Current time: 03-29-2024, 01:33 AM
Abroad
Hey guys I'm planning to bring my laptop(hand carried) and I'm wondering if it has to be declared in NAIA. Also I might bring in a brand new pair of shoes for my friend, do I have to declare it as well?

[Image: ElCustoms_zps206fb76a.jpg]
From the way it's worded, it does seem to be required that you do declare those items. You may wanna wait for a second opinion from the others first, though.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
From what I've read maraming hindi nagdedeclare, basta for personal use lang daw. Other people say they do a bit of bribing and customs wouldn't bother with their stuff.
If you're bringing the shoes, ditch the box and anything else that might make it look new. Don't worry about the laptop. Would be preferable if you hand-carried it in a backpack or something.
Yeah as much as possible don't declare, they just make you pay unnecesary fees. I suggest following Nix's advice specially hand carrying the laptop.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Thanks a lot guys. I think I'll skip buying the shoes from here and just buy them in manila. One less thing to worry about.
As someone who's had experience with both, I agree. Ditch the boxes, packaging, or anything that would point to any items being new. The laptop, since it's yours, it's easy enough to explain. Sabihin mo nalang din kung tinanong, sayo yung sapatos.
(12-15-2012, 04:10 PM)Grim Wrote: Sabihin mo nalang din kung tinanong, sayo yung sapatos.

Actually pang babae yung sapatos LOL
(12-15-2012, 04:29 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote:
(12-15-2012, 04:10 PM)Grim Wrote: Sabihin mo nalang din kung tinanong, sayo yung sapatos.

Actually pang babae yung sapatos LOL

Haha! Di papasa sa Customs Officer! LOL
Isusuot ko nalang baka makalusot pa.
Kung magtanong sila, sabihin mo huwag silang makialam sa trip ng may trip.
(12-15-2012, 09:39 PM)NiX Wrote: Kung magtanong sila, sabihin mo huwag silang makialam sa trip ng may trip.

Tama. Walang basagan ng trip, pre!
(12-16-2012, 12:53 PM)Grim Wrote:
(12-15-2012, 09:39 PM)NiX Wrote: Kung magtanong sila, sabihin mo huwag silang makialam sa trip ng may trip.

Tama. Walang basagan ng trip, pre!

Oh myyy...
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Flirty Fox has met his match!
the laptop im using was bought in Qatar. what we did coming home was to put it in my backpack, no box no nothing. the old one i went to Qatar with and other stuff we bought, we sent home ahead of us in a package. dunno about paper work tho, i was with my father so he handled that. also this was like three/four years ago.