Current time: 04-18-2024, 02:30 PM
NX-LR: Type A or Type B
looking up and looking down
<!--QuoteBegin-Black Dragon+Dec 17 2006, 03:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Black Dragon @ Dec 17 2006, 03:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Whoops, I wasn't paying attention too much XD

Thoough I noticed a "bit of a problem" on that style though, but I'm not going to talk about that :ph3ar: [/quote:e6fb6d7248]
Really? I see no problems whatsoever other than the weaknesses that are already inherent with the Type B control scheme. Having your index finger on circle is practically as efficient as Type A when it comes to dual gunning.
Actually it had something to do with movements, but I think we can always deal with that. Wink
[Image: nines.jpg]
Movement? You mean strafing (pressing R1)? It's not really a problem. Try using your middle finger for tapping R1 and R2 while your index finger is on circle.
I'll go for the ring finger for R2 Smile)
[Image: nines.jpg]
Yes that would be the most efficient way to do it.
Hi guys

Im still having this issue, i cant seem to properly press the combination.

boosting + firing dual weapons + looking down or looking up + strafing left or right, LOL its driving me nuts LOL

In short, tracking your opponent without movement restrictions

I use type B default by the way only changes:

Triangle = fire left weapon
Circle = toggle weapon

Ive seen the PACT videos, you guys can really play, i can definitely say that its as good as the ones in youtube. Happy
It's not my duty to die for your government and suffer for your religion...I choose life.
Thanks. But our vids ARE on youtube. LOL

Sorry bro but there's no way around it. You just have to get used to hitting both square and triangle with the tip of your thumb.

Or you do as I do and use your index finger on Circle. LOL

Or learn Type A. LOL
type A would be easier or you can always customize your button layout like what I did ( to be exact what I did was a custom type A format) ...

still hating the psp controls because of this though XP
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Type B circa 1998. LOL
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(02-19-2010, 07:49 PM)NiX Wrote: Thanks. But our vids ARE on youtube. LOL

what i meant was LCC TM etc.. videos LOL

Sorry nix, tried searching with the keyword "controller" but the results were PSP LOL

Hmm lots of customization here, but the right index on circle? LOL I just cant do it LOL

I cant properly move when i put my left and right middle finger on L2 and R2 respectively. Plus my hands are sweaty, few times that the controller fell while playing AC:LR especially when im trying really hard to practice tracking the opponent LOL

Maybe I'll try the Type A again and we'll see what happens. But Type A doesnt really fit me LOL

But seriously though i just cant do it while tapping 1 button for the boost and holding other buttons
It's not my duty to die for your government and suffer for your religion...I choose life.
using type a is only hard when you star but believe me its has its merits one being its flexibility when it comes to tweaks on the button map.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Type A is more intuitive to the FPS crowd. Type B is more familiar to most players of AC since it's what we've used for most of the series, well up until NX.

I can usually do Type A okay, but I prefer Type B.
I'm your opposite.
I can play type B well enough ( I do switch triangle and square assigns so I can dual wield easier), but I mainly master type A.

Type A seems to have better vert Tracking, while type B fits more for ground engagements. Juking seems easier with type B as well.
[Image: t98sig.png]
I have become a Type A ever since the R3 button on my controller broke a year ago, preventing me from using all the functions on my AC Blink , now the setting is:

L Analog: Movement
R Analog: Camera adjustment
L1: Left arm weapon
L2: Switch weapon
R1: Right arm weapon
R2: Inside
Triangle: Drop part
Circle: Extension
Square: Camera reset
X: Jump/boost
L3: OB/EO

Can't turn too well when jumping or boosting because of the close proximity of the X button and the R analog stick... But it's an interesting handicap that makes me better at strafing targets.
For those type A users, when you first start, do you have any trouble using the Right analog stick to track your opponent?

Seems the lock box moves too fast even with a slight movement of the R analog stick

EDIT: Can track my opponent now while im on top which i cant do with Type B, damn i suck LOL

How did you guys practice the view up/down with Type B?