Current time: 04-26-2024, 09:18 PM
Hudson River Pyschiatric Center
Yes, including THE MORGUE
Here's where I'll post all the pics and videos we take of this place. I don't feel like posting all 99 photos I have on me at the moment, but because you all asked, here's the morgue to start you off. Domo

As you climb up to the second story to get in, the first thing to are greeted by is the embalming table, where past explorers have left behind the hand-written log of who died from what and when. Very cool. I was tempted to nab it, but Deemer was the voice of reason who pointed out it should be left for other explorers to experience.

[Image: mini-SDC12513.jpg]

[Image: mini-SDC12512.jpg]

[Image: mini-SDC12511.jpg]

[Image: mini-SDC12510.jpg]

[Image: mini-SDC12509.jpg]

[Image: mini-SDC12508.jpg]

[Image: mini-SDC12507.jpg]

Immediately to your left as you climb through the window is the "ice box", where the bodies are chilled.

[Image: mini-SDC12505.jpg]

[Image: mini-SDC12504.jpg]

[Image: mini-SDC12503.jpg]

[Image: mini-SDC12531.jpg]

In the next room, there's this thing, that does something or other with human tissues.

[Image: mini-SDC12515.jpg]

[Image: mini-SDC12517.jpg]

The rest of the room was fairly lab-ish, boasting glass slides and sterile equipment and all sorts of creepy machinery used to do things to dead people.

[Image: mini-SDC12516.jpg]

[Image: mini-SDC12518.jpg]

[Image: mini-SDC12519.jpg]

[Image: mini-SDC12522.jpg]

[Image: mini-SDC12524.jpg]
[Image: mini-SDC12523.jpg]

[Image: mini-SDC12525.jpg]

[Image: mini-SDC12527.jpg]

[Image: mini-SDC12526.jpg]

The next room was full of random boxes of non-creepy things such as printer paper and old Time magazines and empty binders and junk, but it did have this neat dumbwaiter.

[Image: mini-SDC12529.jpg]

So then we went down into the basement...

[Image: mini-SDC12535.jpg]

And found not a whole lot, other than one hell of a spooky atmoshpere.

[Image: mini-SDC12537.jpg]

I did, however, find a pretty interesting logbook of blood tests and their results. Some of the patients here had some pretty horrific illnesses...

[Image: mini-SDC12539.jpg]

[Image: mini-SDC12545.jpg]

[Image: mini-SDC12546.jpg]

[Image: mini-SDC12547.jpg]

[Image: mini-SDC12548.jpg]

[Image: mini-SDC12549.jpg]

[Image: mini-SDC12550.jpg]

So we decided to hit the top floor, which was actually more interesting than creepy, to be honest. The whole floor was a lab.

[Image: mini-SDC12533.jpg]

[Image: mini-SDC12552.jpg]

[Image: mini-SDC12556.jpg]

[Image: mini-SDC12563.jpg]

[Image: mini-SDC12568.jpg]

Hmmm... I could see how this could be a problem...

[Image: mini-SDC12557.jpg]

That's all I have of the morgue in photos. I got pretty much the entire place on video, though, so wait for us to upload that if you wanna see more!
In a world of black and white, you are the only one in color.

Generation of Metal, an online visual novel by Setsuna, currently in development hell.
Damn, i got the chills from just looking at some of these pictures. Unsure
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Same here. Great shots man! Thanks for bringing the place to life for us who can't experience it.
These were AWESOME! Can't wait for the video.

I find the fact that people who went there before you guys decided to leave patient logs and records behind.
I'm guessing there isn't much graffiti either. But it would've been better if explorers left their names in a logbook as well.
'Signatures are overrated.'
Thank you SO MUCH for sharing. These are amazing photos. Feels like real life resident evil. LOL Couldn't help but admire the penmanship on those journals. Tongue
Whoa, that creeped me out. It's like a scene from Penumbra or something, with the sun up.

Thanks for the post!
Yes, the penmanship is kickass indeed. LOL

Other than that, I like how the logs give away that sort of mysterious thing; gives me the same feeling while playing something like RE, SH, or any survival-horror game.
I should also mention that these are taken with the flash on. The basement and embalming/freezer level were pitch black. You'll see in the videos. Approximately 200% creepier.

Generation of Metal, an online visual novel by Setsuna, currently in development hell.
So people just go in and out of this place? No chance of getting caught for trespassing or anything like that?
Decommissioned buildings like that are usually just free-for-all zones, except if they were for military use. At least that's what they do here. I dunno if it's the same across the pond.

On a side note, there's a couple of abandoned hospitals in Taguig that were turned into airsoft gaming sites. Only the first couple of floors are used for wargames and the basement and upper levels are too creepy for people to venture into. Anyone interested in paying a visit? Big grin
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(08-26-2011, 11:12 AM)Fox Wrote: Decommissioned buildings like that are usually just free-for-all zones, except if they were for military use. At least that's what they do here. I dunno if it's the same across the pond.

On a side note, there's a couple of abandoned hospitals in Taguig that were turned into airsoft gaming sites. Only the first couple of floors are used for wargames and the basement and upper levels are too creepy for people to venture into. Anyone interested in paying a visit? Big grin

If we're going to the morgue, I'm in.
'Signatures are overrated.'
(08-26-2011, 10:56 AM)NiX Wrote: So people just go in and out of this place? No chance of getting caught for trespassing or anything like that?

the place is actually posted no trespassing.
However the entire property is owned by a historical society, so its only very loosely patrolled by police. the place is so huge though, with lots of buildings, trees, tall grass, and very few fences. Its really easy to stay outa sight until you get inside a building.

I'm sure that the larger part of them wanting to keep people off the grounds, is cuz a couple of the buildings are considered rather "unsafe" what with them being damaged by time, as well as a serious fire back in 07. However, Setsuna and I have no plans at all to venture inside any of the more decrepit buildings. all the buildings we have been visiting are either newer, or ones that were kept up to standard until the entire site was abandoned.

posted or not, as long as explorers are smart, and do their research before venturing onto old grounds like this, they shouldn't have any trouble.

it really becomes apparent I think, that the older buildings deeper into the grounds like the morgue and theater house. Are really only being visited by people honestly interested in them to appreciate what they are, as well as the history. because you hardly see ANY vandalism, visitor damage, or graffiti in or around these simple but cooler buildings. and you find a lot more cool little treasures left behind on purpose like the notebook in the morgue. no, all the jerks who visit seem to stick to the really large main building near the sites entrance. prob why the few cops who do drive around the grounds, pretty much park right next to that building and sit for a while. honestly, we didn't see any evidence of any patrols at all around the smaller buildings deeper into the site.

as a side note....
we actually live in a REALLY historic area, with lots of really old buildings(many still being used) and cool sites. after having as much fun visiting the old psyche center as we did, I think Set and I plan to make this a constant thing, visiting old places like this. since you guys seem so interested, we will def post all our reports up here. I already have a few other sites in mind that should be really similar in awesomeness as the psyche ward, so stay tuned.
"do you know what this is? neither do I, I made it in my sleep...I put a button on it. I wish to press it, but I don't know what it would do" - Gune from Titan AE
Indeed, Dee and I will be doing this pretty much whenever the weather permits. I first went into this as something to build a couple neat memories on. You know, "Hey, remember that time we snuck into that old crazy house?" Except now I'm hooked, and I'm sure it goes without saying that Deemer is, too.

I'm really looking forward to some more exploring this weekend. But with the crap weather we're supposed to have (Hurricane Irene) it may be a short day, if we do anything at all. Perhaps if the power doesn't go out, we can just splice together all the video we've gotten so far.

Every time we go, we learn something new about urban exploring. Like how you need to bring food and water. THIS IS NOT AN OPTION. And also silence your cellphone. Keep your wits about you, and be alert. Cops aren't as bad as gang members or pipe thieves.

It's also really surreal to see the graffiti tags of the people who post online about it. You'll be researching the place, and one guy will have all the answers and lots of tips on how to get in or not get caught or what to see. Then you'll see his posts were made back in '01 or something...

Then you go to the places he talked about, and there it is. A simple graffiti tag with his name. That doesn't sound like much, but it's a pretty cool experience, I think.

Wow, REALLY cool stuff guys. Looking forward to new content. And the it really sounds exciting too!
I love how people come and go without completely thrashing the place. Nothing like what you'll see here...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Call Center AC Pilots? vhayste 9 8,742 12-27-2007, 03:46 AM
Last Post: Fox