Current time: 04-16-2024, 04:39 PM
Middleweight Overboost
What are the things to consider?
Ok, i want to try something new, since im comfortable with the controls now

Im trying to build an OB AC, i know designing is a matter of prefrences and performance. So i just want to know what important factors to consider when building an OB bot.
It's not my duty to die for your government and suffer for your religion...I choose life.
Heat Resistance of around 700 or more. OB makes you move over 600. Cooling of 15,250. Radar.
Fuck terran.
Sex
A painful activity in which a man, using the stiffest and pointiest part of his pelvic region, repeatedly stabs
a female in her crotch until he feels satisfied.

[Image: Niji87.png]
Heat resistance is a Core stat, btw.

Note that there are two kinds of OB start-ups. There's the cold start and the hot start.

Cold start is an OB that engages without you touching the boost button. It keeps your heat very minimal.

Hot start is when you're boosting WHILE the OB fires up. This while cause a huge heat spike.

Generally, the cold start is preferred, but sometimes you just have to hot start. Point is you should be aware of what you're doing and what's happening to your AC.

Best core to practice overboosting with is ATLAS. The speed isn't amazing but it's really easy to use. Then there's UL2. Probably the best all-around OB core. And then EOS for more defense and greater OB speed.

Everything else that isn't ICURUS or heavyweight U is usable too.
Ok thanks for that guys, will try this as soon as i can, watching F1 right now so maybe after LOL

I tried OBing using ATLAS before, when i watched the replay, it was ridiculously funny, i didnt know what i was doing LOL

Maybe now i can change that LOL
It's not my duty to die for your government and suffer for your religion...I choose life.
Ok, tried OBing

Problem is when do you actually OB?

I just OB for the sake of using it LOL plus After i OB i always get a delay of movement, same as when you land from falling.
You should OB when:
- You need to take cover QUICK.
- Jousting.
- optional but still ok... Dodge high velocity projectiles.
- you want to OB slash.
- you want to use something like this guy.
- OB Kneel. you shoot with a back cannon while OBing sideways to take cover.

All you need is to find the right timing.
'Signatures are overrated.'
Incubus: You have to boost a bit right before cutting OB power. That prevents the hard landing. Finding a purpose for it against AI is pretty hard though.

When to OB is entirely up to you. You can constantly spam it to if you want. Or use it sparingly to get into advantageous positions. Or to quickly escape.
Icurus is for looks IMO.

I have made an AC that can boost and OB at the same time w/o a huge heat spike but it's nothing i'd want to go into combat against another player with.

As the others have said use the cold ob if you can and the hot only if pressed to get away.
Thanks for that Serene Happy

Yup your right Nix, kinda hard to use it on AIs, when i watch my replays from AI's view, im always at their lock box no matter what i did LOL

Im using 81G right now, difficult to set up shots while using OB
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uAhcvFfeReY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uAhcvFfeReY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Great display of overboost + 81G (nicknamed BIG).

Things to note:

1. Timing your overboost so that it fires up at the height of a jump.
2. holding the thrusters WHILE overboost is currently engaged will increase your altitude.
3. (with OB engaged, hovering on the ground) boost a bit right before cutting OB to prevent hard-landing. In this state, you can perform a variety of moves like quick direction changes and slide-jumps. Will take a bit of practice.
When boosting during an OB flight, only one booster provides heat. Your OB or your main booster, depending on which is hotter. The hotter one takes precedence. They don't add up. Feel free to boost once you're in-flight.

Avoid boosting during an OB charge up, as NiX said, because your OB acts as weapon heat during a charge instead of booster heat. This means that they will add up during the OB charge-up phase. Not a good thing, haha.

Also, just like NiX said again, hit your boost button just before you turn off your OB. This is called a "Soft Exit" and lets you exit the OB without having your AC go into that breaking/sliding animation. This will not work on upward sloped terrain, so be careful. You can take a step out of a "Soft Exit" and perform a jump by tapping the Boost button to perform an OB Slide Jump.

Another trick that you can use OB for is the OB Glide. You need to be in the air for this to work. When you turn off OB while in mid-air, don't hit your strafe or forward/backward movement buttons. Your AC will glide a long distance, depending on your legset and weight. You can turn while in mid-Glide, though. This allows you to move at very fast speeds without using energy, while turning very quickly in mid-air. The only downside is that you glide in a relatively straight line.

Personally, I use OB as an almost main form of horizontal movement. I'm an OB addict, though.
Fuck terran.
Sex
A painful activity in which a man, using the stiffest and pointiest part of his pelvic region, repeatedly stabs
a female in her crotch until he feels satisfied.

[Image: Niji87.png]
Cool more useful stuff

Nice vid nix, ive been watching matches like that, by far thats the best for me yet

That lightweight is pretty annoying. Everytime i think about switching 81G, a bot like that comes along and reminds me why i cant LOL I love landing 81G shots especially on bots with low defense, priceless LOL

Tried the things you guys suggested, guess theres more to OB than just for show LOL Could need more practice though.

And sorry for the late reply, just been busy
Hahaha... I'm guilty of using ICURUS... XD

Aaaaanyway, I got a few videos on YouTube about using OB to boost cancel out of kneeling when using a back-cannon with a Mid-weight biped (well that was a mouthful)

Here we go (note, they are all against AI opponents. Never played with real people so far. Also note, turn off the volume, because all you'll hear is my voice, which I was to late to find out sounds annoying when recorded -_-):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPK5du-_ijE - Against Evangel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6r85TFakSA - Against Zinaida
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqqg1dQdF6w - Against Rim Fire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQz8YNmYPGU - Against Jack - O

YES I'M USING THE ICURUS. Don't shoot me XD

Also note I'm not that good with doing it yet, but the only one I have a hard time beating more often than not is that cheap son of a &@%!# Evangel. His back Linear Gun is annoying if he gets a continuous hit at you.
I see what you meant, but i dont think ill be doing that anytime soon LOL

Im still getting use OBing LOL