optionals
AMINO
069ES
071EC
075LA
079L+
CODON
MARISHI

Another frame i've been testing while trying to reacquaint myself with the game and playing around with weapon combinations i've never tried before. Apparently, an RL with a lefty HP plus the GAEA makes for a pretty good damage-racer bot, plus the missile combo ain't too shabby either. Is this good enough or are there better parts that can be swapped out?
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
^ mistook this one for Foxeye at first glance =/

NYMPHE, huh...? I'd say KARURA instead, but that's just my personal preference. H3 would probably be a better choice than HP, too. And... R92 instead of ANANDA? A better choice for boosters would be GULL or even TP, IMO...
Thanks for those recommendations but i'd hafta say no. KARURA... well, most pilots will just dance around those missiles. The HP is there to bump up the size of the lockbox and for support fire, not as the main damage-dealer, unless it's the endgame. R92 is just to be different since the ANANDA is on almost every AC i've come up with. Finally, GULL runs too hot on the frame and internals, so picked the V2 instead. As for the TP, i don't wanna grow too accustomed to it. Those boosters are too much of a crutch for me. I don't want to rely on getting used to something that top-tier.

Anyways, thanks for the input. I'll test this frame out tomorrow with you during the meet. Tongue
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
^ looking forward to it. Big grin

Oh, so that's why my lockbox is so big... @_@ *runs PIXIE2/3+H3

Still, I'd go for H3 with hangered HP underneath. xP And yeah, Gull unfortunately has a way of cooking your AC with that kind of heat. ><
Hangared hps and h3s are banned btw panda. I know it's just casual play stuff, but most of us have this embedded in our heads already. and no tp on a dual wielder Smile) wanna go tp? go single wield.

I also think that nymphie is better than karura(or most micros for that matter), but that's just personal preference. faster missiles, way less drain, less weight. Karura should be good for 2v2 matches though, where there are blind spots to a target when distracted.

I don't know about the R92, but most ac staples run perfectly fine with ananda. so might as well stick to it. switching to another RAD will prolly mess up something somewhere.
@ Mark (right? Smile)

Yeah, I only found that out today, courtesy of Nix and co. >< TP's kinda standard issue among my designs, as are the H3 sidearms. I believe our dear friend Fox called it the crutch which I've grown accustomed to.

Same goes for the Karuras, in my case - almost all my designs have at least one of them. I've only recently begun to explore other missile launchers, and Nymphe and Satyros, at least, are actually pretty good - though I find having to wait for the lock to max out troublesome. Smile

@ Fox

I was wondering why I didn't see this design in action today. @_@
@panda: yes I'm mark. :p

nah, maxing out locks aren't really needed. it just makes it all the more predictable. Want the best misslie system in the game? pick the 69m. best missile pack.

Yes, don't get used to using tp except against the AI(It IS SORT of a crutch as you'll eventually get used to using super fast acs that dance around everything, only to be surprised that stuff actually hits you when you switch to the allowed parts. Also, smart and strategic play outside of back pedaling and stepping outside of opp's optimum range gets thrown out of the window). thing is too goodLOL, which is why I want to talk to nix and rick about completely banning it in a revised regulation set, instead of it being a soft ban and just being something everyone agrees on not using. Even with the single wield rule, a 400-500 kph AC is just impossible to hit. Might as well remove it to keep people from "maximizing chances of winning through a loophole".
The funny thing is, I'd already got used to Gull for a while, and then I switched to TP after seeing the massive difference. Switching back, the difference was jarring.

*scene: Me vs. Nix, earlier. Round 1 (TP), I won. Round 2 (Gull), he won*

Something like that. ^^;;
haha. See the difference? Try to get accustomed to that from now on. Never really fair to be using broken stuff. EXCEPT for stupid ai bosses. lol.

Btw, i bet they told you that h3 is banned. no matter what. LOL.

But yeah, try to build within the confines of tourney rules. makes for very interesting stuff too, as you have to be careful of what you pick, not just OMGIPICKBESTSHITINGAME.
(05-01-2011, 12:40 AM)Evil Panda Wrote: @ Fox
I was wondering why I didn't see this design in action today. @_@

Well, i was going to use this against you. Raring to, actually, during our first couple of rounds. Until i noticed one thing amongst the frames you were bringing out - the proliferation of TP on all of them. The thing is, most of my frames are semi-loaded out midweights, that are designed to technically outgun most of the competition (provided that they can hit them), and will all have no chance of keeping up with an underweighted lightweight that goes from naught to a hundred kph to over four hundred kph in less than two seconds. There's just no contest.

The thing is, i'll hold off on fighting you for now. Until you get around to weaning yourself off of TP and diversifying your parts choice. That's what we meant by "growth" in creating ACs. Nothing wrong with specializing in the use of a certain type, it's just that you'll only be limiting yourself in the long run. Compared to how you were last year, your piloting at this point looks sharp enough to tango with most of the rankers here in the Republic, that's a good thing. Once you start following the general PACT rules that most of RR rolls with, we can start trading bullets again. Guns

Savvy? Shades
Panda, just so you know, I was mostly using the shittiest ACs in my garage. Don't dwell on those "wins" so much.

Get yourself a proper AC first.
^ I'm not dwelling. Smile What you guys said stuck, though, and I'll take it to heart. ^^
Glad to hear that from yah! looking forward to matches with you then! LOL

Also, since, the recent posts here are so not in relation to fox's aeterna, can these be moved to an lr balance thread? thanks! lawl.
This thread's already been derailed since yesterday. Facepalm

EDIT - and i have this funny feeling in my left nut that it's gonna get even more derailed soon. Fear
Damnit, i just realized that i never really got much constructive criticism at all for this frame. Come on, people!