Current time: 04-26-2024, 05:16 AM
RPG Metanoia
Maybe I'll just look for a torrent of it after the movie settles down a bit. At least, expectations might lower if I don't watch it in a movie theater.
The credits repeated the same names nearly twice/thrice everytime XDDD
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
A cousin of mine said he'd burn me a disc this weekend. I'll have my airsoft rifle on standby while watching it, in case the disc disappoints.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
XD

".__., but the animators show promise. Only if they manage to get better hardware?

It looked like the work of a team of hard-working (graduating) college students o__o. They could have hired better voice actors, since RL actors act mostly by expression, not by voice. Half the time it seemed like watching an abridged cartoon ._.

XD hmm a few facts to remember
even just a animated short it takes a lot of people or a lot of time...hmmm especially pag 3d ( as in everything the backgrounds, the characters, rigging, dynamic effects, layers, textures etc) if only one person is working on it if your aiming for quality...basta matagal Tongue believe i know i do 3d art

heck even in the states ive talked to artist, conventions and such here and there through forums and such

Rushed and lame, to sum it up in one breath."

about the rushed and lame part i think when got the chance to talk to the director around halfway through the production star cinema bought it

"It looked like the work of a team of hard-working (graduating) college students o__o. "

for that part theres a explanation why it turned out that way it started out just a group of friends wanting to make a movie all of them or most of them had full time work to worry about so they kinda worked on it after hours of work...

so imagine your whole team half of their days they have work and only have half of the rest of the day to work on the movie hindi pa kasama paano kung mag mga overtime sa office

"Only if they manage to get better hardware?"

their running on pc withs just 2gigs ram (for rendering 3d ram is usually what is more important with 2gig ram that will take a while to render Tongue)even the softwares they had to work it ish old maya 7 i think let me put it this way my computer i use is stronger than theirs even the software i use is more updated

industry standard ram is usually 8 gig now a days so they had to work with 1/4 of industry standard

so in shorter terms they cant go fully detailed backgrounds, characters and if even if they wanted to due to deadlines and hardware limitations

as for funding remember it was only bought by star cinema halfway through the production meaning for half of the movie they had to spend their "own" money
so bandang 1st half...what funding? they had to burn their own pockets to make this happen

as for the voices problem is since half way through the production it was bought by star cinema so yeah unfortunately since star cinema bought it they have the rights which actors/actress to put it but one the good side at least it was released

" I'll have my airsoft rifle on standby while watching it, in case the disc disappoints."

just dont assume it will be as good as most intertional films you have to take in consideration the conditions they had work with

and guys another final note youd have to remember this is the first so far give heck even companies like pixar, blue skies (ice age etc this studio started out as a advertising firm for ilang years) etc when they started out they couldnt make a full length movies they were just stuck with animated shorts or just animation test renders and those are already and ive seen un mga una gawa ng pixar as in before they started making full length movies...>_< they didnt look pretty either...scary baby...and the 1 minute sensless dancing raptor Tongue

you have to remember also studios like the ones that produce "legend of chunli" stuff
they are movie/film production house so yan talaga trabaho nila 24/7
to make movies Tongue
this was just a group of friends wanting to make a movie heck it wasnt even a dedicated film/vfx studio that handled this movie

i am not saying you guys should like the movie
but take in consideration the conditions they had to work with
before making any early judgements

as haywire put it "The credits repeated the same names nearly twice/thrice everytime XDDD "

XD see thats how short handed sila patalon talon sila ng work load XD so imagine mo load ng 2 to 3 poeple bibigay mo sa isang tao tapos may full time work pa siya kialan problemahin tapos paano kung panay overtime pa ikaw sa work mo ilang hours na lng matitira to work on the movie and wala din funding un movie sa first half imagine working on those conditions and your talking about making a full movie all the way from concept, floor plans for the city/towns etc, story boards,story, concept to the finish line the full blown thing heck even ung simplest scene nila had 30 layers or so (in a movie/film/vfx/cinematics naka separate ang bawat element/aspect ng shot/scene) of compositing na kailan ayusin XD
(12-30-2010, 05:51 PM)Fox Wrote: A cousin of mine said he'd burn me a disc this weekend. I'll have my airsoft rifle on standby while watching it, in case the disc disappoints.

I wanna see. Well, not you shooting at the disc. Burn me one too please.
'Signatures are overrated.'
Better have him lend you the disc instead man, it'd be too much of a waste if you actually had to burn it.
(12-31-2010, 08:35 AM)arch_angel Wrote: Better have him lend you the disc instead man, it'd be too much of a waste if you actually had to burn it.

LOLLOLLOLLOL
It was that bad?
'Signatures are overrated.'
(12-31-2010, 12:36 AM)RoninFang Wrote: wall

I do get most of your points, and what they did is a step in the right direction, even with being short of time and people. What I didn't like is how the 'big shot cinema people' handled the production. They barely helped the 30 man team at all, to put it bluntly.

So for the most part, I am blaming the bigshots. Considering what they had to work with, the animators deserve more credit, so to speak. Tongue
yep big shot people fucked it up.
they are clueless.
suits. =D

*insert multi million hollywood fail movies*
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
"So for the most part, I am blaming the bigshots. Considering what they had to work with, the animators deserve more credit, so to speak."

yeah i agree with this...but no only the animators in my opinion pretty much the whole team deserve a lot more credit than star cinema/big shots...at least one of the good things that came out of it, the movie got released and more or less noticed by the public

Let me rephrase that.. "Considering what little they had to work with.."

Publicity is a good step forward too.
"thats before 3d maya was created pixar(john lasseter) don't even have a proper 3d model maker before and yet hes making "a good 3d animation" possible."

you have a point but at leasts its a start everything has to start small Happy

"rendered image by image animation ang ginagamit ng mga 3d animators sa US" XD i think what you mean rendered frame per frame ahh the basics of animation Happy the same principle pag 2d animation or clay/etc
plus the 12 principles of animation every animator should master XD + acting

"built in 3d animator yata ng maya ang ginamit eh," well technically ang built or kasama sa software na animation ng maya are the dynamics/particles effects walang built in character animation ang maya you have to do that manually even then ung mga dynamic/particles effects etc ng maya are very very basic to get it to movie youd have to adjust a LOT of settings or most cases a studio will be using a different post production software thats dedicated for special effects

kinda pointless kung may software for proffesionals na may built in character animations XD kung may ganyan whats the point of having animators around XD ede parang sinasabi mo panay copy paste lng ginagawa nga mga pixar and such animators XD
XD wait a i bit confused what you meant by "animator"? are you talking about the timeline? if so every 3d/editing software has it its kinda a basic thing and for almost any software you can do simple animations like zoom out ,zoom in, follow a path, move left, right etc

the animation i was talking is something like character animation making a character sit, etc do actions more complex movement

what i meant to say is kahit anong proffesional 3d software walang built in na character actions na you can just copy paste character actions na kasama na sa software
you have to do it everything manually move each body part manually...move the hand, twist the wrist, maybe sway the body a bit etc seperately to even make the character do the simplest motions like just waving Tongue thats the job of the animators making characters alive and believable pretty much Happy and actually thats also why its not such a popular job XD ish a very specialize job

because kung meron ang software nun kinda defeats the purpose of animators, motion capture and such doesnt it? Happy

no probs, no need to apologize "sorry for getting it wrong buddy Smile"

i think we just had a simple misunderstanding ^^

"btw, do you have any details on what renderer they used in the film? if its vray, i desperately need to know the configurations for the lighting."

depends so many softwares out there, depend din sa studio different studio uses different softwares

basta industry standard is usually either autodesk maya or 3d max, maya more on film max more sa games and architecture
+ different softwares

as for vray havent played around with vray yet, but heard of it, mental ray kasi gamit ko ng rendering engine if i am aiming for a realistic/proffessional look

as for configuration sa lighting
hmmm i keep changing depending on what i need, the mood i want to potray, subject etc
depends sa situation there is no one size fits all light set up it really depends na sa scene
@ RF

Try using (QUOTE) and (/QUOTE) (change the parentheses to brackets) instead of putting them in literal quote n' quotes.

It makes it a lot easier to read >__>
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]