Current time: 03-29-2024, 02:41 PM
TWISTED METAL PS3
Nice to have this song in the soundtrack again.

I'm still getting used to the controls, it's slightly more complex than piloting those midget ACs Chair
yeah, a different dragula remix is in the game.

not the remix that was in TM4.

the controls is close to classic, but im still practicing it. its annoying to reverse.
Sure, wouldn't actually mind tbh. I'd play it casually though, but that doesn't mean I won't be playing it that much. Nice to also see some of Rob Zombie's tracks go back. I guess it's another nostalgia factor thing. LOL

But I'm still hyped for ACV, although I'm tired of playing its demo over and over again.
I've been playing the demo for a while, not sure if anyone's seen me on PSN. Anyway, I'm most likely not getting the game because I feel that it's too close to the original and that the gameplay would get stale after a while. It's also probably because I played the PS and PS2 releases way too often, so I was looking for something new. There's a chance I might get the bargain bin "best of PS3" version though.

For new players or those that didn't get thoroughly addicted in the past though? It's a really fun game, go and buy it Big grin
get it pls, so i can have someone to play with lol Big grin
I'm halfway through a download. I'll try it out for a while, but don't expect me to buy it. LOL
forever alone T_T
(02-07-2012, 12:25 AM)atdsutm Wrote: forever alone T_T

It's okay, I can play.

And you can have imaginary friends while I'm away.
i just read somewhere that you could custom paint your vehicles.

and have your own soundtrack playlist.

=====================================
tried out NUKE mode, it is probably one of the most deepest game modes in TM.

The object of the game is to hunt down the leader (ala capture the flag) and once you got the leader(flag) you have to put in on a missile launcher and launch it on the enemy statue to gain a "point" and for 2-3 mins(i didnt remember the exact match time) teams will switch from offense to defense as one team's objective is to get the flag and the other is to defend.

The map has two leader spots and two missile launcher spots, one of the missile launcher spots is stationary(farther) and the other is moving. So putting the leader into the missile will take time and you have to hold on to the truck as it slowly loads the leader into the missile.

Once you have finished loading the leader into the missile, the player who loaded the missile must remote guide the missile into the enemy statue (1 statue for each team). The missle CAN BE SHOT DOWN by anyone, which requires you to defend it as well.

Each cars there (8 ones in the demo) have a specific role in the game

Crimson Fury - Primary sacrifice vehicle, use to capture the leader since it is the fastest unit. Has defensive specials to deal damage. This car is probably the most hardest unit to use, but its special rivals the reaper when used correctly.

Reaper (bike = mr.grimm) - Flag carrier killer (faction leader carrier if you want to get technical, easier to just say flag), since it has the most powerful special (unguided projectile) and it hard counters DARKSIDE

Death Warrant - Anti Air, and also a good chaser vehicles vs Talons(helicopter) and the Nuke missiles. Also semi counters Crimson Fury and Reaper since it can chase and lock them down to a small degree.

Outlaw - Flag carrier body guard. Powerful head-on abilty with decent armor, but lacks a bit in speed so it is a good balanced "staple" unit to fight anyone during launcher defense and flag defending.

Meat Wagon - Straight up killer "assault class". The basic assault class, can do anything including hit and run, very balanced unit that could also specialize in launcher defense.

Vermin - Nuke Missile hunter. Niche Class, best use to intercept missiles and also deal support damage on Talons(Helicopter). and hunt down crimson fury with its hunter-seeeker guided missiles.

Darkside (Truck) - Flag defender Tank defense, Best used in taking down or defense during the launcher phase with its ramming and minigun defense options. Good enough to scare away air support provided by enemy Talons and Ram enemies setting up the launcher.

Talon (helicopter) - Transport, nuke missile hunter, anti air, ground support, launcher defense. This unit is probably one of the most flexible and also plays an multirole for the team. It can transport slow Darksides into the fray if need, and also carry them if they need repairs. You also can intercept nuke missiles if you carry enough pick-up weapons, and also provide ground support as your guns have auto-aim and its special can provide gun support. You can also deny launcher setups using the magnet winch.

-different units have different jump heights and some can access specific parts of the map and some cant.
-different units also have different setup time on the launcher.

the death match mode is great for tm

BUT THE NUKE MODE IS A MILLION TIMES MORE FUN AND DEEP!!!!!!!!!!!
Played online for around an hour last night. Not bad. Controls felt tight, though like JE said, it's almost like AC but with far more weapons to cycle through. >_<

Which control scheme do you guys use?
(02-08-2012, 12:02 PM)NiX Wrote: Played online for around an hour last night. Not bad. Controls felt tight, though like JE said, it's almost like AC but with far more weapons to cycle through. >_<

Which control scheme do you guys use?

im using the default (classic) control scheme

Have you tried the nuke mode?
TaNGinang buhay! Content Expired and is no longer available Chair
just wait for feb 14 then.
It's not available until march 8 here Vomit
[Image: commvan_baselayer_defaultcopy.jpg]

showing the potential of the custom skin editor for twisted metal ps3

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Metal Wolf Chaos PC port medusa0 4 4,925 08-15-2019, 04:16 PM
Last Post: zero_kanipan