Current time: 03-28-2024, 07:56 PM
Build a PC
and other games too XD
Slap on a SSD if you can - It's great!
Seconding the SSD. World of difference for everyday use. Ability to boot in seconds.
Medyo mahal pa eh. Pag naging mura ang mga ssd baka patay na nun ang mga hdd. Got all the parts now. Ended up with the antec gx700 casing kasi may red countdown switch LOL
Pwede ka din naman bumili ng SSD na low capacity, gawin mo lang primary/OS drive para lang sa bilis. Tapos yung bulk ng data mo lagay mo sa secondary drive na malaki capacity. Smile
I'm currently saving up for a laptop but I'm not sure what to shoot for. Need general recommendations for what and where one.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

What are your requirements? Will it be for work? Surfing the internet? Light gaming? Hardcore gaming? Does it need to be portable? Budget?
(05-08-2013, 09:45 PM)NiX Wrote: What are your requirements? Will it be for work? Surfing the internet? Light gaming? Hardcore gaming? Does it need to be portable? Budget?

Gaming rig at the 40k range, doesn't have to be hard core but I remember seeing laptops that has a small ssd for the OS then a normal one for everything else. Something like that would be nice.

General reqs
No OS is better.
Ram 4GB expandable
Video card should be 2GB
As long as I can play 3d hgames I'm fine!
I have no qualms with heavier units.

My brother suggested checking villman and there I found these two offers.

http://www.villman.com/Product-Detail/G4_2129TX

http://www.villman.com/Product-Detail/G4_2105TX

The first one has a better processor, double the microprocessor cache (no clue as to the importance of this bit), and no OS aka more flexible.

In both cases I'll just ask for an upgrade to the ram and later in life get a SDD upgrade for it. As well as an orig os for the first one.

Everyone here at home says get a Lenovo and looking at them this is what I saw that I liked.

http://www.villman.com/Product-Detail/Le...0_59364759

Which do I pick or are there better options elsewhere?

40k sounds too much. Kaya yan around 35-30k.

Edit: Laptop pala.. Yeah 40k sounds about right.
Fuunyaah~
(05-08-2013, 11:03 PM)Hell Heart Wrote: 40k sounds too much. Kaya yan around 35-30k.

Edit: Laptop pala.. Yeah 40k sounds about right.

PCs are a no go as my room is in the attic with no aircon. Hate to be the cause of our house burning to the ground xp.

Do you really need an i7? Might be able to settle for an i5. The Lenovo one looks decent, but aside from the processor and vidcard, the other specs are very low-middle-end. Anyway, yeah, go ahead and scour villman for choices.
(05-09-2013, 08:25 AM)NiX Wrote: Do you really need an i7? Might be able to settle for an i5. The Lenovo one looks decent, but aside from the processor and vidcard, the other specs are very low-middle-end. Anyway, yeah, go ahead and scour villman for choices.

I'll look around some more, but for the lenovo one, while most of what you get is mid rate is it worth the price in your opinion?

Anyway, really depends on what games you want to run on it and what you intend to do with it. Then budget accordingly. Almost impossible to find at a budget, but try to get something higher res than 1366x768. Then again, you can always just hook up to an actual HD monitor.
Saw this and it looks like the better option, sadly no freebies.

http://villman.com/Product-Detail/K55VJ-sx074
+ 3k for the version with a OS.

I'm fine with the resolution because we do have a hd tv. LOL

Strictly looking at specs, seems like a decent deal. If there's even the slightest chance that you might go Windows 8, make sure that the screen is a touch-screen.
(05-09-2013, 11:52 PM)NiX Wrote: Strictly looking at specs, seems like a decent deal. If there's even the slightest chance that you might go Windows 8, make sure that the screen is a touch-screen.

Okay getting the one with window then.

The only one of those that is a touchscreen is the llenovo one. I'm perfectly fine if mine doesn't have one as while our telpad and my phone familiarized me to touchscreens it did not exactly endear me to them.

Still between the better performance of the asus one and the freebies the llenovo one gives I still can't decide. Chair