?” The young Guardian finally said.

“Hai. I was surprised that she is an Elder Guardian.” Chikane said softly as she looked down on her food, “Houko-san doesn’t give that air at all.”

Kumatora could only nod. That was true of course, definitely, but the fact she wasn’t able to sense the half-feline’s presence earlier just proved the said Guardian’s title as an Elder Guardian. Still, what was Houko saying about they will be working together?

“Houko-san said she will be staying around for a while.” Chikane’s words made Kumatora blink, caught off guard, “I wonder why.”

The blonde Guardian frowned at that. She could think up of a lot of reasons but somehow, she knew that it was pointless to have Chikane stress over them. Whatever the Elders may be planning, she knew, she would be ready. And if they were not confident of her abilities to guard the young Channeler then they will be in for a surprise. Still, for now, the wolf-eared girl didn’t need to worry. Kumatora knew Chikane should be more focused on the ceremony later.

“Well, we’ll just see, okay, Chikane-chan?” Kumatora said with a smile as she reached for Chikane’s hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze, “Don’t worry about it too much, besides you just need to focus on the ceremony later, ne?” She finished with a wink.

“H-hai, you’re right, Kuma-chan.” Chikane softly replied, a healthy blush on her cheeks as she gave a small smile, “Thank you.”

And with that, dinner proceeded as it always does with the two keeping quiet all the while but relaxed and comforted; their worries seemingly non-existent. The silence enveloping the two continued until after they cleaned up. It was then they decided to just relax and wait until a knocking came from the door, followed by a familiar voice.

“Chikane-chan? I’m here.” Came Cyrene’s voice from behind the door of the hut, “Are you ready?”

“Hai, Cyrene-sama.” Chikane replied as she stood where she sat, making her way to the door. She bowed as her wolf-ears and tail twitched before she let her mentor and Shiue inside, “Please come in.”

With that the fox-eared girl entered the hut, carrying a flat wooden box in her arms and with her Guardian in tow, who bowed to Chikane and Kumatora. The young Channeler blinked.

“Cyrene-sama? What is that?” She inquired as she tilted her head, crimson eyes focused on the box.

“Ah, this?” Cyrene smiled as she held up the box, “It is all we need for the ceremony. Saa saa, let’s get ready!” And with that, the crimson-haired Saikiri started to push her apprentice in direction of the bedroom.

“H-hai.” Chikane managed to say but not before giving Kumatora one last look then leaving her alone with Shiue.

Both Guardians sighed before settling themselves on the dinner table as they waited for their lieges to finish with their preparations. Silence, save Cyrene’s occasional giggles from the bedroom. Until finally, Kumatora decided to speak up.

“Shiue-san?” The lion-eared girl ventured as her lion-ears twitched once.

“Hm? What is it, Ishikawa?” The half-albatross blinked, turning his attention to the other Guardian who just coughed into her fist as she tried to put into words what was on her mind.

“About Houko-san…I mean.” Kumatora started to say quite clumsily.

“Oh? Mitose-san? “ Shiue smiled, “To be honest, I don’t really know much about her. I haven’t even talked to her yet.”

“Eh?”

“The preparations take priority. “ Shiue nodded, “But all we know is what she said. That’s pretty much it.” He turned to the lion-girl, “What’s wrong?”

Kumatora shook her head. Maybe it was nothing. But she couldn’t help be worried to what the Elders may be up to. She was hoping at least Shiue can provide some answers to some questions she had but it seemed the half-albatross was kept in the dark as well. In that case, it might be better for her just to be on guard to what may happen. She opened her mouth to speak but was cut off when Cyrene’s voice rang through the air.

“And we are done.“ The fox-eared Saikiri giggled as she entered the room but blinked as she realized her apprentice didn’t follow her, “Chikane-chan?”

“H-hai.” The young Channeler muttered as she entered, fidgeting slightly as a crimson tinge made itself evident on her cheeks.

Both Kumatora and Shiue turned to the direction of Chikane’s voice. The half-albatross just blinking but the lion-girl was staring, mouth agape. Cyrene could only grin, complete with a twitch of her fox ears and tail, at their reactions as Chikane blushed all the more.

The wolf-eared girl was donned in a haori and hakama, a typical outfit for those serving in Reikitsunamizu’s temple but it was modified for her due to her role as the reincarnate of the Goddess. Her white haori was off the shoulder, exposing the young Channeler’s neckline and collar bone and starting just a little above her chest. The sleeves of the haori had a gradient of sakura pink, a compliment to the crimson colored obi she has around her waist. Her dark blue hakama’s side slits seemed to be wider than typical, exposing the side of her thighs. Pale blue markings of the Kurori Akaiko adorn the hakama itself, giving the impression of how skillful the artisan who designed the article of clothing was. Chikane was wearing white split-toe socks and a pair of black wooden geta for footwear.

“Um…how does it look?” Chikane managed to ask Shiue and Kumatora, more to the lion-eared girl by the way the wolf-girl was turned at her best friend.

Kumatora shook her head.

“I-it suits you well, Chika—um, Yanagi-sama, “ The blonde Guardian stuttered before turning slightly to Shiue in an attempt to hide her nervousness, “Right, Shiue-san?”

“Of course.” Shiue nodded to avoid the gaze Cyrene was giving him, one he knew very well.

“S-sou. Thank you.” Chikane smiled.

It was only then that Kumatora noticed that the silver-haired Channeler had her hair tied in a twisted updo, held secure by two golden chopsticks. Also, on the said girl’s forehead was Reikitsunamizu’s seal, marked in red just like the lines under her eyes just above her cheeks. There appeared to be other seals as well, another just under her neck, right between her collarbone, at the back of her hands and at the side of her thighs. They were easier to miss unlike the one on her forehead as they seem to only glow under the moon’s rays.

What are those for? Kumatora thought to herself and would have asked if Cyrene didn’t speak up.

“Oh, almost forgot.” The fox-eared Saikiri giggled as she reached into her robes. Her brow furrowed for a moment but her face brightened up as she had found what she was looking for.

“Here, Chikane-chan.” Cyrene said as she held out a small box and opened it to reveal its contents.

A necklace with its pendant in a shape of a golden sun. Its aurora outline was black and framed by a Reiki crystal in the form of a quarter moon. It gave a glow of warm green as the young Channeler took it in her hands.

“Cyrene-sama, this is…” Chikane began as she looked at the pendant.

“That one was given by Mitose-san.” Cyrene smiled, “She said it came from Tsukihana-sama himself.” The fox-eared girl just giggled, “Well, put it on, Chikane-chan.”

“H-hai.” The wolf-eared girl nodded before fiddling with the necklace in an effort to put it on.

Her mentor could only giggle before walking behind Chikane and helping her secure the necklace. The pendant gently settled just below the seal on young Channeler’s collarbone.

“Now you are all set.” Cyrene smiled as she turned to Kumatora and Shiue, placing her hands on her apprentice’s shoulders, “Shall we go?”

Both Guardians just nodded.

==
I can only comfort you through your dreams. When you are wide awake, all I can do is smile and enjoy your presence.
==

And the group made their way to one of Sakura’s main platforms. One of the platforms selected for the Ceremony of Sealing, selected for it provided a view of the village’s main Reiki Crystals which was buried in the heart of the main Sakura tree. Typically, only those of high rank in the village were allowed to the platform but this ceremony seemed to be regarded of high importance so the platform was provided for use.

Kumatora took note of every bit of information Shiue and Cyrene had told them as they made their way to the said platform. She did have to agree it would be first time she would be stepping in that specific place thus she made it a point to remind herself the importance of the Ceremony of Sealing. Though the lion-eared girl would have felt better if she understood more of it but as it was, it seemed Chikane and Cyrene were the only ones who understood one another at some point. Still. it seemed there was nothing much to worry about as Kumatora noted that both wolf-girl and fox-girl seemed to be calm about everything. She should too.

“And here we are.” Cyrene finally exclaimed as her azure eyes gave the platform a once over.

And as was said, there it was in plain view. Just a few feet up and embedded in the main sakura tree’s trunk was one of Sakura’s main Reiki Crystals. It was said this one of the crystals that kept the main sakura tree healthy. As long as it glows, the tree will be at its greatest of health. It gave a warm glow as the group approached as if welcoming their presence. With that, the group turned their attention to the center of the platform, where another Reiki crystal was situated on a pedestal, surrounded by six other more with a certain length of distance among them. Kumatora noted seeing stewards from the temple hurrying about, of course, the five Channelers from earlier and one half-feline Guardian approaching them.

Mitose Houko.

The half-feline Guardian’s bells on her form tinkled as she bowed.

“Yanagi-sama, Saikiri-sama, Shiue-dono and Kumatora-dono, “ Houko said as she looked up with a smile on her face, “I see you made it. Shall we proceed?”

All four nodded at that, Chikane and Cyrene stepped forward in direction of the Reiki Crystals. Kumatora stepped forward to follow but was stopped by Shiue, who just rested his hand on her shoulder. The half-albatross just shook his head and the lion-eared girl knew what that meant. Their duty now was just to watch and have faith in their lieges.

With that, the wolf-girl and fox-girl continued their way to the center crystal; all other five Channelers surrounded Chikane as she stopped right in front of it. Turning around, the young Channeler closed her eyes she held out her hands. The seals on her body started to glow as the moon and the Reiki crystals around them shone on the said seals. Cyrene smiled and looked up to the Sakura’s main Reiki Crystal.

“Oh Goddess, please watch over us as we bestow upon, Yanagi Chikane, your Reincarnate, your graces in this Ceremony of Sealing, “Cyrene’s voice rang through the whole platform as the crystals glowed in approval. The fox-eared girl turned to the other Channelers, “We shall begin.”

All other five Channelers nodded at that, before all of them including Cyrene turned to Chikane. Each reached up and bit on their thumbs, drawing out blood. After did they all reach out to dab their own blood to one of the seals on the wolf-eared girl’s body. Cyrene herself dabbed her own blood on the seal which was just below the young Channeler’s neck, wiping blood all over the seal itself. With a nod to the other Channelers, they made their way to their respective Reiki crystals just as the young Channeler clasped her hands together in prayer; her eyes still closed all the while.

Goddess Reikitsunamizu, please watch over me.

All six Channelers made it to their respective Reiki crystals. Reaching out, they placed their hands on their crystals before closing their eyes as they began to channel Reiki’s energy into the crystal and to the wolf-eared girl’s. The warm green glow of Reiki’s energies started to shine, brighter and brighter for each passing second. So much that Kumatora had to shield her eyes but she didn’t want to. She wanted to keep her eyes on Chikane. The lion-eared girl wouldn’t want anything to happen to her liege but as it was, all she could do was just watch and put her trust on Cyrene and Chikane herself.

What the?

Kumatora couldn’t help blink as she saw Chikane open her eyes which glowed crimson then amber for a moment, right before a flash of pure green light shone all over them. As she tried to focus her eyes once more she saw the wolf-eared girl still standing where she was, eyes still closed but breathing heavily as she tried to catch her breath. The seals on her body sans the one on her forehead glowed before disappearing. Her frame was shaking and sweat bedewed her forehead. It was then Kumatora saw Chikane’s knees gave way. The wolf-girl on all fours on the floor before collapsing completely.

“Chikane-chan!” Kumatora screamed out and rushed over to the wolf-girl but Cyrene got to the fallen Chikane first, lifting and cradling the young Channeler in her arms.

A quick once over and the fox-eared girl just sighed in relief before wiping the sweat off her apprentice’s forehead with her sleeve. Smiling, she turned to the blonde Guardian.

“Chikane-chan is fine, Ishikawa-san,” Cyrene giggled as she ruffled the sleeping wolf-girl’s silver hair, “She’s just exhausted. Don’t worry.”

“S-sou.” Kumatora managed to say as her eyes just focused on Chikane. So much she didn’t notice Shiue and Houko walking up behind her.

“Saikiri-sama?” Houko ventured, her expression unreadable at that moment.

“Hai, Mitose-san. The ceremony is a success as far as I can tell.” The fox-eared girl smiled before turning to Kumatora, “Ishikawa-san? Can you take Chikane-chan back to your hut? She needs to rest.”

“H-hai, Cyrene-sama.” The lion-eared girl replied as she bowed and lifted the sleeping wolf-girl in her arms. She turned to leave, “If I may be excused.”

With that Kumatora left. Cyrene shook her head before standing up and dusted herself off. Her eyes turned to the direction where the lion-eared girl had taken her apprentice. Those same eyes narrowed as she glanced at Houko then to the center Reiki Crystal used in the ceremony.

“Cyrene-sama?” Shiue called out; his voice had a tone of concern in it, “Is something the matter?”

“Eh?” Cyrene blinked then just giggled, “Nothing, Shiue. I guess I am a bit tired as well.”

The ceremony was a success. But I wonder what happens now. And what exactly is Tsukihana-sama thinking?

==
I can only comfort you through your dreams. When you are wide awake, all I can do is smile and enjoy your presence.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reiki's Touch : False Messiah Deleted Chapter Immaterial 0 3,010 06-01-2014, 11:46 PM
Last Post: Immaterial