Current time: 03-29-2024, 08:33 PM
IronMountain
- It's not easy to take down an iron mountain.
AC Name: IronMountain

H: YH13-LONGHORN - 4 Cooling, 6 Energy Def
C: CR-C83UA - 7 Cooling, 3 Energy Def
A: CR-A89AG - 8 Cooling, 2 Shell Def
L: CR-LH81AP - 10 Max Leg Weight

G: G01-LOTUS/CR-G91 - 10 Output
R: ANANDA - 10 Energy Drain
B: B03-VULTURE2 - 4 Boost Power, 6 Boost Accel

FCS: MF03-VOLUTE2
RA: CR-WH76B
LA: JITEN
RH: CR-WH69H
LH: YWL16LB-ELF3
Back: WB18M-CENTAUR
Ext: CR-E96RMG
Ins: I05D-MEDUSA

OP:
O01-ANIMO
CR-O69ES
CR-O69SS
CR-O75LA
CR-O79L+
O03-CODON

Color:
B 035/035/035
A 065/065/065
O 010/010/010
D 200/200/200 - H: 200/000/000
J 120/120/120

This AC is intented for 2v2 matches but still functions well in 1v1.

For 2v2, his role is mainly as an artillery and support unit, chunking off a lot of AP with the Centaurs and ground torpedoes and with massive AP at 9773, he becomes a good mobile wall after spam-dropping the missiles.
Speed is also not an issue at 220kph for something overweight, it gains something at 270-300+ after purging the missiles and shield.

For 1v1, spam-drop the missiles, followed by the shield for extra speed.

In my experience in operatin him, missiles aren't much of a problem. He has enough speed to dodge most attacks. Cooling's pretty high [18k+] as well for something without Marishi, making it an 'optional' optional part. The defense rating? Something at par with ObsidianRock's at over 2.5k shell def and better energy def at -1.8k.

Offense-wise, given that the opponent is/are not a dual wielder/s, IronMountain works quite well.
My beloved ground torpedo + vertical missile combination divides attention and good leg breakage too.
Basically, it's either they lose their legs or lose their head, lose their radar or lose their mobility. Either one's a lesser evil.
I tried the RL on him, but I'm going for something that kicks harder. Either 76B [low weight, good firing rate] or BP works well [power] with the setup.

Kudos to Atdsutm for bringing him down, not twice, but thrice, with me laughing my ass off with amazement. That Ogre [the beam rifle] truly deserves its name. Won once out of three matches with Fox's since what he used was a accursed lightning bruiser build. Against units under the same set of rules, it fares quite well though.

I just noticed. This is my first design post after 2 years. wow.

Edit:
Added some stuff like the tunes and optional parts.
'Signatures are overrated.'
parang kahawig ng tangke ko yan ha? well ok din un hehe
if you know yourself and your enemy you will never fear the results of a hundred battles if you know yourself but not the enemy for every victory you will suffer a defeat if you dont know yourself neither your enemy you will lose at every battle.<br />sun tzu, the art of war
You can try F69 for a bigger lockbox with the bazooka. Or maybe even MONJU for good compatibility with the bazooka as well as quick lock-on time with the missiles. Smile

You probably don't need the SS optional part. The KISSYOH or the MARISHI might be more valuable.

Oh and the AP is a humanoid leg, isn't it'? In that case, the hangered 69H will have to go. Sad But from there, you can probably bump the bazooka up to B2 or 81G. Maybe even BP!

edit: Your AC is a Gandaaaaams!
At least get it to around 350kph after centaur drop. Some weight tunes would be nice, and even a larger lockbox to further your chances in cqc-- Monju is actually a great FCS for single wielding SP locks that need fast missile lock time. Getting rid of elf3 hangar would be helpfull too. I see no reason to run Jiten over Suiten.

Perhaps with those weight drops, you can get away with running BP.
^ Agreed at gandamns AC.

Managed to try it out. Aside from being aesthetically frightening, its pretty okay. But I still stand by my opinion that even though it COULD be used for 1v1, it's armament is more more suited for 2v2, as a support unit.
We already tested this out in a team environment (albeit against a pack of LIGERs, GOATs and others from the VR series). It works really well as a support unit. It just needs someone to draw the fire from the aggressor team so that it can hang back while pincering away with the missile system.

It ain't bad as single-play frame either. Tongue
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
I don't think you'll ever get someone to draw fire away from it. Something that slow just beckons everybody to double team it for a quick and easy kill.
well i wish i try fight this thing head on one day serene another tank battle you like?
if you know yourself and your enemy you will never fear the results of a hundred battles if you know yourself but not the enemy for every victory you will suffer a defeat if you dont know yourself neither your enemy you will lose at every battle.<br />sun tzu, the art of war
Ely, Iron Mountain is a heavyweight biped. Hindi siya tank. But it might as well be. Tongue
ah ok ba sorry kala ko tank eh di na ako familiar sa parts
Yung Superbia ni Fox na lang ang i-challenge mo. Smile
ok cge sa monday try ko
(06-06-2011, 10:08 PM)NiX Wrote: You can try F69 for a bigger lockbox with the bazooka. Or maybe even MONJU for good compatibility with the bazooka as well as quick lock-on time with the missiles. Smile

You probably don't need the SS optional part. The KISSYOH or the MARISHI might be more valuable.

Oh and the AP is a humanoid leg, isn't it'? In that case, the hangered 69H will have to go. Sad But from there, you can probably bump the bazooka up to B2 or 81G. Maybe even BP!

edit: Your AC is a Gandaaaaams!

GANDAMS!!!

I never thought of the Monju. I'll try it out.
It needs the SS. It won't soak as much damage as it already can if I take it off.
Well, there goes my handgun. Taking it out allows us to handle a BP if he's on a Lotus. Domo
Unfortunately, the BP has a really slow reload. That's why I chose the 76B over it.

(06-07-2011, 08:20 AM)your mom Wrote: I don't think you'll ever get someone to draw fire away from it. Something that slow just beckons everybody to double team it for a quick and easy kill.

Fox and I did it this way:
1. Expend all verts and GTs on one target. If we end up doing FF, that's 1 AC down or crippled.
2. After dropping the Centaur and MG, rush to the front and stay as close to the enemy as possible, with ally making sure to stay behind me or out of the opponent's line of sight.

It works both in theory and in practice. If they try to double team me and Iron Mountain, all I can do is trust whoever I'm with to get me out of that situation by doing a counter focus fire. That and I can always drop the MG for extra speed, to at least survive a while longer [like that's gonna happen] during the exchange.

Like I said 'It's not easy to take down an iron mountain'. Unless one or two of the guys you're against decided to FF on you with energy weapons.
Defense in last raven is paper thin though, even with high ap and defense you'll still get taken out pretty fast by a double team of high-damaging weapons. I think the design could be rather great, it just needs to be fast enough to contend.

(06-08-2011, 05:40 AM)your mom Wrote: Defense in last raven is paper thin though, even with high ap and defense you'll still get taken out pretty fast by a double team of high-damaging weapons. I think the design could be rather great, it just needs to be fast enough to contend.

I agree on you on that, as I've already put those in account while I'm conceptualizing and testing the design. In fact, his loses are from ACs armed with energy based weapons or high DPS dual wielders.

1800 points of energy defense doesn't help much if hit too frequently, making emergency purging back weapons and extensions a last resort when shit happens.

And there goes those strategies. Everybody knows what they're gonna do now.