Current time: 03-29-2024, 01:21 AM
Front Mount Barrells on Ac's
What are they really?
Exclamation 
I dont know if anyone said something about this but I wanna bring this up. Why in the hell do these ac's have front mount barrels on the core but have no function....Seriously you think if you run out of ammo you could use these as a last resort but they dont work. They are also on the model kits but still dont serve a purpose. Are they for show or do they secretly work and no one figured out how to used them?
Your death sentence is to die by the hands of my anger. My anger is relentless, you can run but its worthless and the furious angels will bring you back to me with your head on a pike for the world to see as I rip you to shredds with my wings of destruction....
Ah, those barrels, all on Crest cores, are supposed to be the AMS, the anti missile systems on those cores. If you notice, crest cores tend to shoot a laser beam towards oncoming missiles from the front.
ok then but why make them look like they would shoot shell rounds in instead of laser. No one i gonna think " I'm gonna shoot the missiles with the barrel in my chest instead of dodging it like everyone or i could shoot it down" and another thing why didnt they put that function in to the armored core game until ac 4. Wouldve made better sense.....Sorry just ranting over here..
Your death sentence is to die by the hands of my anger. My anger is relentless, you can run but its worthless and the furious angels will bring you back to me with your head on a pike for the world to see as I rip you to shredds with my wings of destruction....
The AMS function's been around since AC1. Well, we don't actually know what laserguns might look like in real life, instead for the smaller box styled ones we currently have. Those are human sized, and could strip naked a tank, while those on ACs are a little bigger and longer because of the barrel.
'Signatures are overrated.'

Laser

The laser sound annoy me as well.
ok then, just didnt really understand the purpose of them...always though why cant i shoot this?
Chance based missile interception. The only way to use them is to face 'em incoming missiles while backpedaling.
The e2 has the highest intercept rate.
'Signatures are overrated.'

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Formula Front PSP Frustrations Sforza 9 10,455 06-20-2008, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Black Dragon