Current time: 03-28-2024, 08:23 PM
LR: Game Balance
@atdsutm
well, most back cannons would be in the damage potential range of 18,000 (things like grenades, plasmas, etc.) through 35,000 (chainguns); keep in mind that CR-YWH05R3 has a damage potential of 28,000.

standard missiles, like NYMPHIE and CR-WB69M have damage potentials of 27,540 and 31,200 respectively. and that's on weapons that weigh between 220 and 300-weight with less than 300 En drain and have standard windows. now compare that to a cannon that has weight anywhere from 450-800 weight and En drain from 200-1300 with some special, but mostly ND locks...

...yeah, missiles will offer way better damage potential to equip burden ratios, higher DPS (and that's not even considering relations), and would require less concentration than cannons. equipping one average cannon would have the same equip burden as two back missiles, such as CR-WB69M and SATYROS.

also, keep in mind that this will not "kill" quads, as the cannons not available to bipeds would be vastly superior to those that are. also, the high stability of quads would make them invulnerable to any potential stun shenanigans.

i'm sure you can tell i don't think they'd be broken at all with proper designing. also, the introduction of some cannons would make people come up with new designs that incorporate cannons, and these designs would be slower than normal.

@NiX
i'm sure you've fought clown face in the EX arena, right? well, have you ever destroyed his legs and proceeded to pound him with an HP? you know how he starts shaking like a bobble-head? that's what would happen if cannons dropped your stability to 0, and thats when ANYTHING hits you, even En weapons...yeah.

the only cannons that would have SP locks were chainguns and linearguns, but i had previously considered giving linears ND locks as well. i guess i should follow my first mind.

the cannons that would be biped accessible: CGL (or is it CG2?), SG2, LGL, GLL, SKYLLA2, GERYON2, and all LAMIA models. there would be fixes to all of these, with the exception of SKYLLA2, which would not have any changes whatsoever. when have you seen anyone equip SKYLLA2 on a tank or quad? never. wanna know why? there are much better cannon options. so why then would something like this be broken on a biped? the increased mobility of a biped is due to its often light weapon loads, and a heavy cannon will mitigate that advantage...

keep in mind, biped cannons are essentially vastly inferior versions of what is accessible to tanks and quads, but the mobility of bipeds is meant to boost their playability up anywhere from alright to pretty good, not outright crappy or godly.

EDIT:
since i do plan on making really good missiles for people who want to create dedicated schemes (i.e. not the casual missiler, decked with NYMPHIE and/or 69M + GAR), i was thinking about fixing HYDRA and HYDRA2 (to be renamed 'KRAKEN' or 'TIAMAT' as it's properties will change alot); as for HYDRA, i was thinking of this:

-increasing its mobility just enough to make it slightly less accurate than AC2-era multi missiles; casual missilers won't invest in any non-ECHIDNA2 missile this heavy, but for any build that does, it will pay off big time, as each salvo will usually hit with ALL its missiles (barring any that get swatted by CAMS or decoys). of course the lock time will get noticeably longer, like that of HYDRA2

for HYDRA2, i plan on weakening the individual missiles, like say around 250-300 ish or so, and giving it 15 or 16 ammo. i have to do a lot to its mobility as well, as the arc that the missile is sent out on initially makes it very hard for the missiles to correct themselves in enough time to actually hit.

...thoughts?
I was kidding about dropping stab to absolute zero. Big grin Just meant maybe a reduction. But either way, I'm always looking forward to updates from you! Really great job so far.
i also forgot to mention that you should also consider the parts that may go in conflict with those back cannons should they be available for bipeds

Python
Pulse Rifles
Grenade Launchers
Plasma Cannons

well anyways if you are saying all of this changes are possible then that means you are close to creating a system to debug the game fully
back pulses will have a much lower damage pot. to weight ratio, a ND lock, and they currently have significantly lower velocity. they do have to be tweaked a bit though as they have insane DPS...

the GLL is going to have the same 1000-ish ATK round as the left handed GR, 22 ammo, and the same firing interval/mag capacity/mag reload as it currently does with the same weight. it will NOT conflict with the right arm GR's...

the SKYLLA2 is lighter and way more efficient than other plasmas, but it only has 10 ammo! it will be good for rushers as they will have a great heat weapon that they can spam-drop. it really doesn't compare to the arm versions much...

as for the PYTHON, i am going to fix this gun! perfect precision, slightly higher velocity (its already actually high like HOLLOW), and higher power/lower ammo (like 900-ish ATK, 36 ammo). oh, and there will be NO back railguns for biped use...
Why don't you keep the GLL the way it is but give it 12 rounds? I'd feel that's already useful.

Speaking of the HOLLOW, I'd just bump its ammo count to 110, and I'd feel that it can compete with the SHADE in this case.

Anyway, let's see how your whole balancing plan turns out, for all we know it might be all good. :p

Got an ETA on a release?
(05-06-2011, 10:42 AM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: Speaking of the HOLLOW, I'd just bump its ammo count to 110, and I'd feel that it can compete with the SHADE in this case.

id rather have the shade get an ammo cut
@Lord_Leperman
i think many would agree that the DPS and outright imposing nature of GLL at 8 ammo is something PvP doesn't want to see on bipeds, let alone 12 ammo! and as far as a release, i'm currently working on it now; after it's finished, i'll test it out, making sure there aren't any noticeable bugs, then i'll create an addendum to the hidden stats thread with directions on how to soft mod via uLaunchelf (the best PS2 mod ever), and how to incorporate the new AC.BIN; you will of course have to actually own ACLR as i will not be giving them out...but i'm sure there are places on the web you can get it, but i didn't tell you that...

as i have a lot to do this time around, i expect testing in a week and a half. if all goes smoothly, you'll all be able to see a release in about 2-3 weeks.

@atdsutm
oh it will. by the way, i'm figuring out parts of the compression, so i'm finding much easier to predict and avoid fatal errors! it's all looking good so far, let's just hope it stays that way...
Fantastic. Really excited. Smile
um just a question, so far what are the stats that can be modified? can they be modified flexibly?

can I test and adjust out stuff on my own?
(05-07-2011, 02:50 AM)atdsutm Wrote: um just a question, so far what are the stats that can be modified? can they be modified flexibly?

can I test and adjust out stuff on my own?

any stat seen in-game, as well as ones you don't see. basically, statistical things that vary from part to part. feel free to do testing of your own; if you need any info on offsets, tips, do's and don'ts, etc. just PM me

Awesome, you just saved Armored Core when this comes out.
(05-07-2011, 03:56 AM)adiyel Wrote: any stat seen in-game, as well as ones you don't see. basically, statistical things that vary from part to part. feel free to do testing of your own; if you need any info on offsets, tips, do's and don'ts, etc. just PM me

what are those stats that can be adjusted but not seen in game?

is there anyway to port AC LRP parts into the console? i want to see those parts on the big screen

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LR: Game Frustrations NiX 70 76,840 08-24-2023, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  AC: Style balance Grim 35 43,088 12-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Last Post: DarkFury