Current time: 04-18-2024, 04:26 PM
Dreams
Rant:

I had a dream trapped in a room... WITH JOHNNY SASAKI. We were trying to get out desperately because both of our intestines were going to blow up. I woke up before kneeling in front of a locked door, then it turned out that I REALLY NEED TO GET TO A FUCKING BATHROOM, ASAP. I rushed as quickly as possible to the bathroom at the moment I woke up, without stretching nor anything like that. Which gave me a bad morning to start with.
Rant: I had a most excellent dream that Grim was able to hack LR and he was able to put a hand-held cluster bazooka launcher into the game. Sad
Rant - Dreamed that i was stuck in an ice-cream delivery truck. My nuts were freezing off and no one was responding to my calls. Then i woke up and it turns out that my brother opened the fan up on me early in the morning, leaving me pretty well-chilled.

@Goat
Funny, that sounds like a dream i had a few weeks ago about standing in line for the restrooms at some amusement park with Josef Stalin and Napoleon Bonaparte arguing behind me and Ludwig van Beethoven and Jean-Paul Sartre arm-wrestling in front of me while waiting for Mahatma Gandhi to finish his time on the throne.

@Leperdude
At least that's not as bad as putting a buster rifle into the game and having the ACs move like mecha from other series.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
rant - I keep dreaming of zombies D=
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

When I was in school I used to have this dream where I already took a bath and was getting dressed. Whenever it was this dream that kicked in, I always ended up being awfully late.
I had a dream about a tsunami drowning the world months before Ondoy came. It was awesome though because surfers were riding the crest of the wave.

Prophetic dreams FTW. But then you don't know they're prophetic until after.
I dream quite often of things that are going to happen, then when they do happen, something just clicks and I tell myself, "oh, I was dreaming that a few months ago."

It hasn't happened just once. It's happens on a regular basis, every few weeks. There's really no warning as to when the event will happen. I don't take them down because I think it's a bit creepy.
I know those kinds of dreams and they always irritate me @_@ but unlike your prophetic dreams mine are limited to only simple events aka watching the tv and changing to a specific channel ... creepy none the less.

Same here. Every now and then, some events in real life turn out to be near exact copies of dreams i've had previously. I've just been lucky that those that did end up in reality were the ones that were good dreams.

(01-07-2009, 05:40 PM)Fox Wrote: Rant - That was just about the most apocalyptic dream i've ever had. Yes, it's a dream and i had it just about earlier because i work the nightshift. To quote the venerable Obi-wan from A New Hope - "That's no moon, it's space station."

In that dream, i literally saw the end of the world.

At the start of it, i'm sitting in some cafe with my boss on the balcony of some building in Makati, discussing career advancement options. It's evening and the moon appears to be quite large, almost like it's moving closer by the second. I dismiss it as some sort of natural phenomena. Later, the moon is really close, filling up about a quarter of the sky, close enough to see the details on it.

Examining it more closely, small explosions seem to be dotting it's surface. At first, i think they're meteor impacts. The TV in the cafe then switches to some news channel, the reporter saying that a lot of networks have been having trouble getting connections from their broadcast satellites, thus making it clear what the explosions actually are. Then the screen fills with static.

At this point, the stars have been blotted out and the sky is nothing but an expanse of gray craters.

Circles of brightness appear on the moon's surface. Small at first but growing steadily larger. People start panicking by now. Most head for the lower levels of the building while a few, including me, stay up to watch the events. Without warning, shafts of light stab downwards, vaporizing anything in their path. Those of us with cellphones open then get reports saying that the same thing has been happening all over the world. It then makes sense to head downwards and seek shelter.

I then end up running down the emergency stairwell, cellphone in hand and trying to reassure my folks that everything's okay. Right in the middle of telling them that i love them, the floor suddenly shifts and i'm thrown on my back, along with everything else. Yep, looks like the building's collapsing. Things seem strangely weightless, i then look out the small window and see the lights on the adjacent building flashing past.

I don't know what would've happened afterwards, because my eye are open and i'm breathing heavily. I realize that i'm now awake and am staring at the ceiling. It's seldom that i get dreams that vivid and even weirder that it's something i can remember quite clearly. That's exactly the kind of dream i really hate getting.

Kinda makes you think what really is going on up there, right?

This is one dream i'm glad didn't turn out prophetic.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(12-07-2009, 01:21 PM)Fox Wrote:
(01-07-2009, 05:40 PM)Fox Wrote: apocalyptic dream

This is one dream i'm glad didn't turn out prophetic.

...yet Ninja

The nearer you go towards the light...
The greater your shadow becomes...

[Image: rational.jpg]
[Image: exteel.png]
but I always dream of zombies ... oh noos! Ninja

For some reason I know I'm dreaming when I do. It kinda sucks.
That's actually kinnda cool, since the moment you realize its a dream then you can pretty much control the whole sequence. I remember realizing "this is a dream sequence" while I was walking down some tunnel. With that moment of realization, I immediately wished for a giant robot of some sort, then a giant robot arm suddenly crashes through the tunnel destroying the ceiling and giving a perfect view of the mecha. I rode its arm and after a couple of minutes of driving the mecha, my dream had to end Sad.

You are your own god in dreams once you realize it.
That's called lucid dreaming, in case you didn't know.

Usually, the moment I realize that I'm in a dream is whenever a nightmare occurs. LOL
The sucky thing about knowing that i'm in a dream is that it ends all too soon afterwards, especially when something good is happening. Of course, the upside is when you're having a nightmare instead, in which you can will yourself awake.