Current time: 04-20-2024, 02:39 PM
Suggestion on what martial arts coach/trainer/gym to take?
Didn't know where to post this actually but anyways

need a bit of help/suggestion

since getting back into martial arts training a bit since might as well a form of exercising that
interest me
(might as well try to be
healthy...somehow XD):p

next time if i have budget...thinking of looking for a coach/sensei/dojo/gym
(hopefully someone/somewhere
relatively cheap...kahit
not every saturday maybe 2
times a month or so lng pang
refresher or so lng)to train under again

problem is finding the right one that fits me...since yeah usually for martial arts the coach/sensei has to be someone that also fits your personality/discipline you trained under or so...its like finding the perfect weapon that fits your personality etc etc perfectly XD

so asking for a bit of suggestion or so on what probably martial art dicispline you can guys can suggest a bit that somewhat fits my personality or so

here's a basic rundown on my personality and my usual preferences

1. I tend to be aggressive type of person/player even in games...i rarely go defensive even in games >_<

for one thing in my old trainer/coach he kinda etched in the mentality "hit them first, hit them hard, finish it quick" something in me before and actually kinda worked for me

so have a habit of charging in
/evading or so
in fast phased games or so

2. I still have a habit of doing a few kicks or sweeps but not that often...and i can't kick higher than my chest >_<

3. Not afraid of heights so if i ever have to learn to do back flips or so...i don't mind highly doubt i can do it even after a lot of training XD since i can't jump that high for some strange reason

4. as for weapon preferences...anything can be a weapon kind of thinking just depends on how creative you are hehehehe XD but if i ever have to pick my favorite weapons i would love to use are probably fist,swords/sticks, quaterstaff and ive always wanted to learn to use the tonfas...I HATE CHAINED WEAPONS (numchucks etc basically anything with a chain) and guns...not a big fan of long range weapons pretty much

5. Also tend to use my artist background a bit

Since i have knowledge in human anatomy for both 3d and 2d art....kinda have a bit of a habit hitting certain weak parts...

Since i focus more in character/story development...kinda have a bit of habit also figuring out what the opponent is thinking or probably going to do

A bit of background in character animation or so also helped a bit...center of gravity etc etc things like those i tend to use to my advantage as well sometimes

6. slightly short sighted...anything
close to me is clear but its
far away it becomes blurry which is why
i wear glasses XD...and probably gotten
used to evading or so in most games Tongue
since habang malayo pa...whats that?...when it
gets close and clear...you get the idea

7. not planning to join competitions
this is just more or less
"exercising" for me and self defense
i guess but in the real world
i highly doubt though
will get to use it XD

i mean you can't evade a bullet now
can you Tongue

and besides its best to be safe than sorry
Tongue

won't probably have time for competitions either way

8. have a slight habit of doing grabs as well... transition from a punch/kick or so to a grab

but not often also

9. Have a habit of using or raising either my left knee or right knee to block a low kick..if not i tend to use my forearm to block a low kick if i ever dont have time to evade the low kick

10. even if i am holding a weapon...i still can't seem to remove my habit of using my legs or arms to strike or block sometimes

11. when holding a sword/stick type weapon i have a habit of changing to reverse/ninja grip sometimes/rarely

12. back then when i still active in martial
arts in terms of strength i was just more or less
somewhat just a bit above average, i was more into speed and technique
back then...though that was back then...things change
Tongue

13. i am not fully ambidextrous in martial arts just slightly but not fully ...i have a habit of focusing on my left or right stance (if you know what i mean) depending on the situation

14. have a bit of background in Kung Fu during high school and then changed to Arnis by around college...and after college kinda stopped since yeah don't have a sparring partner anymore to keep me motivated Tongue

15. also as Haywire put it i move around a bit too much...sometimes i still can't seem to remove my old habits Tongue

16. not sure if this helps...i am year of the fire tiger in the chinese zodiac

If I had the budget to find a martial arts trainer... Do you have any suggestions on where I should apply and what discipline to take?

OFF TOPIC STUFF:
I got permission from RF to nitpick grammar and spelling in his post Tongue
It's good proof-reading practice actually...

*budget

The title doesn't make much sense. It starts off with a question that was probably regarding whether or not he should push through with finding an official trainer... But it ends with "any suggestions?" without giving a clear explanation of what kind of suggestions he's looking for. The "suggestions" he's probably asking for are the possible trainers or venues he can check out.

It should say something like "If I had the budget to find a martial arts trainer...Should I go for it? Do you have any suggestions on where I should apply?"

*Didn't

*Martial Arts (What's ...."Martials art"? XDDD )

*budget D: ( If you're after the Filipino one...it's "badyet" >_> )

*suggestions (Plural please...Suggestions are not like cake D: )

*preferences

*I

...You know what? I give up DX

No posts yet...So Ima drop this here...

http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/select.p...htsportnow

http://www.youthink.com/quiz.cfm?action=...pan=latest

*moonwalks away*
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
took the test Haywire posted...

got these as a result...

Karate, Tae-kwon-Do, Kickboxing

Judo, Jiu-Jitsu, or Wrestling

Kung-Fu

hmmm any other suggestions?
hmmm karate or kung fu sounds the most practical

know any ones near SM Megamall that are worth it?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Which martial arts kicks ass Doom Trigger 15 14,378 12-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Last Post: atdsutm