Current time: 03-28-2024, 09:28 PM
Abroad
Compared to AU where you'll only need to declare if it's above $900. No need to be hiding even the less valuable stuff.

Quote:General goods
If you are aged 18 years or over, you can bring up to A$900 worth of general goods into Australia duty-free. If you are under 18 years of age there is a A$450 limit. General goods include gifts, souvenirs, cameras, electronic equipment, leather goods, perfume concentrates, jewellery, watches and sporting equipment.
Just to sum up today's experience with a superior asian country:

-Dumami ang mga pilipino. Bigla ka pang kakausapin kahit di mo kausap. The population in general has increased.
-Food is way cheaper than in AU. Around $3.50 in hawker centers and around $6.50 in fast foods and food courts. So-so service in some fast food chains/ food courts. In australia you might spend $6-8 for a medium sized fast food meal, and around $10-15 in restaurants.
-Singapore is not the gunpla paradise that I thought it would be. I visited 4 hobby shops today, but only two stocks gunpla. Also I only saw one AC kit. Hobby Art Gallery has a huge selection of MG kits but I didn't bother checking the price.
-Mahal ang mga damit. Mahal lahat. Abot $150 ang mga sapatos at pantalon. Puro mga branded kasi.

[Image: ejejeje_zps5ee80127.jpg]
-Transport is fucken cheap and convenient. I love the reloadable EZ-link cards that they use.
-Night life. Shops don't close at 5PM. In australia most shops are closed by 6pm with the exception of supermarkets. You could end up getting mugged/ raped/ bashed if you go home late w/o transport or sundo.
-Unusual use of words like using "Advice" instead of receipt. WTF is Curate?
-No sense of racial tension, people are well disciplined/ minding their own business. No hobos asking for a change/ lighter. Hindi rin mababaho ang mga tao. In AU you'll meet people who don't use deodorants or don't shower for days.
In olden times, a curate was usually the assistant clergy to the local parish priest. In today's screwed up world where words slowly lose their original meaning and morph into new ones, i have no damn idea. Tongue

Padating ka na pala dito bukas ng gabi, pre?
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(12-20-2012, 12:46 AM)J.E_Magog Wrote: -Transport is fucken cheap and convenient. I love the reloadable EZ-link cards that they use.

Ganito din sa Hong Kong. Cheap, fast, easy, timely, comfortable. Sobrang nakakainggit. Iba talaga pag maganda ang urban planning.
Just discovered the Funan mall. This is probably the best place to visit if your a geek. Gadgets, toys, games, computers and free wifi. My favorite shop so far is Black Tactical. They stock mostly military gear. Bought a UN observer shirt for $20. They even have MRE's for sale.

(12-20-2012, 11:41 AM)Fox Wrote: Padating ka na pala dito bukas ng gabi, pre?

Oo pre. By saturday pilipino na ako.

Grim Wrote:Ganito din sa Hong Kong. Cheap, fast, easy, timely, comfortable. Sobrang nakakainggit. Iba talaga pag maganda ang urban planning.

At mas madaling imanage ang bansa nila dahil maliit. Mga private vehicles dito $70-150k. Sadya nilang pinamahalan para konti lang bumibili ng sasakyan para mabawasan ang traffic sa daan.[/b]
JE, I'd like to request something. Could you check for ML2032 type rechargeable batteries in electronics shops? Tell me how much they are first though. Kung may oras ka pa dyan lang. Bigla ko lang naalala ngayon eh.
'Signatures are overrated.'
Para saan ba gagamitin. I'll look around

Edit
Couldnt find any. Pretty much most of the shops I visited have never seen such a thing.
Mostly cr2032 not ml types.
Thanks JE. It was for my uncle's wireless keyboard. Mahilig kasi bumili overseas tapos mahirap hanapan ng piyesa locally.
It's the same size as a CR2032, only thicker by a millimeter.
'Signatures are overrated.'
Necro'd
Nakakita(at nakahipo) na din ng
Armored Core

[Image: 23118485454_67fe94193c_c.jpg]

[Image: 23638206972_379da2c4df_c.jpg]
That's a nice looking Guntank Tongue
Haha susunod yung 1/1 Gundam
Part of my to-do list while I'm still here

[Image: 24293055465_c5ae574379_c.jpg]

Meanwhile in AU
Awesome pictures. I wasn't aware that they've already made 1/1 exhibits of so many mechs. The valkyrie looks amazing. Life-size Mari looks creepy, though.
(01-11-2016, 12:15 AM)NiX Wrote: Life-size Mari looks creepy, though.
It's the least creepy looking statue tbh LOL
I think there was also a 1/1 gundam exhibit at Fuji-Q years ago, before they had the evangelion display.