Current time: 03-28-2024, 06:25 PM
i can still draw!!!!!
i can still draw
I know that how Serene does his sketches - nudes first followed by the clothes.

But isn't that a universal practice among artists already?
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
yeah, nudes obviously done before clothes but i think im satisfied with just nudes already lol
You bad bad man.

You're definitely good at proportions and body positioning though, they look natural imho.
me likeyy!!! especially the girl wrapped with a towel with yuki
@artists
how do you use your arm in drawing?

do you pivot on the wrist all the time or up to elbow?
(06-08-2010, 01:35 AM)atdsutm Wrote: @artists
how do you use your arm in drawing?

do you pivot on the wrist all the time or up to elbow?

Elbow
It depends. Delicate strokes just need finger movement. Long strokes need the wrist. Really long strokes, from the elbow.
example of a "LONG" stroke application?
For when you need a LOOONNNGGG line, like when you're sketching a forearm or a leg or some hair? LOL
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Yeah, hair would be a good application.
I don't use pencil to draw, TABLET PEN is the best way to drawing!!! xD but a tip for pencil,

Rotring 0.5 HB for soft strokes and 2B for hard strokes, best to use HB if you're goin' to ink it. hold paper with your left hand and move your head towards the paper for close up look on the work and begin with your right elbow with the hight as your chest...? my english is awful... DDD:
I use 4B for everything because of the versatility. Pressing it hard will make darker lines, but using a light touch will result it thin lines. I also sharpen it with a blade instead of a pencil sharpener for more precision.

For the grip, I've always held the pencil with a brush-like grip instead of like a pen when writing. This is important when drawing from the elbow. Don't hold it like when you're writing.

IMO, default should be from the elbow. No one pays any attention to tiny drawings, because it's not applicable for things like animation, traditional painting or high res graphics. It's also difficult to put detail on small drawings, and it slows down your work. The only thing I use wrist sketching for is drawing individual body parts like hands and feet in class when bored.

If any of you guys want to try your hand at drawing/painting as a profession in the future, drawing from the elbow is the norm and anything else is viewed as a bad habit.
(06-08-2010, 10:07 PM)Sforza Wrote: I use 4B for everything because of the versatility. Pressing it hard will make darker lines, but using a light touch will result it thin lines. I also sharpen it with a blade instead of a pencil sharpener for more precision.

For the grip, I've always held the pencil with a brush-like grip instead of like a pen when writing. This is important when drawing from the elbow. Don't hold it like when you're writing.

IMO, default should be from the elbow. No one pays any attention to tiny drawings, because it's not applicable for things like animation, traditional painting or high res graphics. It's also difficult to put detail on small drawings, and it slows down your work. The only thing I use wrist sketching for is drawing individual body parts like hands and feet in class when bored.

If any of you guys want to try your hand at drawing/painting as a profession in the future, drawing from the elbow is the norm and anything else is viewed as a bad habit.

NAISU CATCHI!
maybe I should ask you guys for some drawing lessons sometimes XD
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

to improve your "stick" drawing

turning them into "sausage" drawing

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  i can only draw girls iraya-sama 1,138 1,473,667 04-10-2013, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Fox