Current time: 03-28-2024, 06:04 PM
Build a PC
and other games too XD
Planning to buy a video card tomorrow, I need help for current gen gaming.

Anyway, I'm thinking of getting a gtx680, but I'm not certain whether the money's worth it or not. gtx690 seems overkill already to me. Then there's a new (760, or was it 770) vid card coming out the future, so I might be able to get it much cheaper. But then there's no fucking release date. I don't want to wait anymore. Anyway, budget is around 20-30k. I'd be willing to dish out a little if I have to, but only if I really need to, which I don't think so atm.

Shit, my stuff is like, 2-4 years ago. I might have to upgrade my processor as well, which is a 1075T x6 Phenom II hexa. Any ideas guys? Think it'll bottleneck even while OC'd or something? No helpful google results so far. ;__;

WHERE ARE THE PROS WHEN U NEED THEM HURRR

Edit 2: Actually, just fuck it. I'm going now. I'll go ask the staff if they know a thing or two as well. I'll have to buy a new processor if plan A fucks up.
Edit 3: Went there, no stock of gtx680. I'll have to wait until Monday. I need your halp again, pplz.
Edit 4: HD7970 seems like a good alternative, if not, even better. Or a 7970 Ghz edition, but it'd be too much me, I suppose.

Edit 5: I suppose it's 'problem solved'. Jin and Jiro replied at FB. Thanks btw!
Does anyone here have experience doing a clean install of W1nd0w5 7?
Since the damage on my laptop may not be covered by the warranty, I'm thinking of just doing a clean install on a new hard drive with either the OEM version(quite cheap but I'm not aware of it's limitations), retail version(costs $200 or something), or just go for the "free" version. There's also ubuntu but I'm not sure how many of the programs and games I use will run on it. I'll try creating a bootable usb later.

btw fuck these prebuilt computers that don't come with installation discs anymore.
"free" ver. Then go for ultimate. Also, did your laptop run on 64-bit or 32-bit?
Fuunyaah~
it's 64-bit....
If ever you run into problems related with not having device drivers, try looking for the device ID. A simple Google search would get you the device name, and where you can download its device driver.
Can the old ram on my existing PC be reused on a new motherboard?
Trying to figure out what parts can be reused for a new build. Parang malabo na talagang magamit yung old hdd(with os) at ram.
All that's is left is the dvd drive, graphics card and the psu(last two were upgraded parts, never came with the original pc). The dvd drive isn't blu ray compatible so I might end up changing it as well. Wala nang natira Chair
Depends on what your new motherboard will be. May mga compatibility crap yan with the RAM. What's wrong with the old HDD?
Problema ko lang sa old hdd kung magagamit ko pa yung operating system na installed dun. Kapag magkaiba daw yung chipset magkaka problema daw. H57 chips yung luma pero Z77 yung balak kong bilhin.
Most new MOBO goes fine with DDR3 ram.. Kung DDR2 yung previous RAM mo.. Hindi sila compatible ng DDR3.

As for the OS. Wala naman issue's.. Though you might want to remove some old drivers afterwards.
Fuunyaah~
DDR3 naman yung ram. I guess it's worth a try and in case anything goes wrong I still have my laptop to work with.
Alamin mo muna kung anong klaseng RAM meron ka, tapos check mo specs ng motherboard kung compatible sila.

Kung hindi compatible pero mas gusto mo yung mas bagong motherboard, patulan mo na rin kasi mura naman ang mga DDR3 ngayon.
Just semi OT.. Ngyayari ba yung incompatible since iba frequency nung RAM? Ang pagkakaintindi ko lang yung sa pagOC lang yung may limitations. Not too sure myself ahaha!
Fuunyaah~
I think these parts should be enough to try a build.

Mobo: AsRock Extreme4
CPU: i5-3750K - nevermind i7 to save on a new ram.
RAM: G.Skill Ares 8GB 1600 / Ripjaws-X 8G 2133
Case: Antec One / Corsair Carbide 200R
Cooling: Haven't decided. I want to make sure everything is in place and how much space is available.

Parts to reuse although I'm still considering to upgrade them later on.

HHD: 500GB -> 1TB
Optical Drive: DVD -> Blu Ray
Graphics Card -> GTX-460 -> 650/660 Ti
PSU
I suggest to change the PSU if its a generic kinda PSU.
Fuunyaah~
Ah sa tingin ko ok na yung psu, coolermaster extreme power na 700w. It was a replacement for the mediocre psu that came with the compaq desktop. Not touching prebuilt desktops anymore.