Current time: 03-29-2024, 04:55 PM
Audiophilia
WowShock.. Thanx Jake. Going to mall nowSmile
This is also a punishment for you.
You will be the defender of justice and wear a mask forever,
you won't be able to live as yourself.
You will sacrifice all your happiness for the world.. Eternally..
(Last words to Zero - Lelouch Vi Britania)
Jake, you are the master of this thread. Smile
Thanks? That made me feel like... a geek. Ermm

(09-16-2010, 02:40 PM)Doom Trigger Wrote: WowShock.. Thanx Jake. Going to mall nowSmile

TPC actually has a lot of good stuff too, especially for Senns. Would be useful to compare items on amazon too before buying them brand new; for example, never buy from Power Mac Center. They often have more than 100% mark-up on their headphones. It's like a buttrape the rich store Tongue
How much of a mark-up do in-mall stores usually add? Coz i'm starting to wonder if i should've gotten my Sennheisers from TPC instead of that shop in Park Square.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
BTW one of my friends is selling a Koss PortaPro 25th anniversary ed. for 3.5k Smile It's probably the best audiophile investment you can make apart from SR-60s

(09-16-2010, 09:55 PM)Fox Wrote: How much of a mark-up do in-mall stores usually add? Coz i'm starting to wonder if i should've gotten my Sennheisers from TPC instead of that shop in Park Square.

As far as I know, the difference in price for most of the shops at Park Square isn't as insane. It might have to do with rent reasons too as PMC shops are in all the expensive/high end malls.

Update. Sold ES7s, bought 2nd hand Senn HD-25-1 IIs in return. Yep, those. Everything people say about them are true =_=

Will be selling Grado SR80s within the week.
(09-17-2010, 01:20 AM)Sforza Wrote: BTW one of my friends is selling a Koss PortaPro 25th anniversary ed. for 3.5k Smile It's probably the best audiophile investment you can make apart from SR-60s

This is nifty. I love the look of that black metal version. Tell your friend that he can wait 2 months, I'll get it from him.

Probably won't happen though. LOL
Last Saturday, I met up with the local supplier of FiiO and Soundmagic products. He accompanied the buyer of my ATH-ES7 headphones.

Was able to test out a few of their new products. They all sounded awesome for their price. The PL50 was of the same or slightly better quality than my Shure SE310 IEMs which were double the price. The foldable P10 headphone has really good instrument separation and way above average definition for its price, despite being a little lacking in the bass department. They both had good bass; just wasn't strong enough. I even liked the P10 better than the b ass heavy foldable AKGs I've heard.

You can find their products here:
http://www.tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=6465739
ATH-ESW9 recable done by one of members from Headphiles.

Mine is on the right.
[Image: Pic4580-1.jpg]

Changes done were a new Neutrik 3.5mm plug and braided silver with teflon insulation instead of just copper cables.

The notes I wrote on Headphiles;
Quote:Notes on the Blackwing recabled ESW9, more forward mids, better attack, much better imaging but brighter as a whole, better clarity, same soundstage, same bass, seems a little artificial because separation is a bit to the extreme left and right now. Some people might misinterpret it as wider soundstage, but not in my opinion because the balance is unnatural for my tastes. They still retain the signature ESW9 sound, but it isn't as pronounced as before. Rock music is actually playable on them now, but they still lose out to the HD25 because of the mids.

I'm still trying to get used to the sound atm; never thought a recable would be able to make such a difference.

Edit: Actually, everything seems to be more forward. I remember writing something about the ESW9 seemed veiled with stock cables. That's not true anymore. It actually sounds as if I'm standing on the stage with the singer in my face now. It sounds a little weird on R&B songs with a lot of bass because the headphones make it seem as if the bass is coming out of thin air in a live performance. As stereotypical as it is to say this, it's like mixing an ESW9 and a Grado together.

Verdict: They sound a LOT better now (as if they didn't sound good before)
Audio gear pimp of the day:

KSC75 clip-ons (pictured is a recabled pair)
[Image: ksc75s.JPG]

Their appeal: SR-60 Grado-ish sound quality for only 1200 pesos. Can be repainted to blue or red if you want to look like your favorite Persona 3 characters LOL Easily available at 5th ave telecom shops.
Oh man, I want to have my (soon to be bought) pair recabled as well. Did it cost you much, Sforza?
(09-29-2010, 07:13 PM)Shintetsu Wrote: Oh man, I want to have my (soon to be bought) pair recabled as well. Did it cost you much, Sforza?

What are you going to buy? If it's an esw9, I don't suggest it unless you're going to use for primarily desktop listening since you'll need a crossfeed plugin for your player because the sound output becomes unnatural if you don't have one. You can also use an amp with crossfeed.

The recabling cost me 1.2k, you can choose from a lot of cables. I chose silver.
OK, so Dr. Dre and LeBron James have just collaborated on a new Beats headphone model specifically targeted at being used while doing some physical activity.

[Image: lebronjamesxbeatsbydrep.jpg]

Being written in Dime Magazine you won't expect the preview to be written with technical details in mind, but I've read that the Beats line of heaphones ain't all that bad - with "decently crisp mids" and "thumping bass".

Being Monster brand though, you'd expect it to be sold at a high price, which leads me to ask: any affordable recommendations for clip-ons/earphones that wont

1. fall off while running, and
2. disintegrate once you sweat into them?
Soundmagic EH-10
http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/soundmag...-2301.html

Availiable in GoGadgets Gilmore and Peeps Gameshop under Ayala MRT station.

Oh and LeBron James. Ew.
Thanks Jake! Smile

Updated "DO WANT" list:
SoundMagic EH10 - around P2,100-2,500 I guess
Koss PortaPro 25th Anniversary Edition - complete set with box and coin is around P3,000 at TPC
SoundMagic PL30 - P1,400
Grado SR60i - P5,700
Sennheiser HD 595 - P12,999 LOL LOL LOL
Weird audio product of the day! Big grin
The Sennheiser Surrounder. Sounds like crap, looks like a sci-fi prop, but at least it has a bass boost so strong you won't need a fan LOL Bonus points for wearing a cap with a fan on top while using it. Oh and it's also wired, so using it properly will make you look like an octopus.

[Image: surrounderyz0.jpg]