Current time: 03-29-2024, 09:17 PM
Assault Suits Valken 2
Okay, okay, this is a PS ONE game. No English version came out.

Anyway, back in the days, I played this game, and finished it, without understanding a single thing about the storyline except those revealed in cinematics (which were good for its time).

Btw, this game was good. I enjoyed it even if I didn't understand a thing. Front Mission 3 is definitely better than this, but it's second to it, in my books for its time.

One day back then, I recall looking for a translation and found one (this is after playing the game). Thinking that I wouldn't need it, I didn't save it. But now, after remaking my Exzas AC, I'm having an urge to play the game again. Problem is that I can't seem to find a translation of the game anymore online. If anyone out there has a file or in print of the translation of the game, I'd greatly appreciate it if I can borrow/have it. I'd even gladly pay for it (Php100?).

Help! Thanks.
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
I didn't even know that there was a translation patch!!! I'm a fan of the Leynos/Valken series of games because of their cool mech designs.

I've played Assault Suits Leynos 2 for the SS back then as well which is a spin-off of the series. <a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxpLi7k0FVQ' target='_blank'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxpLi7k0FVQ</a>

Its too bad I can't help you since I lost my copy of ASV2 (Which is one of the few games for the PSone that I took special care off along side Armored core)
I don't think there was a translation patch. If my memory serves me right (quoted: Takeshi Kaga.. LOL!), I saw some FAQ which had the game's script, walkthrough, game mechanics translated into .txt. The thing is, I'm not confident if my memory is serving me right.

LOL Rick probably likes the Valken series cuz all their mechs look like heavies. Hahah.
Smile) You guessed it! I think it started when I brought the game Metal Warriors for the SNES, which is a Valken/Leynos game IIRC in Japan (Although made in the US by Lucas Arts, an plays exactly like the Assault Suits Leynos 2 vid).
Off-topic, but yeah that Metal Warriors game was FUN. Even the versus mode was a blast! Hahah makes sense that that game was a port-over... Americans could never make a decent mecha game.
I liked this game. I managed to get to the stage where you get back to the Exzas after it was damaged from atmospheric re-entry. Though I gave up because I don't understand the story much (having a hard time with translations)
[Image: nines.jpg]
The last fight was one of the best ones in the game. You'd be using both Exzas Alpha and Beta to take on that whatever thingy bad guy. Too bad Exzas Gamma (was it Gamma? Can't remember if that's the right Greek letter) wasn't there.

Sasali yung piloto ng Beta? Amf! Dapat tinuloy ko! (teka Alpha ba iyon? alam ko babae yung piloto...)
[Image: nines.jpg]
The pink Exzas was Gamma yata.. Babae yun pilot. The Black Exzas, Beta, has a guy pilot and so does Alpha, the white Exzas (hero mech).

Hmm. Currently downloading the file. I'll probably play this game later or tomorrow. I only played the SNES version though. XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Lord_Leperman 14 17,997 10-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Mjting
  apache air assault atdsutm 0 2,799 11-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Last Post: atdsutm
  Ace Combat: Joint Assault Lord_Leperman 7 9,516 04-25-2010, 11:41 PM
Last Post: Black Dragon