Current time: 03-29-2024, 02:09 PM
Teh Interesting Military Technology News Thread
This is a thread where we post advances in military technology. Post stuff related to the advances made for guns, armaments, weaponry, vehicles, or basically anything related to security or things that were meant to blow something up.

I guess a good starting point would be the unveiling of Russia's new PAK FA aircraft meant to be the nation's 5th generation fighter as seen in a different thread. What do you guys think of it?

Also, I'd like to present what I think is the FN SCAR of sniper rifles: The Remington MSR (Modular Sniper Rifle). The thing was basically built to be compatible with a wide variety of ammunition types and can do so on the field with a few barrel and firing mechanism changes.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ofu_oRV8PrE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ofu_oRV8PrE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Anyway, post away if you see anything related to this thread Tongue
Requesting permission to post vids of the Magpul FMG and PDR, and a demo vid of the .50 Beowulf cartridge Happy

In the meantime, here's a video of the Israeli military's Trophy anti-missile defense system in action. It's the basis of the Raytheon Quick Kill system mounted on the Stryker - that wheeled APC you were fighting alongside in Modern Warfare 2 Smile

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pnl2698Xkqw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pnl2698Xkqw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
BBC News - Russia shows off Sukhoi T-50 Stealth Fighter

About time...
iirc there's a Chinese one too Boxing
This one?
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
The Pak-fa definitely looks legit, once the get it going. I love the all moving vertical control surfaces, and the moving variable inlet/intakes. The only concerns for its stealth are its exhaust nozzles, and the way they would hide the compressor blades of the engine up front from the intake. otherwise, looks really sexy to me. Although a bit below the raptor Tongue
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_F-15SE_Silent_Eagle

the f-15 just wont die but in all fairness it looks nice and seems to be a lot more practical than the f-35 anyway

still 1 x f-15SE = $100m
1 x pakfa = $60m

I hope the phil airforce try getting some rather than getting second/third hand stuff from america.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

That Silent Eagle has long been around raf. and also, the price figure of $60m for the pak-fa is still a mere speculation. Development costs, potential design changes AND the number of orders will determine the price. the plane WILL definitely get a higher price tag as it will be packing the latest stuff Russia has to offer. Sexy, Sexy plane though.
ahaha thanks for that info XD still I do wish the military stop being money grubbing asses and actually do a decent job of modernizing our forces >< I can wish ><.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Ph? HAHAHAH. nah. Glare
We could make do with giant paper aircraft though. Launch teh catapult, then proceed according to keikaku; one way suicidal trip with a huge bomb!
^ lol even that needs COMPETENT personnel to operate-something this country doesn't really have. Hong hong bus wtf comes to mind. LOL
(09-07-2011, 04:23 AM)clonezero Wrote: I hope the phil airforce try getting some rather than getting second/third hand stuff from america.

E hanggang ngayon pa naman tuta pa rin ng amerikano ang gobyerno. Ano kaya ang magiging reaksyon nila kung nagkaroon ng arms deal ang Russia at ph.

What ever happened to this...
Quote:"The Russian Federation is ready to sell MI-18 helicopters, M29 fighter planes, tankers, cannons and other military hardware for the modernisation of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), Russian ambassador Anatoli Khmelnitski said here.

He noted these were among the arms listed in Russia's proposal to join a possible AFP bidding and added he believes his country will be in the AFP's short-list in the arms deal.

"We realize the Philippines is just taking its time with the bidding because of the ecoomic situation in the region," the envoy said.
LOL. At this point, literally almost ANYTHING is a modernisation to the current PAF air force as they currently have......nothing really. Even a nation with ww2 -cold war era aircraft can waltz in PH airspace uncontested. LOL Funny how Singapore, a literal city-country, has around 12 f-15SGs-the most advanced strike eagle variant of the extremely effective f-15e strike eagle. They also have a smaller area to defend, quite the opposite of the ph.

ok screw that, we would get run over anyway if any big country decided to invade. fml.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Teh interesting tech news stub thread Grim 276 386,231 08-05-2015, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  ISP Discussion and Q&A thread Shintetsu 32 40,585 01-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Shintetsu
Tongue The Redfox sucks thread wanzerfreak 33 45,536 10-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Last Post: Shintetsu
  WWII military design oddities Sforza 3 13,163 05-19-2008, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Grim