Current time: 04-18-2024, 09:04 AM
"Teh Stupid, it burns!" thread
Because stupidity deserves its own thread
Just an idea for a thread I had.

Project WTF seems appropriate for any topic that just baffles the mind, and centers on anything simply weird, bizzare, but not necessarily stupid. Project Awesome is self-explanatory.

I'm hoping this thread becomes a proper depository for any news that doesn't amuse or baffle, but instead leaves us utterly stupefied at the sheer stupidity of stoopid people. Well you get my drift.

School district pulls Anne Frank’s diary over ‘vagina’ passage

http://rawstory.com/2010/01/school-distr...nks-diary/

Quote:Anne Frank's adolescent curiosity about sexuality is too much for a Virginia school district that has pulled the complete version of the young Jewish girl's diary off its curriculum and off its shelves over a parent's complaint about sexually explicit passages.

Culpeper County Public Schools has pulled Anne Frank's The Diary of a Young Girl: The Definitive Edition off the shelves because parents complained "over the sexual nature of the vagina passage in the definitive edition," reports the Culpeper, Virginia, Star-Exponent.

The complaint has to do specifically with an expanded version of the diary published in 1995. Frank's father, Otto, had excised large parts of his daughter's diary prior to publication in the late 1940s. Anne was killed at the Auschwitz concentration camp in March, 1945. Her diary has made her arguably the most famous Holocaust victim.

According to Valerie Strauss at the Washington Post, the offending passage is a description of female genitalia:

There are little folds of skin all over the place, you can hardly find it. The little hole underneath is so terribly small that I simply can't imagine how a man can get in there, let alone how a whole baby can get out!

FAIL for the parent who had this book shelved, epic win for Anne Frank's innocent but memorable description of the vagina LOL
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
ah yes, but i kinda feel that every woman out there probably thought the same....
for guys, lol....when do i get to shove it in some wet hole and feel gooood maann.....
herbs & non-linear thinking...they baffle me sometimes.
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
Hello! I'm sorry to inform you that I'll be locking this thread, because of redundancy reasons. Also, I personally feel that -both- the interesting news topics and the rant/rave are already sufficient to air out personal grievances. Degrees of stupidity is subjective to each person, almost irregardless of the great great majority that may find an action "stupid".

Furthermore, we already deal with negativity on a daily basis, and though this thread pokes fun at an everyday occurrence which is sometimes amusing (stupidity), I do not feel this forum needs a topic that is so outrightly negative in nature. Lastly, arguments due to equally valid but conflicting viewpoints may also come from a thread such as this, which I personally would like to avoid.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the what-did-you-get-for-christmas thread strawhat_luffy 175 196,750 01-05-2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: zero_kanipan
  "I have just lost faith in humanity" Thread HayWire 18 22,572 12-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Sirius140
  The Taglish Thread,,, Serene 19 26,187 02-01-2013, 11:25 PM
Last Post: Fox
  Feminism and sexiness - Hijacked Thread Twin-Skies 73 78,423 12-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Last Post: zero_kanipan
  The Trivia Thread NiX 32 31,203 07-30-2010, 12:55 AM
Last Post: atdsutm
  Teh thread of interactive stuff. Sforza 13 16,892 12-16-2009, 03:13 AM
Last Post: Grim
  the Post your Firefox thread :D strawhat_luffy 2 5,473 03-01-2009, 02:58 PM
Last Post: NiX