Current time: 03-28-2024, 09:23 PM
high performance laptops
Every 'high performance' laptop I've seen has a battery life of like 1-2 hours, and within a year you won't be able to turn them on unless you keep them plugged into a wall. It's not a good look to me honestly.

How about the thought of getting a more mobile and efficient laptop with a dedicated gaming tower? You get the best of both worlds there really.
hmm depends on what your rendering but yeah more less you need a lot of hardware strength

some times though a laptop will do depending also on how detailed the 3d thing your working is on especially when start getting to uber detailed characters/backgrounds >_<
Blink

"right now i'm modelling four mega high detailed mesh for texturing."

i wonder how complex a object/mesh your working on XD

which reminds me just curious you made that models on your signature thing on your lower right?
(08-02-2011, 10:39 PM)RoninFang Wrote: "right now i'm modelling four mega high detailed mesh for texturing."

i wonder how complex a object/mesh your working on XD

Lol yeah makes me wonder too. Aren't you supposed to work around polygon limits when working with game models?

@jin
hmmm try using normal maps, if your using displacement map since displacement maps deform the mesh according to the gray-scale values on your map so yeah that would really require a lot of processing power

"when you're modeling with zbrush, the texture quality of your 3D model varies on the polygon count of your model. if your polygon count is low, your texture is pixelated or also in low quality. when the polygon count is high, the texture quality of your model is also high. one polyface is equivalent to one pixel."

true true some people are most to the zbrush then 3dmax/maya workflow

but have your tried starting from 3dmax/maya then getting the base mesh to a workable shape/poly first then sculpt in zbrush...then bake your maps?

since this is a more common approach for movies/games/animated3dcartoons and such

@ja Magong:
"Lol yeah makes me wonder too. Aren't you supposed to work around polygon limits when working with game models? "

depends on the studio and game required, the poly count keeps changing from my experience but yeah if its a game theres always a poly and texture map limit

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Best Gaming Laptops on TPC Sforza 8 10,861 09-06-2008, 11:45 PM
Last Post: Grim