Current time: 03-29-2024, 09:51 PM
Help me design my AC
NIX is pretty difficult to use though. SYLPH or even handguns like HP are probably better if you really want a WS-type lock for the left. With good reason, R3 is almost permanently stapled on the left hands of ACs everywhere.

FUDOH+GULL is nice, but LOTUS+GULL is preferred for most non-overboost midweights because FUDOH is just SO heavy that you end up compromising some of your payload.
I would probably tune G84P 2 weight 6 output 2 capacity and then put EC on to expand that further.

Now if you can get a high cooling, say 15.8k or 16k you can use G84P on a AC that uses burst type OB movements when moving around.

For low drain parts you could try G69. This may seem a bit odd but it works.

But for a new person stick with G91, G84P, or Magnolia. Ananda or R92 will work quite well with these.
Got the R3 and the EYE3

EYE3 doenst look so cool as what i imagined LOL

now for the core part, it seems the EO has come a bit useless since both guns size up to mid-range. Planning on changing C98E2 to something fitting.

What core do you guys suggest?
It's not my duty to die for your government and suffer for your religion...I choose life.
Yeah EYE3 looks like shit. LOL But what can you do? It's one of the best heads in the game (though it seems to break quickly).

Most of the Standard (Hanger) cores are good. Cronus, 99UL, U2, U3, U4, (not U5), UA. Just use whichever one will suit your weight/energy/defense needs. UA in particular is ridiculously good.
I was really looking forward changing to EYE3, the EYE series reminds me of Necron from ACTongueroject Phantasma LOL

Ok, will try the cores you suggested, also need suggestions on new back weapon and extensions, im testing a few right now.

Since my head part has built-in radar, should i drop my back radar and add another back weapon?
It's not my duty to die for your government and suffer for your religion...I choose life.
one set up i've found is decent enough for use in game and in PvP.

S4
99UL
Macaque
Cougar2
Vulture2
Limpet/F73H
G91/G84P depending on what weapons you are running
Ananda

This set up will give you decent speed, good defenses, 8000+ AP.
You don't *need* to add another backweapon just to fill up an empty slot. For bipeds, you only have 3 options for backweapons: Missiles, rockets, and orbit cannons.

For missiles, there's 69M, Nymphe, Spartoi, Satyros, MT, Hydra, and most of the vertical missile launchers (73MV in particular). There are a few more, but they're more specialized.

Extensions: RM1, 2, and 3 are all good, though RM2 has a slight awkward arc. GAR1 and 2 are fine too. Don't bother with the vert-firing extensions. The ground torpedo extensions are decent but tricky to use.

If you end up feeling that bipeds are somewhat limited cuz they can only use missiles, move on to quads. Try out the LF71.
thanks guys,been very much helpful

i think ill stick to G91 + V2 + Ananda combo, didnt notice the speed i was missing when i was using FUDOH LOL

Ive been meaning to change DINGO2 too, so thanks for the alternatives, but as of now im still fine with DINGO2.

I watched most of your PACT videos Nix, quad really does the job there Happy

but i dont think im into quads right now, for the least. I cant even finalize my first design yet LOL

Tested the ones you suggested, Spartoi seems to be the best bet so far.

Question on the videos, what Arm Weapons were you guys using? Most ive seen are the ones like CETUS ammos. When i saw the video, Shade doesnt seem to work in pvp LOL

Any fast Arm weapon you can suggest? EN based or shell doesnt matter, I tried WR98L, consumes too much energy LOL

I think im gonna try the 93RL, still need to do the mission though.
Oh you watched the PACT 5 2-on-2 vids. LOL I don't think those are the best representatives of competitive play in Last Raven. LOL

Try vids of some American players.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLCC#grid/...F2D00B0555
http://www.youtube.com/user/booyaka3456

Don't get the impression though that using overboost is the only way to play. Many people just enjoy playing that way more.

Vids from our very own Leperman:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Leperman

It's pretty easy to get "stuck" using DINGO2 since it's not really a midweight and it's not a lightweight either. If you like it, like most people do, just stick to it.

The one with CETUS-like ammo is most probably 93RL. Really good gun.

And make no mistake about SHADE. It's one of the best guns in the game. You just can't use it carelessly. Think of it as an energy 93RL.

98L "minisawa" is also one of the best guns in the game. You probably just need to practice managing your energy better. The RS sniper rifle is pretty much its shell equivalent.

Also try the BP bazooka.

Shade, RL, 98L, RS, BP... hahahah top 5 weapons in LR right there.
Yeah but top 5 isn't always the best choice either. Try different weapons to decide which is best for you.

Obviously though some weapons are absolute trash, Python for instance is a joke, Silky is a joke, Dragon is so so( meaning that it can be used up close, but otherwise is innaccurate).

Pulse guns for the right hand that are decent IMO: Demon, ROC2, ROC3, ROC4, PERYTON, maybe ROC. Left guns ARGOS, PERYTON

Obviously Left rifles like Griffon, or Gorgon (IMO) are top notch weapons.
Yup. Bottom line is that you should always know WHY you have anything equipped. Don't just slap something on cuz someone told you it's good.

Some people choose to use shitty parts because they want to be different. Most people use the "best" parts because they want to win or just want maximum performance. Some use certain parts because they like how they look. Point is that they all have reasons. And you should too when you design.
I hate watching these videos sometimes LOL I hate the fact that someone out there plays AC as good as this LOL For the controls they made it look so easy LOL

Ok, unto weapon changes, will try those. I dont think im gonna use 2 EN weapons though. I mean, 1 EN weapon already causes energy consumption problem for me or maybe i just suck at energy management LOL

EDIT: Yup, thats why i always give it a go before actually using it.
http://ravenrepublic.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=2178

New topic for continued discussion of this AC.
I know for myself, I like to use low tier parts when playing against less skilled opponents, as well as to make things interesting.
Hey, try my main bot if you want. It can pretty much beat anything in the game, going from pulverizers to ACs and missions. The one place where you might get problems is the one wher eyou fight VOLA-VOLANT and WANKTON-BUSTER at the same time. If you don't pilot well, you'll fail.

Head: CR-H06XS-EYE4
Core: CR-C98E2
Arms: A11-MACAQUE
Legs: LH09-COUGAR2
Booster: B03-VULTURE2
FCS: CR-F69
Generator: G01-LOTUS
Radiator: ANANDA
Inside: NONE
Extension: CR-E92RM3 RELATION MISSILE
Back Unit R: NONE
Back Unit L: CR-WB69M SMALL MISSILE
Arm Unit R: WR07M-PIXIE3 MACHINEGUN
Arm Unit L: WH01R-GAST RIFLE(AST)

Arm Unit R Hanger: NONE
Arm Unit L Hanger: NONE
O01-ANIMO, CR-O69ES, CR-O69SS, KISSYOH, CR-O75LA, CR-O79L+,
O03-CODON, MARISHI,

TUNES:

Head: 5 Shell Def - 5 EN Defense
Core: 4 Cooling - 6 Shell Defense
Arms: 3 Cooling - 7 Shell Defense
Legs: 5 Max weight - 5 Weight

Booster: 10 Booster Power
Radiator: 10 Cooling
Generator: 8 EN output - 2 Condenser

Take it for a spin. You'll like it, seeing your battle style, I think that it's a bit similiar to mine.

If you don't have the EYE4, just put the EYE instead.

Edit: You should also learn to use the KRSW and the BP, these guns are LOVABLE when you master them
[Image: t98sig.png]