Current time: 03-29-2024, 12:22 AM
The Walking Dead
Anybody watching this Z-day TV series adaptation of the graphic novel of the same name? Seems right up RR's alley. I'm on the 3rd episode right now.

Started really slow, but it's starting to pick up. Not really sure what else to say right now. Great make-up and effects!
shit's so cash. just watched it with cabs last saturday. FUKKIN AWESOME. i like the korean dude
[Image: th_tumblr_lk9u9uH6yu1qbacrgo1_500.gif]
I have the three episodes here at home. Sadly, no time to watch them yet.
I've had the first episode sitting in my hard drive ever since last week but haven't gone around to watching it fully yet, just a brief skim-thru. Will try to go the whole nine yards this weekend.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
I hear it's pretty good, still have to watch it though :/
Pace of the whole thing is not so good, IMO. And this current season ends next week. Season 2 starts October NEXT YEAR. O_O

Anyway, IMO, it's not a must-watch. But hey, there are zombies.
As long as there are zombies, I'm gonna watch it. But if it's got a lot of WTF like "Survival of the Dead" I'd still watch it. (I'll stop halfway through.)

How about guns?! LOL

The nearer you go towards the light...
The greater your shadow becomes...

[Image: rational.jpg]
[Image: exteel.png]
I've seen this at FX on cable TV. It's okay to watch, but not particularly awesome. They did great on the zombie part of the show. But the story is so-so, and the pacing is bad.

Plus,
(12-01-2010, 09:57 PM)NiX Wrote: And this current season ends next week. Season 2 starts October NEXT YEAR. O_O

is there a link for the series?
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

LOL. I'll wait until it's over, something like that will eventually just make you read the comic. =D
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
Starting episode 5, this series already took a different direction from the comic. Smile
Episodes 1 & 2 were good, the episodes after that weren't.
Hope they return to form next season and be as good as the earlier episodes.
(12-18-2010, 10:20 PM)Morrissey Wrote: Episodes 1 & 2 were good, the episodes after that weren't.
Hope they return to form next season and be as good as the earlier episodes.

Yes, yes and yes, fully agreed.

Just one observation: how long can people survive without drinking water? Because he was in that hospital bed for maybe 1 or 2 weeks, and I'm willing to bet that the hospital's systems weren't working... LOL
The last episode was rather anticlimactic for me, or maybe my expectations for the season ender were just too high.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Yeah, that's what I thought too.

When Jenner said HITs I thought the whole area they were in was going to be leveled, like what a small scale atom bomb would have done or something. Turns out all they needed to do to be safe from the blast was to hide in their vehicles. So much for great expectations. LOL

Seriously though, I do hope they pick up the good pacing and suspense that was present in the first two episodes of season one, in season two. The whole writing team was fired, so for what it's worth, that might lead to better seasons ahead.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Death Note, Dead or Alive hisuka 1 3,801 02-26-2009, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Shintetsu
  Dead Snow Twin-Skies 1 3,865 01-27-2009, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Grim
  evil dead 4 / army of darkness II otakuwarren 44 34,146 08-05-2007, 01:54 AM
Last Post: otakuwarren
  Shaun of the Dead Goat 4 5,196 04-25-2007, 02:13 AM
Last Post: dreddy71