Current time: 03-28-2024, 08:44 PM
Ronin's back ^^
Just a little advertising ^^

please pass it around to your friends and such who might be interested

http://roninfang.deviantart.com/journal/#/d4nuk25

finally open for online commissions
"sort of reminds me of starfox. start texturing it! " XD that was a bit random... that's a very old post XD

anyways read the ad...for the time being open for quick sketch commissions i need to test if my paypal works

http://roninfang.deviantart.com/journal/#/d4nuk25
haven't posted anything in a long while

http://roninfang.deviantart.com/art/MLP-...nfang&qo=0

http://roninfang.deviantart.com/art/Vict...-299823469
which reminds me

anybody here who is really good at 3d character rigging?

need to test if my 3d models are animation friendly

[Image: Lucario.jpg]

mechanized Lucario XD

[Image: jack.jpg]

samurai jack LOL XD

[Image: Fangdoddle.jpg]

my personal signature OC humanized/anthro...winged wolf with a blade thing, suppose to represent myself....something like Disney's Mickey Mouse

and most of my friends think of me as a wolf anyways

and in Phbronies they sometimes call me Fang

which is this OC

so yeah Disney has his Mickey Mouse

i have "Fang"
Bday of friend few days ago so yeah just drew this holding a bday sign thing

[Image: RancasterWip.jpg]

one of my other OC's

XD random doodles
hmmm need opinion about something

since i am not very good with graphic design

http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c...ce=message

its for a client

just wanted to make sure i manage to meet all the requirements o f the client in your opinion

instructions from the client

1. Boomerang and text 3d
2. Drop Shadow behind boomerang and boomerang fx
3. Colors: Metalic, Chrome, Silvers, Grays

"Boomerang 3d solid, in a Chrome Metal with a drop shadow behind"

"Boomerang logo and text embossed 3d effect"
what have been up to lately...

next thing i need to improve on...

making better normal maps...

no more problems in 3d modeling...

just a little more practice in texturing almost there

getting a lot more online freelance gigs than usual now yey Happy

[Image: WallpaperVersion-1.jpg]

[Image: RenderDiffuseOnly.jpg]

^ this one isnt meant for mobile games...this is is roughly at 10k polys or tris thats not including the wings...this dragon like creature has wings just didnt have space to render them in

also this dragon creature is using is diffuse, spec and displacement...so yeah this dragon 3d model thing is not meant for mobile gaming

[Image: Renders.jpg]

[Image: GunTest_zps5141f4d8.jpg]

WIP

just trying out texturing this time a gun

not yet done texturing it

also the 3d model isnt mine for this gun just downloaded it from one of those websites with stock 3d model for texture practice
Mass Effect! XD
not sure if its an official 3d from the game highly doubt probably fan made XD

i was just browsing the net for premade 3d models without textures so i focus on practicing my texturing skills ^^ and i figured i havent tried texturing some sort of gun before
Your game models look way better than what I was able to make earlier this year LOL
Btw do you paint on the models directly(using mudbox, 3D-coat, etc) or do you use photoshop?
XD

well its is kinda my career/job and my passion

so i have to be good at it of course...sometimes i get 2d paid freelance works but more often 3d since 3d is more my specialty, 2d is just secondary for me

still have a lot to learn though

Btw do you paint on the models directly(using mudbox, 3D-coat, etc) or do you use photoshop?
depends on the 3d model usually if its a low poly i avoid using a 3rd party software but when it becomes high poly then ill use zbrush

anyways next small issue i need to work on...
re-topologizing a high poly to a low poly model
[Image: GunMarmosetTesT_zps94ef3332.jpg]

testing the gun in Marmoset

so if the 3d gun was in a game engine this is probably how it is going to look like in game
[Image: Renders-1_zps85391a9d.jpg]
paid quick artwork for a game coming out for the ipad/android around april ^^ some sort of physics game, parang angry birds na 3d but you use some sort of ships cannon etc everything was already made the studio just needed the ship platform thing na lng
so full time is still a bust for now (yeah so one of the studios i applied for...so yeah i am self taught so what if i dont have a game design degree should it matter if i can do the job...i feel like disney in a way...studios/companies telling him he has no creativity etc when he started out)...but freelance is pilling up :3

"No problem, feel free to join when ever your ready. I will always be working on something. I also have plans for making a possible sequel to what I am already working on. Maybe we can work on something with that along those lines in the near future if you don't have the time now.
Your work is definitely impressive, I will definitely be on the lookout for you."

"[1/10/2013 12:04:20 AM] Josh Minger: would you like to join my upcoming freelance team?
[1/10/2013 12:04:27 AM] Josh Minger: more details on it soon
[1/10/2013 2:11:39 AM] Roninfang: sure though ill need to see if i have time to take on more projects currently working with 2 freelance projects but thanks for the offer at least ^^
[1/10/2013 2:12:12 AM] Josh Minger: Smile"

random note on current paid wip (so a little sneak peak on a game working on :3 i am getting paid now per artwork to do the 3d art for the whole game ) for an ipad game (limit is 7k tris for everything same/similar art style as tales of series) kinda reminds me of a gender bent version of Rikku from final fantasy 10

[Image: Onescreenshot_zpsa2c7fd13.jpg]

[Image: AgilSketchColored_zps88df2125.jpg]
personal artwork
something just for fun and maybe a bit of stress relief from doing 3d stuff...so yeah my idea of taking a break from making art...is making more art XD LOL

so yeah dont specialize much in 2d art but still do it at times just for fun and just to refresh on anatomy and painting skills and such...since at times i have to manually
paint on the textures for the 3d models

and as you can tell this artwork still has a long way to go till its done
WIP artwork

timberwolf from mlp:fim head

practicing a bit of high-poly to low poly workflow (ps3,console games etc)

this is a high poly model retopo to a low poly model optimizing for gaming

[Image: TestRenderOne_zps09b783e8.jpg]

[Image: TestRenderTwo_zps79d10efd.jpg]
random personal artworks i am trying to finish...after this i think i need to make some human characters/faces lately rarely been making human art XD

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/ro...derOne.jpg