Current time: 03-28-2024, 09:29 PM
Magna Carta: Tears of Blood
Has anyone tried this game. Its an RPG for the PS2. Came out sometime late last year. The graphics are pretty good. Storyline is comparable to Legend of Dragoon, with an epic war between the humans and the Yason stretching over the years.

Battles are like Star Ocean 3 where you can free-roam over the battlefield but only one character can be active at the time and the other two aren't AI-controlled, you have to switch between each three party members. The twist to fighting is that all your attacks are button combinations that you have to press at the exact time to make it succesfully. If not, you fail and the enemy gets a free hit on you.

An interesting part of the battle-system is that each character has the chance to learn several elemental styles, which means you have to pick carefully what characters you will use and what styles to bring into battle to effectively fight enemies. Plus there is a chi system that is really annoying. Basically, each environment has different kinds of chi in them. Chi determines which attacks you can use and what kind of chi the enemies in the area are using. For example, if you're fighting in a desert environment, expect the enemies to use Earth and Fire type attacks. OF course, you can change your characters Chi to maximize your damage against them. Basic elemental rules apply. FIre vs water, lightning vs earth, etc, etc.

Try it, i wasn't dissapointed when i picked it up. Plus, the intro song reminds me FFVIII's "Eyes on me"

The best part of the game. The girls are just so amazing. Especially Rianna.

[nosebleeds]
<span style='colorWhistleed'><span style='font-familyOhmyptima'>This world is one of sadness. Battle brings death. Death brings sorrow. The living... may not hear them. Their voices... may fall upon deaf ears. But make no mistake... the dead... are not silent. Now you will know the sorrow of those whose lives you have ended... <br>-The Sorrow, Metal Gear Solid 3</span></span>
All those things you mentioned sounds good, I think i'll give it a whirl. It's been awhile I played a good RPG and since I haven't gotten a copy of FFXII yet, this might be a good filler for now.
I hate the way you talk to me. And the way you cut your hair.
I hate the way you drive my car. I hate it when you stare.
I hate your big dumb combat boots And the way you read my mind.
I hate you so much it makes me sick — It even makes me rhyme.
I hate the way you're always right. I hate it when you lie.
I hate it when you make me laugh — Even worse when you make me cry.
I hate it that you're not around. And the fact that you didn't call.
But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you — Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.