Current time: 04-19-2024, 11:31 PM
The Taglish Thread,,,
Teaching Englishmen how to speak Tagalog...
Hari ng Sablay - People who are clumsy and fail miserably... in a good way. (Reference: Clonezero aka Raffail)
(01-29-2013, 05:21 PM)Goat Wrote: Hari ng Sablay - People who are clumsy and fail miserably... in a good way. (Reference: Clonezero aka Raffail)

Good way?
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

(01-29-2013, 07:44 PM)clonezero Wrote:
(01-29-2013, 05:21 PM)Goat Wrote: Hari ng Sablay - People who are clumsy and fail miserably... in a good way. (Reference: Clonezero aka Raffail)

Good way?

Yes, because we can LOL every time you do.
(I'm just taking a break from my Filipino research paper about Filipino by talking about Taglish which is a sort of perversion of Filipino which stems from Tagalog and should not be confused with Pilipino.

...At least I won't lose my research momentum XD)

Have some slang:

Sabaw : Literally means "soup", but is a slang term for sleepy,sluggish or stupid in a way.

"Ang sabaw mo!" is literally "you're so soupy!" but actually means that the person the statement is directed to is being stupid and/or incomprehensible with their thoughts/ideas.

Pare : It's a way of saying "dude" or "buddy" or such. It is said to come from the word Kumpadre which comes from the Spanish word Compadre which means "friend".

Epal : Can be a noun or adjective describing someone who is being an "extra" or "third wheel". The word can also be used to describe something out of place.

A person photobombing a picture is epal.
A student not enrolled in a subject but sits in the classroom anyway is epal.
A person who butts into the conversation though he has nothing to contribute and/or he ruins the mood is epal.
A tank in a blading match is epal. (Unless it's a jouster...then maybe it's just semi-epal LOL )

Sipsip : Suck-up

Plastik : Plastic. It means "fake."

"Straw ka ba? Sipsip ka na. Plastik ka pa!" LOL

Susmayrosep : shortcut for the expression :"Jesus, Mary, Joseph!"

Ows : "Oh Really?" Condescendingly.

Amalayer : "I'm a liar" condescendingly - with a thick Pinoy accent LOL

Syota : Combination of the words Short and Time. It's used to describe a relationship or IS a type of relationship in itself (rather self explanatory on what kind of a relationship that is). It's sometimes used to replace the word Girlfriend. It may or may not be related to the word Shawtee found in rap music
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
(02-01-2013, 06:57 PM)HayWire Wrote: Sabaw : Literally means "soup", but is a slang term for sleepy,sluggish or stupid in a way.

"Ang sabaw mo!" is literally "you're so soupy!" but actually means that the person the statement is directed to is being stupid and/or incomprehensible with their thoughts/ideas.

[Image: sabawstateofmind.jpg]

LOL
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the what-did-you-get-for-christmas thread strawhat_luffy 175 196,815 01-05-2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: zero_kanipan
  "I have just lost faith in humanity" Thread HayWire 18 22,578 12-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Sirius140
  Feminism and sexiness - Hijacked Thread Twin-Skies 73 78,444 12-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Last Post: zero_kanipan
  The Trivia Thread NiX 32 31,210 07-30-2010, 12:55 AM
Last Post: atdsutm
  "Teh Stupid, it burns!" thread Twin-Skies 2 5,459 01-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Sforza
  Teh thread of interactive stuff. Sforza 13 16,893 12-16-2009, 03:13 AM
Last Post: Grim
  the Post your Firefox thread :D strawhat_luffy 2 5,473 03-01-2009, 02:58 PM
Last Post: NiX