Current time: 03-28-2024, 06:20 PM
Armored Core V News
the english site is up

armoredcore-v.com
Given the trailer was actually pretty good, despite the music being off... it really just didn't fit. Dammit America, if they put that on the official soundtrack...... >_>

Despite it being geared towards multiplayer, I'm still leaning towards just sticking to single player and just fiddling around with customizing. Then again, since it comes out summer, I might be obliged to give multiplayer a go XD
I personally like dubstep, yes the soundtrack has more songs that generate a more Armored Core "feel" but regardless of that, the dubstep song is pretty good and i actually enjoyed the trailer
[Image: 34875.png]
Haha, given your avatar, kinda makes sense that you like dubstep. Tongue I've no real opinion of it.

I thought the footage itself was pretty cool. But yes, music was not what I'm used to for Armored Core.
Dubstep is fine, I listen to dubstep. ACV is cool, I like this shit. I hate neither, they just don't mix well.

And besides, JP already set a great feel for the game before this shit came out. I just see this as a sales pitch to the Call of Duty generation.
(02-15-2012, 12:21 AM)Shintetsu Wrote: I just see this as a sales pitch to the Call of Duty generation.

You got that right LOL And they made sure everything is written in huge bold letters(It haz the MULTIPLAYERZ!), otherwise the Cod babies wouldn't get the trailer. Then add the most generic sounding dubstep track out there and voila! Enjoy your happy meal.

(02-15-2012, 07:48 AM)J.E_Magog Wrote:
(02-15-2012, 12:21 AM)Shintetsu Wrote: I just see this as a sales pitch to the Call of Duty generation.

You got that right LOL And they made sure everything is written in huge bold letters(It haz the MULTIPLAYERZ!), otherwise the Cod babies wouldn't get the trailer. Then add the most generic sounding dubstep track out there and voila! Enjoy your happy meal.

This. Fuck the COD generation.

(02-15-2012, 12:21 AM)Shintetsu Wrote: Dubstep is fine, I listen to dubstep. ACV is cool, I like this shit. I hate neither, they just don't mix well.

And besides, JP already set a great feel for the game before this shit came out. I just see this as a sales pitch to the Call of Duty generation.

This sums up my feelings perfectly. I fucking hate this call of duty kids; and it angers me that bandai is trying to attract them to boost their sale numbers.

I can see it now: these kids as operators. "Omg I told you where to go! Why do you suck so much you f***** noobs! OMG! This game sucks! *high pitched whine*"

truly, truly cringe worthy
"I firmly believe there are three tenets that determine victory in warfare; and they are firepower, firepower, and more firepower."
(02-15-2012, 07:59 AM)McCale Wrote: This sums up my feelings perfectly. I fucking hate this call of duty kids; and it angers me that bandai is trying to attract them to boost their sale numbers.

I can see it now: these kids as operators. "Omg I told you where to go! Why do you suck so much you f***** noobs! OMG! This game sucks! *high pitched whine*"

Then hopefully you won't have to worry too much. AC has never been a "noob" friendly game, so even if they hype the game up and increase sales and snag some COD players, the number of people who will stick with the game drops off dramatically. This is one of the benefits of niche community: the number of annoying people is far less.

The other good news, is that you can choose who you want to be in your clan. Don't like a whiner? Instant kick. RR's pretty cool and you all know each other, so I don't think that will be a problem. If I'm free and no MV team is up at midnight, I'm more than willing to do Operator for you guys every now and then Tongue

Plus you can't hear the other team members whining, only your own Smile

Lovely ACV ad you guys got here.

There's now a review at Mecha Damashii. Nice overview of the whole game.
(02-15-2012, 11:35 AM)farmboy28 Wrote:
(02-15-2012, 07:59 AM)McCale Wrote: This sums up my feelings perfectly. I fucking hate this call of duty kids; and it angers me that bandai is trying to attract them to boost their sale numbers.

Then hopefully you won't have to worry too much. AC has never been a "noob" friendly game, so even if they hype the game up and increase sales and snag some COD players, the number of people who will stick with the game drops off dramatically. This is one of the benefits of niche community: the number of annoying people is far less.

The other good news, is that you can choose who you want to be in your clan. Don't like a whiner? Instant kick. RR's pretty cool and you all know each other, so I don't think that will be a problem. If I'm free and no MV team is up at midnight, I'm more than willing to do Operator for you guys every now and then Tongue

Plus you can't hear the other team members whining, only your own Smile

Lovely ACV ad you guys got here.

Nice. We'd love to have you as an operator!
(02-15-2012, 11:35 AM)farmboy28 Wrote:

If that ever happens to me the first thing I would do is grab a tank leg and sink my AC to the bottom of the sea LOL
[Image: nines.jpg]
Oh lol. Didn't know they drew a big line between the Karasawa and KRSW. The former has like, 10k attack but with only 4 shots, while the latter seems to retain its namesake's first characteristics, acting as a replacement for the oldschool Sawa.
http://www.oxm.co.uk/39045/previews/armo...st-robots/
EEEEENGLIISSSSH MEEEENUUSS

I still don't know if this is an early eng demo or just the jap version with eng subtitles. The pics and my gut tell me it's not a demo because some of those parts weren't in the demo. I cant' find any more information unfortunately to confirm. I might show Rich this later.

Goat, or anyone with the Japanese ver, do you guys know if there are eng subtitle options on the japanese version of the game?
Nah there's none, unfortunately. I think that's more of the upcoming localized version for ACV in progress.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the Final Verdict (tFV) - 2 Month Long Armored Core: Verdict Day marathon farmboy28 0 82 01-21-2024, 06:06 AM
Last Post: farmboy28
  Pilot's Internal Organization (PIO) - Armored Core Content Updates farmboy28 33 5,770 12-24-2023, 04:09 AM
  Armored Core 6 Updates and News farmboy28 6 689 10-12-2023, 08:29 PM
  Armored Core PvP retrospective Lord_Leperman 0 443 07-28-2023, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman
  We compiled a list of reactions/opinions about Armored Core VI revealed today and als farmboy28 2 456 07-28-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman
  ARMORED CORE VI FIRES OF RUBICON — Story Trailer farmboy28 1 370 07-23-2023, 02:01 AM
Last Post: atdsutm
  PCSX2 Armored Core PNACH Files Grim 4 5,665 04-30-2023, 10:51 AM
Last Post: phi1anthropy
  The Armored Core Series: A Newcomer's Journey Grim 3 605 03-25-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: NiX
  Armored Core VI Debut Trailer farmboy28 16 2,352 12-20-2022, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Grim
  『ARMORED CORE SUITE 02』 farmboy28 0 3,844 11-24-2017, 04:31 PM