Current time: 03-29-2024, 08:14 PM
Monitors and TVs Discussion
Please direct all talk on TVs and monitors here.

And while you're at it, please recommend to me a good PC monitor.
As far as gaming goes, I've heard that the Sony Bravia BX300 32-inch LCD TV is a fair compromise between price and quality.

It's a tad more expensive than Samsung (5k difference IIRC), but while the color quality isn't as sharp, it has a superior refresh rate that makes it ideal for action flicks, sports programs, and of course, video gaming in general.

Not to mention it has two HDMI ports and two component ports - perfect for my PS3 and the WD media player I got a while back, and still enough room for my Sky Cable dongle Smile

I've been reading a bit, and it seems that 32-inches don't really need to go 1080P HD, given the screen's too small for anybody to notice any difference between that and 720P, and pretty much all PS3 games already run 720P by default. I recall reading a tech mag that explained people shouldn't really need to worry about 1080p res unless their screen is at least in the 40-inch range.

On a related note, I just found out that Absenon's at St Francis Square has a price slash for their LCD TV sets - can anybody confirm if the promo extends to all their branches, and which TV brands are under the promo?
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
Quote:On a related note, I just found out that Absenon's at St Francis Square has a price slash for their LCD TV sets - can anybody confirm if the promo extends to all their branches, and which TV brands are under the promo?

i think so. went to trinoma last thursday and i got a flier for their sale. sadly its only until the end of the month. sayang, ok na sana yung 11k na sharp 22"
always aim for a perfect refresh rate and good sound, i dont really care about the size of the screen
http://www.pcx.com.ph/index.php/21-5-aoc...ed-tv.html

Just bought this AOC Monitor-TV at PC Express for only P8,400.

RIDICULOUS bargain. LED, Full HD, 21.5", 5ms refresh, slim, light. It's basically a full-HD monitor that happens to have a built in TV tuner. And since it's more of a monitor, it makes for a far better second monitor to my laptop than our other LCD TVs at home. No scanlines at all and no color bleeding. Standard def TV ends up looking so grainy though, cuz the screen is so high-res.

*extremely pleased*

^____________________________^
(03-09-2011, 11:31 AM)atdsutm Wrote: always aim for a perfect refresh rate and good sound, i dont really care about the size of the screen

it would be pointless to have a very small HD screen though

@NiX

[Image: Ackbar.jpg]
You're concluding too quickly. It's not pointless when it's also used as a monitor. Your typical HD-ready TV used as a monitor only goes 1280 x 720 pixels at best. This goes the full 1920 x 1080 as a monitor. You're too cynical.

It's quite insulting because I get the impression that I'm being told that I didn't do my homework before making a purchase. And I am the absolute opposite of that as a consumer.
What I'm using as a gaming monitor is around the same size (and even has the same specs) I think. Just no TV input but dual HDMI instead. We all know it's a pretty good monitor. Anyway, congrats on the purchase.
Same here, been using something similar to NiX's and Sforza's monitor for my PC and PS3 (Samsung PX2370) after ditching the bigger LED TV, because my PS3 was just too far from my PC. Not to mention I got it for like, 12k instead of 8k and they almost have the same specs with an even lower refresh rate. LOL
Ditto. Trace-02, Sforza and me have been using the same monitors (they're actually 24-inch ones) for more than a year already. For a brand that doesn't really ring a bell to most people, it's served us pretty well.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
The the Chimei, right? What I'm saying is that we were originally looking for a TV that could sub as a dual-monitor screen, but found that most LCD TVs weren't that good at being monitors. So we ended up with a monitor that happens to also have TV functionality. And it's much cheaper than most LCD TVs with the equivalent specs.
Will definitely look into that model as a replacement for our Chimei. Nice buy.
(08-06-2011, 01:26 AM)NiX Wrote: http://www.pcx.com.ph/index.php/21-5-aoc...ed-tv.html

Just bought this AOC Monitor-TV at PC Express for only P8,400.

RIDICULOUS bargain. LED, Full HD, 21.5", 5ms refresh, slim, light. It's basically a full-HD monitor that happens to have a built in TV tuner. And since it's more of a monitor, it makes for a far better second monitor to my laptop than our other LCD TVs at home. No scanlines at all and no color bleeding. Standard def TV ends up looking so grainy though, cuz the screen is so high-res.

*extremely pleased*

^____________________________^
HOLY SHIT, sobrang sulit nyan for its price! I want one too T_T
(08-06-2011, 09:05 AM)NiX Wrote: You're concluding too quickly. It's not pointless when it's also used as a monitor. Your typical HD-ready TV used as a monitor only goes 1280 x 720 pixels at best. This goes the full 1920 x 1080 as a monitor. You're too cynical.

It's quite insulting because I get the impression that I'm being told that I didn't do my homework before making a purchase. And I am the absolute opposite of that as a consumer.

chill, its just typical RR trolling.
(08-07-2011, 03:04 PM)atdsutm Wrote: chill, its just typical RR trolling.

RR doesn't troll like that you silly. Change your FCS into something less narrow and deep.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ISP Discussion and Q&A thread Shintetsu 32 40,587 01-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Shintetsu