Current time: 03-28-2024, 06:35 PM
Armored Core V News
Just like what they did with Project Force? It's probable.
The last true Armored Core game was indeed LR. They really should come up with new names for their unrelated mech titles.
It seems more super robot-ish I point to the part of the vid where the poster mech's head "growled".

XX maybe they'll continue the old timeline on the psp after porting LR.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Urban setting, smaller mechs, increase in firepower, change in gameplay focus... Yeah, they should consider something else for the title.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Fromsoft, please do not stray from the right path! We will always be with you in spirit (and possibly piracy in the future) as long as it doesn't end up like another Kojima Core!
We'll get Burning Core this time... XD That, or WAnzer Core.
[Image: t98sig.png]
What's the problem people? Ultimately, it's From's franchise and they can do whatever they want with it. The name doesn't matter as long as it turns out to be good and we can enjoy it. Decent gameplay (an equal mix of aerial and ground combat), a great deal of customization, good netcode. That's all that matters.
(01-15-2010, 09:20 AM)Grim Wrote: What's the problem people? Ultimately, it's From's franchise and they can do whatever they want with it. The name doesn't matter as long as it turns out to be good and we can enjoy it. Decent gameplay (an equal mix of aerial and ground combat), a great deal of customization, good netcode. That's all that matters.
what mix said. As long as it feels closer to the classic AC we love, then it's perfectly fine. ac4/fa just felt exactly the opposite of that that's why we didnt appreciate it that much.

People, let's just TRY to be more open minded about this atm. nothing's set in stone..YET. so until they drop another bomb on us, we really don't have a right to complain lol.
(01-15-2010, 09:20 AM)Grim Wrote: What's the problem people? Ultimately, it's From's franchise and they can do whatever they want with it. The name doesn't matter as long as it turns out to be good and we can enjoy it. Decent gameplay (an equal mix of aerial and ground combat), a great deal of customization, good netcode. That's all that matters.

While it's true that they own it and that they can do whatever they want with it, this selling thing isn't one-way.

We fell in love with AC because of how it was originally. And even between AC1 and LR, the series shared more commonalities than just a control scheme, customizable mechs, and a name. I can't say that about the new games.

The very fact that we here are unhappy is because we care for this game. We fucking love this game. If we didn't, we'd just not give a shit and not whine in the first place.

It's almost like Command and Conquer. WTF does that name mean anymore anyway? Totally different games slapped on with the same name. The only commonality is that you click on things. I don't want that for Armored Core.

But then if FROM doesn't give a shit about fans (ok they probably give a shit about Japanese fans), I don't have to give a shit about them.

EDIT: Wow, first "heated" discussion on RR. LOL I guess it's good. This place is too peaceful.
Point taken. What I was saying was I don't want to get caught up in a name game, that just because it's named Armored Core and we don't like it, it has to be named something else because it's deviated from the formula we grew to love; because it was straying too far from the Armored Core we know. From was trying to take a new direction with the AC4 and fA, and ultimately failed, and that was sad for the remaining veterans. But we're here now, on the verge of AC5, and it's looking good so far from the pictures and interviews we've seen and read.

Also, I don't want us to be afraid of changes to the said formula. If we don't like AC5, fine, we can keep playing the older games as a way of having our say. But trying too much to keep it like the Armored Core of the old days is inviting From to keep selling us a rehashed game with just new stats, which I'm sure none of us want.

At the end of the day,

(01-11-2010, 09:16 PM)Grim Wrote: I hope we can like it, because I want to play AC both casually and competitively again.
i have t agree with grim
although regardless what direction they are taking the game into.... ACfa sucked big time
The should have called it "Tactical Mecha Action" rather than "Violent Mecha Action".
Quote:-The changes in stage make-up and height create strategic attack and defense opportunities. Nabeshima's suggestion was hiding in the shadows and waiting for your opponent so you can take him by surprise. He must have not played his own games online - there is not a radar or targeting system that will not detect an opponent in the shadows. However, a blade lunge from above ground can be useful as far as I see it.

-One of the reasons for smaller mechas this time (5 meters in height instead of 10) is added complexity in the stages - from a height of 10 meters, you're unlikely to see the details according to Nabeshima. Smaller mechas also create new strategies - you can retreat into back roads and hide beneath an overpass, for example.

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=6552

I'm still looking forward to this game. We can always come up with a better title if it doesn't turn out armored core-ish.
though I agree with you on what you said Boss Grim I still can't stop feeling cheated >_<

though Im wondering how is something 5 meters tall be called an armored core? I do have ideas on that but still .... >_<
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the Final Verdict (tFV) - 2 Month Long Armored Core: Verdict Day marathon farmboy28 0 82 01-21-2024, 06:06 AM
Last Post: farmboy28
  Pilot's Internal Organization (PIO) - Armored Core Content Updates farmboy28 33 5,770 12-24-2023, 04:09 AM
  Armored Core 6 Updates and News farmboy28 6 689 10-12-2023, 08:29 PM
  Armored Core PvP retrospective Lord_Leperman 0 443 07-28-2023, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman
  We compiled a list of reactions/opinions about Armored Core VI revealed today and als farmboy28 2 456 07-28-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman
  ARMORED CORE VI FIRES OF RUBICON — Story Trailer farmboy28 1 370 07-23-2023, 02:01 AM
Last Post: atdsutm
  PCSX2 Armored Core PNACH Files Grim 4 5,665 04-30-2023, 10:51 AM
Last Post: phi1anthropy
  The Armored Core Series: A Newcomer's Journey Grim 3 605 03-25-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: NiX
  Armored Core VI Debut Trailer farmboy28 16 2,352 12-20-2022, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Grim
  『ARMORED CORE SUITE 02』 farmboy28 0 3,845 11-24-2017, 04:31 PM