Current time: 03-28-2024, 05:02 PM
LR: Modifying ACLR
stats not seen in-game, and other useful not-so well know info
(05-29-2011, 09:42 AM)atdsutm Wrote:
(05-29-2011, 06:26 AM)adiyel Wrote: haven't forgot about you, guys. but i'm getting ready to head off for a "work" vacation, so it'll delay the release to around early-mid april.

so will it be next year? Blink

You can never rush art. Doubled since this work of art has programming in it.

Try working with an editor, without a guide. Then set a deadline.
Then do it with trial and error to test out and confirm stat parameters and functions. Let's see if you finish it before the set deadline.

I work with map editors a lot. The major difference would be that he has nobody to actually help him out directly and consult because AC is close to uncharted territory [unless you speak Korean and the Korean you're talking to knows AC]. As a matter of fact, with all the work he's done on his own, is going smoother and faster than expected.

And don't worry, I've read through your sarcasm. This makes this a compliment for Adiyel.
'Signatures are overrated.'
@atdsutm
that's a typo! i meant the month of May! meaning in about 2 weeks!

@Serene
ahh, i appreciate that someone knows how this all goes! but truth is, i get preoccupied with a lot of very different things. if it weren't for the fact that i A) have to switch between 2 computers to do the modding and make the actual disk (i don't always have access to the second), and B) must constantly take breaks to not go nuts starring at and trying to decipher letters and numbers and make sense of them in terms of ACLR

i could have a perfectly working mod in such a shorter period of time as i spent a lot of time doing this in the past with SNES, then eventually PS1 games. it would be nice if other people understood this - english speaking people, that is. i could dump a lot of the work off on someone else!!!! truth is, though i have experience in this, i'm not a big hacker like some of the guys i used to do parallel work with. i'm not the kinda guy you see in movies that can type 70 words/minute, nor am i the kinda guy that innately understands cpu logic.

...long story short, i'll do my best, people!
Yeah, dude no worries. Smile

Since we don't have the technical knowledge to be of much help to you with this, all we can do is motivate you by letting you know that there's an appreciative audience waiting for your work. Tongue
Yeah Adiyel.

Your mod will save and hopefully unify the AC world.

Then there would be your e-mail getting flooded by the following:
a. Part Mod Requests
b. Trolls/Hate Mail - Probably from people who are jealous of your project.
c. Praises [may or may not be accompanied by Part Mod Requests]

Time to make a new e-mail addreass.
OH mighty Flying Spaghetti Monster, would you be so gracious as to bestow upon us the break value of LF71?
Fuck protoss.
Break value of every part in the game. That would actually be something useful.
(06-24-2011, 10:34 AM)LCC Wrote: OH mighty Flying Spaghetti Monster, would you be so gracious as to bestow upon us the break value of LF71?

it's 225 (refer to the first page if you want a comparison to some more common leg parts.)

always remember, though, your playstyle is nearly as important as the actual break stat itself...

What is it compared to the other quad legs though.
pls make a list of this plox Big grin, so comparing will be easier and also provide better balancing ideas O_O
ok, guys so yeah...

i know you don't see a second installment of my hack (which will be for patch), because, well, i need a break. right now i'm in the process of writing a book - and not the kind of one you dig out of your imagination. this is going to be an exhaustive study tool (like a lexicon), and i'm telling you, this is going to take a while. while i'm in the process of compiling, i'm also ironing out the changes for ACLR (which so far are looking great if i might add). to make matters more difficult, i'll be soon going back and forward between florida and alabama for work and project management training assistance (my future wife's brother - keep your fingers crossed for me Wink )

once i'm done with the compiling, i'll toss together the hack. that will be sometime in the last quarter of 2011. the book won't actually be done until late 2012 x_x yeah, i know...

PS
if you were wondering, the book is about the literary and connotative usages of normative Hebrew, with sections on classical grammatical structure and relations to other Semitic languages of the same period. and no, this isn't for college or anything.
Hey man, don't sweat it, you have our unwavering support. Looking forward to the hack! Worship
(07-13-2011, 11:14 AM)adiyel Wrote: if you were wondering, the book is about the literary and connotative usages of normative Hebrew, with sections on classical grammatical structure and relations to other Semitic languages of the same period. and no, this isn't for college or anything.

What the hell. Are you a god or something? Cool. Good luck with it.

Don't worry man. As long as it comes out way better than AC4, we'd wait for it even if it comes out at the beginning of next year or CloneZero's birthday next year [A day before Christmas].
How about one last Hoorah and supply a chart of part break values. Other people like me don't care so much about Balancing Last Raven, but just want more insight at its hidden stats.
(07-16-2011, 02:49 AM)your mom Wrote: How about one last Hoorah and supply a chart of part break values. Other people like me don't care so much about Balancing Last Raven, but just want more insight at its hidden stats.

I'd be extremely grateful for this as well. Smile
Drop it now, please. Take it to private messages if you want to.